• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is the weather like in your AO today?

8f currently, says it will be -10 tonight.

Not knowing how cold it would be, I planned to sleep in the yard tonight for fun and to test some new components of sleep system. Hopefully I survive. 🥶
Last Friday night my 8 year old daughter wanted to join me in the yard. It only got to -4f and we stayed warm enough. 😄

Reactions: UKDslayer
22F here, but the power came back on, so we’re comfortable.

More freezing rain in the forecast for tomorrow but it’s supposed to warm up tomorrow evening and rain quite a bit, so maybe the ice will melt.

Hoping the power stays on.

P

Caught another break in the weather here today!
Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 13.01.32.png

Screenshot_20240115-122116~2.png

My turnpike exit is closed for some reason so I just took the day off.

My female shepherd just came up and bumped my hand as if she was reminding me that this is the perfect weather for chasing the Frisbee. I guess it probably is as far as she's concerned.

Mike

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Had a military funeral this morning.
The temperature was -4* when I got to the cemetery . . . but it warmed up to -2* by the time the service was over.
Still trying to get some feeling back in my feet.

Just me and eight of my closest friends.
Our average age is 75.
I love those guys!

Middle Tennessee has got 6 inches of snow and move coming down! 16 degrees and wondering why the hell I didn’t get a Generac installed! Hopefully won’t get roving blackouts

I've actually been out the last few days looking for coyotes in the heated mobile blind. -12, -8, and -2 this morning. It feels somewhat warmish, when you don't have that 25-35 mph wind cutting through you. I pretty much have the countryside mostly to myself. Go figure.

Warmer temps and snow Tu-Th, nothing major, then rain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Makinchips208
I've actually been out the last few days looking for coyotes in the heated mobile blind. -12, -8, and -2 this morning. It feels somewhat warmish, when you don't have that 25-35 mph wind cutting through you. I pretty much have the countryside mostly to myself. Go figure.

Warmer temps and snow Tu-Th, nothing major, then rain.
Back in 2011 we had a big snow storm followed by record lows... -20's down to -30's. But there was no wind. Dead calm and bone dry air. Actually did better in those conditions than a +35° day with wind.

Mike

Hit -18 ambient Sat night. Finally above freezing at 1 today. Snowing sideways now.

I like the cold and snow though...

All bulshit aside getting freezing rain in my ao. Not good because tree limbs like to fall on power lines. Roads freezing up, cause all kind of problems.

As posted previously, lot of high water around here and it happens about every winter/rainy season. Seems some people can't read high water signs and don't have sense enough to figure out water is getting deeper as they drive into it.

Let's drive down a flooded road

As posted previously, lot of high water around here and it happens about every winter/rainy season. Seems some people can't read high water signs and don't have sense enough to figure out water is getting deeper as they drive into it.

Let's drive down a flooded road
Sounds like those who built houses on that nice green bench just above the river. Funny thing about seeing fresh water mussel shells when they dug the foundation. 🤷🏼🤦🏼‍♂️

You guys are spoiled. In Edmonton Alberta last Thursday night it was -64C. That works out to -83F. Freeze the nuts off a brass monkey.

• Wow
Reactions: philly1010
Looking out the office window this morning
IMG_20240118_093553716_HDR.jpg

And this afternoon
IMG_20240118_152515616_HDR.jpg

Spring's a comin boys!🤠

Last edited: