• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What does 6.5 do over 7.62?

This guy is pretty damn sweet. https://bpioutdoors.com/cascade-sb/

Short barrel so easier to handle and can change LOP for a shorter person. Would be a perfect option for a young teen but I don't think 18" and 6.5 CM would go that well together for long range shooting. Would make for a hell of a handy rifle though!

Just asked my son and he likes the XT which is their 22" barrel and is "precision oriented". https://bpioutdoors.com/cascade-xt/#product-reviews

Reactions: Makinchips208
I thought trans people in the military were a more recent thing. I was under the impression that the Biden administration was really the ones responsible for starting the acceptance of that.

But then I saw you posted you were in the military for 10 years.
As I mentioned in another thread, I had proof of gays in the military. Specifically, lesbians.

One day, I was driving home and the vehicle in front of me had a sticker that read "US Army, Retired."

It was on a Subaru.

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
Gotta figure out what the son's first rifle will be in 6.5 CM...

Howa 1500

Ruger American

CVA Cascade

*new production and good to go* Remington 700
No, you can't do that here. You need to start a new thread so we can re-hash your choices to the n-th degree!

Personally I would pass on the Howa, I've hard decent things about the Ruger, and very little about the CVA. The Bergara is probably the best choice of those mentioned. The main thing I would keep in mind is fitment of the stock for a younger shooter.

Reactions: Huskydriver
You mentioned "people who shoot people for a living" and made sure to exclude MIL for some reason.....who else does that leave?

Sicarios?

So only JSOC counts now?

LEO and every other branch of the military don't count because they use .308 and your argument falls apart?

Your mental gymnastics are incredible....you look at the one set of data that backs up your position, then just ignore the mountain of data saying the opposite because "they don't count"...for....reasons.
Stop. Feeding. Cobracutter/TurretGunner/DeathByDiscount/FobbitTroll/NicholasThe+500PRSExpert

It’s arguing with an idiot. They just drag you down and beat you with experience

You mentioned "people who shoot people for a living" and made sure to exclude MIL for some reason.....who else does that leave?

Sicarios?

So only JSOC counts now?

LEO and every other branch of the military don't count because they use .308 and your argument falls apart?

Your mental gymnastics are incredible....you look at the one set of data that backs up your position, then just ignore the mountain of data saying the opposite because "they don't count"...for....reasons.
Dont know about the military but I have have shared the range with some police swat teams and they stated to me that their policy limits maximum engagement range to 200 yards. They all shoot 308 rifles and for them that would be a perfect choice for the distances they expect to
engage a target.

You are either repeating shit to troll or asking questions THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED, which if you read the thread, this would be apparent.

I didn't bring LEO into the discussion. Someone else did.

I made a post that relates PRS shooting showing the difference in performance between 308 and 6.5CM/6mms for hit percentage in practical LR shooting.

CAPTNEMO posted some bullshit about military 260 and 308s. I responded how people who shoot people for a living (IE JSOC and SOCOM) are already using 6.5CM and other ballistically superior rounds. I did not spell this out but assumed people understood the distinction, which I later clarified. Then I explained a bit about how the difference between 308 and 6.5cm or whatever doesn't matter in big DOD anyway since its an very small percentage of the casualties inflicted. So to clear this up for those slow on the uptake, the boys who "Shoot people for a living" Are the pipe hitters in JSOC who actually engage in small arms fights, and they have been using rounds like the .260 and 6.5cm for over a decade. Then I said anyone who brings up what the military is using as a justification for anything should be ignored. The military being big DOD which is almost what anyone who references it talking about. What part of this is hard to understand?

The Stevo86 makes a smart ass post at the shitbag troll Abr31c or whatever starts talking shit. Then the retard mcameron starts with his bullshit becuase like the others, is not intellegent enough to grasp what is being said. The Bender and the same band of 5-10 idiots who troll and add zero to this site start jumping in, just being their usualy shitbag selves.

So my appologies for not breaking every post down so a 1st grader can understand this. I was responding to some who were trolling and some who were making actual statements. There is alot of bullshit in this thread that needed to be corrected, and honestly ignored most of it.

Then you come in here and do nothing but add fuel to the fire and then try to take the high road. Its diengeious.

If you want to pick apart my arguement go ahead, If you dont like what I have to say or how I say it, Too bad. I got a thick skin and could give 2 shits what a bunch of randos on the internet think. But dont throw insults then pretend to be a victium who is taking the high road. Thats some pussy ass troll shit as bad as the shitbags above.

I'm not trying to impress you. Your opinion means nothing to me. So unless you have some new information or something to add, then feel free to step aside.

Nuance, context, details. They matter.
Screenshot_20221031-153048_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Bender
Decendent of Scottish royalty if you really want to know. We got real good at killing and branded war mongers. Helped robert the bruce win independence and commanded his calvary. Became a political threat so the nobles eventually banded together and stole my ancestors castle and lands years later. They came to the America's in the 17th century and have fought in every war since then. We like violence.
373D5DDD-3105-48E6-AC2E-E768BBDF87A3.jpeg

I... uh... can't believe this thread is still going. I ignored it completely when it popped up because I assumed it was a troll thread that would burn itself out in a few hours... yet here we are. Six pages of... well, shit that I'm not gonna read, to be honest. The first page made me roll my eyes so hard I'm gonna put it in my medical records.

I... uh... can't believe this thread is still going. I ignored it completely when it popped up because I assumed it was a troll thread that would burn itself out in a few hours... yet here we are. Six pages of... well, shit that I'm not gonna read, to be honest. The first page made me roll my eyes so hard I'm gonna put it in my medical records.

From what Travon told me this isn't the only thing you had to put in your medical records for causing you to roll your eyes so hard.

gap 7mm rem mag in AI AICS

SAC 6.5cm in magpul Hunter. Since replaced by the superior krg bravo

Ruger RPR in 6.5 cm. Not mine.

Desert tech A1 covert 6.5cm

AI AXSA 6.5cm since replaced by the superior AT-X

You can buy trued 700s and aftermarket barreled actions for $1000-1500. Throw in a krg bravo. It’s the best budget option

Stop. Feeding. Cobracutter/TurretGunner/DeathByDiscount/FobbitTroll/NicholasThe+500PRSExpert

It’s arguing with an idiot. They just drag you down and beat you with experience
I cannot unsee what I have seen. Deathbydiscount just will not let me go. Well done. And I have no hard feelings for the guy.

Heck, I laugh at myself. However, it kind of makes me glad I did not choose some clever nom de plume that could be twisted against me.

However, with my name being Ron, one coworker called me Veronica. He had been to prison, so, I called him Connie. Jocularity ensued.

Reactions: Bender
I cannot unsee what I have seen. Deathbydiscount just will not let me go. Well done. And I have no hard feelings for the guy.

Heck, I laugh at myself. However, it kind of makes me glad I did not choose some clever nom de plume that could be twisted against me.

However, with my name being Ron, one coworker called me Veronica. He had been to prison, so, I called him Connie. Jocularity ensued.
1704494361520.gif

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
Well I'm mad and intrigued at the same time. I'm a die hard 308cal guy and had all intentions of dying with that caliber of old age. But on here you guys kept and kept pushing me towards 6.5 Creedmoor so I at least looked into why I shouldn't do it.

Less recoil, less powder usage, bullets are about $10 cheaper per 100.

Last leg I had to stand on was MIL and LE still use the 308 for sniper usage though. But then I found out SOCOM is wanting to go to 6.5 Creedmoor over 308 due to it being a more effective round. :cautious:

So is a 308cal really just old tech that still gets it done but there are better options out there?

Does the 6.5 Creedmoor really do better at target shooting?

Is the 6.5 Creedmoor really more effective than 308 on 2 legged threats?
I use 6.5 to shoot coyotes. If you really want more creed on this forum, get a 6.5 more creed and hunt coyotes. You'll quickly find that when it comes to SHTF situations, you will be selected #1 out of 10. Trust me! Top PRS guys might use .308, but dont fall for their fuddery!

Trust me, I know a lot of Seals and Whales....they all shoot 6.5.

I use 6.5 to shoot coyotes. If you really want more creed on this forum, get a 6.5 more creed and hunt coyotes. You'll quickly find that when it comes to SHTF situations, you will be selected #1 out of 10. Trust me! Top PRS guys might use .308, but dont fall for their fuddery!

I hear that is the measure of a true marksman and why the Marines got rid of the scout snipers allegedly....

That and a career in concrete, 200 confirmed bow kills...and of course a 275lb bench press

Usually military picks up what competitors are doing ten years later. The police then need another twenty to catch on

That’s from my experience

Funny Tubb tried 260 in SR25 back around 2000. Then guys started modifying the 308 case further and further. Then 6.5 Creedmoor was born

As retired cop I don’t see cops changing to 6.5 anytime soon because engagement distance is so much shorter and so far the bullets for 6.5 have not been as good as glass penetrators as the best 308 bullets. Unless I missed something?
Both the swat snipers i know are shooting 6.5. Both with sherriff depts

Let me fling some feces into the mix. I have been watching TPH podcast and they do a lot of predator hunting, especially coyotes. And they have been having a lot of success with the 6 ARC.

You are welcome, internet.

Those are all real usernames he has had before here that have been banned as far as I can tell.

Was he crabs and football as well or was that somebody else? Can't remember.

• Haha
Reactions: Ronws and Mkwyo