• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors What holster/carry method for G19 with suppressor?

Creature

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2007
Are there any options for carrying a Glock 19 with a suppressor? I'm able to carry my Ruger 22/45 with a suppressor in my 1911 holster just fine. The bottom of it is open and the suppressor sticks out a good amount but it works fine. The main problem with the G19/suppressor is that the diameter of the suppressor prevents it from going into the holster. I'd really like to be able to have a suppressed secondary weapon with a little more oomph for when I'm hunting.

Any ideas?

Google "Crye Precision Gunclip".

GunClip?

Here's an interesting review with alot of pics:
Crye Precision GunClip Review - KSCCW.com Forum

I know for a fact that it works great with a Glock-19, Gen 4, with a Surefire x300 and Ti-Rant 9.
Attachment adjusts for your desired angle, and the "teeth" of the clip can be widened/narrowed (top-to-bottom) for web-belts or pant-belts or MOLLE webbing.

Very versatile.

Last edited:
What holster/carry method for G19 with suppressor?

The Crye Gunclip snap has a tab that faces forward and opens easily when touched by anything it bangs into. It's secure enough for the range but isn't secure enough for any kind of practical use.

Last edited:
The Crye Gunclip snap has a tab that faces forward and opens easily when touched by anything. It works on the range, but isn't secure enough for any kind of practical use.

I'll admit, I haven't gone hiking with it, but the snap on mine is pretty solid. If you wanted to make it "jumpable", then a redundant velcro strap could be easily wrapped around it horizontally. Similar to those computer wire "organizer" straps.

Even if the snap is popped on mine, you have to torque the weapon at an angle to pop it out of the retaining clip. I guess if you were rough-handling it, the weapon could come out, but that is an arguable point for many holsters.

I'm curious for other solutions, though. Always ready to upgrade. :)

The GunClip is very interesting, thanks for posting. My only concern would be that the snap would hold up. It would be a real bitch to have my G19 with a chambered round drop to the ground from waist high. You might be on to something though with the velcro. It would be nice to have an extra measure of security. My only concern with that would be noise when unholstering while hunting.

Are you on KSCCW Snake-Eyes? I've been on there for years and was surprised to see that site linked.

I run the GunClip with my G34 and Octane 9 and have had ZERO issues with the snap because it does NOT face forward. It actually faces out, away from your body, behind where the trigger guard is at on your weapon.
HOWEVER, I did run into a HUGE issue for me that is unacceptable with this style of holster. One that many may not have noticed.
I took it up with the boys at CRYE while at the NRA convention in TX.

The mag release button is not only exposed, but is in a position that makes it possible to engage if you're in close spaces (happened once while riding shotgun in a Polaris Ranger) or if it's hit while the pistol position is vertical (happened again while closing the passenger door on a Ford F150) Both instances resluted in losing a full mag. (A 17 and 33 round mag to boot) It wasn't until the 2nd one was gone, that I realized the issue.

So far, the fix has been to carry it with the muzzle slightly angled rearward to position the mag release button up where the belt loops can protect it from accidental impacts.

GunClip.jpg

I run the GunClip with my G34 and Octane 9 and have had ZERO issues with the snap because it does NOT face forward. It actually faces out, away from your body, behind where the trigger guard is at on your weapon.
HOWEVER, I did run into a HUGE issue for me that is unacceptable with this style of holster. One that many may not have noticed.
I took it up with the boys at CRYE while at the NRA convention in TX.

The mag release button is not only exposed, but is in a position that makes it possible to engage if you're in close spaces (happened once while riding shotgun in a Polaris Ranger) or if it's hit while the pistol position is vertical (happened again while closing the passenger door on a Ford F150) Both instances resluted in losing a full mag. (A 17 and 33 round mag to boot) It wasn't until the 2nd one was gone, that I realized the issue.

So far, the fix has been to carry it with the muzzle slightly angled rearward to position the mag release button up where the belt loops can protect it from accidental impacts.

View attachment 18806

Very good sir! Thanks a bunch for the info. I will be ordering one of these soon.

I only have one other question. When you draw/unsnap the gun from the holster is it very loud? Could you do it slower and make it quieter? I will be using this while hunting and want to avoid being noisy if possible.

Last edited: