• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What next for my build.

Twisted Jester

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2013
G'town, Ky
First time post but long time lurker here. Thanks to all the great posts on here I've learned a lot from you guys, thanks for that!! I have a Remington 700 .308 AAC SD. I have shot it for the last 3 years and saved for some work for it over that time. I got a Nightforce nxs scope, nightforce rings. base and a 30p-1. Last summer I got an AICS 1.5 and that took it to a whole new level. I now have enough for some more work on it so what should I do next? I really like the trigger on it but I've never shot any other ones but factory, that might be a choice. I'm just learning to reload and that is taking a little time but I'm getting better. Any suggestions?

Try some other triggers if you can and see what you like before you buy... Or sometimes its good to just leave a solid rifle as-is and move on to another purpose built build. I had a solid Rem 700 in 308 that I wish I would have stopped monkeying with. Either way enjoy it!

Sounds like you've got it covered. Unless you might do some cosmetics like flute your bolt or custom paint. Maybe custom bolt knob...

If you like how it shoots I'd put $$ towards a solid loading setup and components. If you want more than a trigger however I'd sell it and upgrade rifles. With brand new AI AE folders going for $3k doing action work and tying that kind of money up in a Remington doesn't make much sense.

Already got the can for it. Started paperwork 6 months after I got it.Since it seems to be that I should start another rifle and I like the AICS, what action should I get that will fit in that chassis? I've seen a lot of threads on here about the Remington 700 action, is blueprinting the action and putting a new barrel on a waste of money and I should focus more on load development. I've got about $2700 and I saw the AI 6.5 creedmoor fixed was about $3500 but how long is the wait and is that a good next rifle?

Definitely upgrade the trigger (something like a Timney 510 will allow you to set the trigger's travel and weight to better suit your style of shooting), but if your current setup gets you moa or better, leave it alone. Assuming your rifle's inherent accuracy meets your expectations/requirements, spend your hard-earned money on ammo/components and wear that barrel out. THEN, decide if you want to do the work on you action or if you want to buy something else.