• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors What is the best suppresor cover for a silencerco omega. The sico one i bought slides to easy when shooting.

Axel314

Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2017
Indiana
Trying to get some opinions on the best cover for my sico omega suppresor. I bought a sico cover and it slides when shooting. Been running the muzzle brake end cap. Just want a good cover that will stay in place. Thanks

Are you using the ASR rear, a direct thread, or something else?
I've been using an Armageddon Gear high temp to good effect with the cinch point between the ASR collar and tube.

Reactions: TACC
I’m running mine with direct thread with muzzle brake end cap with a cole tac cover been happy so far got about 350 rounds down it... too early to give solid review

Ive been running the asr mount. Thinking about switching to the area 419 mount to run with my 419 brake.

Reactions: AverageGrunt
I’ve been using the rifles only suppressor cover. It has an integrated cord you run around the barrel and holds against the back of the suppressor. It keeps it from sliding forward under recoil and does not affect barrel harmonics.

Does a great job of keeping mirage down.

Another Armageddon Gear user here. They haven’t failed me yet.

Don’t clue out Coletac. If you have questions about fit, I’m sure Dustin can answer you via email.

I’ve actually found that the paracord works better for tightening covers down than Velcro/Kevlar as long as it cinches around the rear.

I run Armageddon Gear (non hi temp), Omega/Ultra and Area 419 Hellfire Mounts. Works better than anything else I’ve tried.

I’ve actually found that the paracord works better for tightening covers down than Velcro/Kevlar as long as it cinches around the rear.

I run Armageddon Gear (non hi temp), Omega/Ultra and Area 419 Hellfire Mounts. Works better than anything else I’ve tried.
You better keep that can very cool. The melting point of paracord is very low. Our cord wraps behind the can but is Kevlar so no melting happening there.
147D5ED1-A5CD-49F9-8110-7FFD2E3D6506.jpeg

You better keep that can very cool. The melting point of paracord is very low. Our cord wraps behind the can but is Kevlar so no melting happening there.
View attachment 7128768

I dig that set up.

And yes, the paracord stays on the bolt gun. Gets pretty hot at matches and what not but have not had any issues with it or the cover itself melting.

I’ve been using the rifles only suppressor cover. It has an integrated cord you run around the barrel and holds against the back of the suppressor. It keeps it from sliding forward under recoil and does not affect barrel harmonics.

Does a great job of keeping mirage down.

What mirage? I’ve NEVER seen it using a Rifles Only HAD. Cinch down your cord as recommended & it’ll never slip. Buy w/ confidence.

Very happy with my high temp ColeTac. No slip, no mirage, no burns. Can’t ask for more.

I don't have a sico omega suppressor but the Armageddon gear suppressor cover has served me well for my Ultra 7.

A guy asked me at the range once, whats the purpose of the sock in the front of the gun?

Area 419 adapter setup is money. So much better than a direct thread. I have yet to have a suppressor work its way free.

Armageddon Gear suppressor cover. Even if you don’t plan on using it on full auto I would go with high temp.

Unless you shoot bolt guns at only rates below 5 rounds a minute, I would go high temp. Suppressors get really hot, especially on semi-autos.