• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns What sidearm do y'all carry?

542027bbfd2d103799d53ff2f50ef5a7.jpg

G19 with APL, Streamlight Microstream, SOG flash ii (going to replace), Trexarms Light Raptor holster (highly, highly recommended).... not in the pic. G17 mag for a just in case reload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I now carry a G19 in an Incog with spare mag in the mag caddy. When I was in Commiefornia I carried a Springfield XDs in 45 also in an Incog with spare mag in mag caddy. Still have the XDs but its my back up gun that sits in the closet lol. Id like to get a VP9 this summer same setup just not sure if it will be too big. Might have to go OWB for that.

HK is coming out with the VP9 compact but its only 10rds of 9mm, not sure I want to give up my 15rd G19 mags for 10 rounders.

I just added a 649 to my collection. It provides inside the pocket options when I am at work and cannot conceal a firearm on my waist.

Xpe6FiF.jpg

Combat Kukri in a Kydex chest rig... it's very sidearmery. I heard about it from a guy on arfcom.... I hear you can use it to deflect bullets if you carry it Israeli style.

Cheers,

Sirhr

No hair comments? He works so hard on it just to get it perfect for you.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QYHxGBH6o4M?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

May the glitter be with you. And the penicillin. And the Zyvox, too.

CCW i either run my 1911 or MP 45 with x300. 1911 if its a short day trip, MP if i know i will be out past dark. both carry at least 1 spare mag. when going to the hood (AKA my gfs parents house) i carry 2 mags.

Open carry/training is usually my G20SF with x300U loaded with buffalo bore HPs. Love the 10mm!

I can't do it. I've tried to carry other than a 1911, which I carried for work, but I just can't adjust. I don't carry often, but when I have to, it is the only platform I feel comfortable with under stress, and, more than that, I hate training with anything else, so I never narrow the gap. Also, my days of needing more than 8 rounds in a mag are way behind me, I am lucky to see 8 people in a week, so the only downside is the weight.

Right now my family is visiting the mother in law in California so I'm carrying nothing! Not a good feeling, feel like I'm vulnerable everywhere, and I'm in Sacramento which is not a good place at all. Happy Easter and be safe, can't wait to get back to the mountains of Colorado.

Sacramento is a real hole. I was stuck there last year and I remember that every time I ventured a block from my hotel I found another area that gave me the creeps.

I carry a G23 with TLR-1 and a spare G22 mag off duty. On duty, I carry the G22 with TLR-1 and anywhere from 1-4 spare mags depending on attire and duties of the day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I carry a S&W Shield in 9mm with a spare mag daily (AIWB), absolutely love it. Prior to that I carried a XDm in .40S&W, also loved that it was just a hair to big for me to conceal while wearing a single t-shirt. My Shield solved that problem.

[SUP]I'm in SoCal. That means I carry my left side arm, and my right side arm. And two tactical thumbs. That is all we're allowed. Luckily they teach tactical fetal position for when some loon starts yelling Allah is greater!
I do have a safe full of cool toys, however. Maybe I can participate constructively the next time someone starts a gun p0rn thread. Or a "what do you own that you would carry if you got a taste of freedom?" thread.[/SUP]

Last edited:
I carry my beloved and always trusted G19, sometimes if it's cold (weird in South Florida) I carry my Sig P229 Legion.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I have been working a springfield range office lightweight champion into rotation lately and love it. VZ operators and wilson etm/HD mags are the only changes from stock. I'm on a 1911 kick right now.

I can't do it. I've tried to carry other than a 1911, which I carried for work, but I just can't adjust. I don't carry often, but when I have to, it is the only platform I feel comfortable with under stress, and, more than that, I hate training with anything else, so I never narrow the gap. Also, my days of needing more than 8 rounds in a mag are way behind me, I am lucky to see 8 people in a week, so the only downside is the weight.

I'm an idiot. I wasted good practice time again on a gun that has more modern sensibilities. I suppose I am not awful with it, but my group sizes are a good two to three times what they are with any of my 1911s. Granted, these are magazine size groups, and the magazines hold more rounds, so larger groups are to be expected, but I really don't see how it does me any good. I almost never carry, unless I am out overnight on horseback or camping, so I am not sure why any of this matters, but I like to stay good at things, and shooting something I don't enjoy shooting and have no history with doesn't seem conducive to that. Sorry for the ramble, sometimes I have to write out what a doofus I can be.

I have carried a sig 229 for the last 10 years and other than it being a little thick, it is great. 4 inch 1911 may be just about perfect for me. Maybe next year I will add the 4 inch emp or the new edc x9 wilson to finally have a 9mm again. I'm going to carry the shit out of this springfield for now though. There is something to be said for the 1911 design longevity.

HK USP compact 45 99% of the time.
Ruger LCR .357 the other 1%

At work a SIG P226 Legion 9mm. Between home and work SIG P320 compact 9mm. When wearing shorts a SIG 290.

Sig p239 in 40 with one spare mag when outside the NCR...in the NCR sig 228 9mm with a couple of spare mags...

I carry a xds 9mm year round. I carry inside the waistband.

..........as an aside bullets glancing off windshields is not likely and deciding to shoot at moving cars in most situations is not recommended. Do your own research.

Unless you happen to be a pedestrian a la London Bridge. M&P 45c in a Crossbreed and/or 642 in Kramer pocket.

Unless you happen to be a pedestrian a la London Bridge. M&P 45c in a Crossbreed and/or 642 in Kramer pocket.

All bets are off in that situation.

Heard an account of a taxi driver considering running down one of the knifemen with his cab but the police got to him first.....

Maybe the sheep are starting to think.

All bets are off in that situation.

Heard an account of a taxi driver considering running down one of the knifemen with his cab but the police got to him first.....

Maybe the sheep are starting to think.

Who knew the only use for the ROP was making exceptions to rules?

Custom .500 S&W Magnum with 3" barrel.
Ub8W8Kfm.jpg

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/4.bp.blogspot.com\/_ea1MY0eLJUc\/TDGb3-HhcKI\/AAAAAAAABPI\/8uZHzqyepyw\/s640\/cartoon-gahanwilsonelephant.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
Gen 4 G19 in an Alien gear IWB. Tried a full size 1911 and a service length XD9 but neither quite worked for me. Ended up getting and shooting the G19 quite a bit and have settled on it.

.357 Ruger LCR loaded with .38spl +P Sig ammunition.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/c1.staticflickr.com\/5\/4232\/34322869204_4541d31731_b.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Kimber Pro Carry 2 in .45. Constant companion, only handgun I own. Looking at getting S&W 9mm ported Shields for the daughters, all four of them. As of 9/1/17, ND will be a Constitutional Carry state, so after Daddy gets them trained in, they all will have purse guns.

glock 19 with the following mods
-finger grooves removed
-full stipple
-double undercut
-frank proctor Y notch sights
-tlr-1 hl
-glock 17 smooth trigger
-LWD connector
-apex safety plunger
-4.5 striker spring

the bench

Depends a bit on mood and situation, but I have an HK P2000, HK PSP, Glock 26, Glock 43, and a Kimber Pro Carry all available to me for carry. Don't really carry the Kimber, its usually the P2000 or one of the Glocks in a Crossbreed Freedom Carry. Oh, and Talon Grips all around.

Gen 3 Glock 19 with a Gadget (striker control device), in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster. All day, every day.

Today's carry... Gen4 G19 with nib coated slide, Truglo TFX sights, a couple of ZT knives, little flashlight, and a Fuck Isis vape...

Attachments

• photo62870.jpg
    photo62870.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 33
  • photo62871.jpg
    photo62871.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 33
FEG version of a BHP with C&S hammer & wide trigger, stippled front & back by me and loaded with (15) 124gr HydraShok's. Crossbreed IWB

or

1927 Colt Gov't model, accurized by F. Bob Chow in 1952. Theft recovery 10 years ago reworked by Dave Wells. Again, with (8) 230gr HydraShok's in a Galco IWB.

Attachments

• photo62889.jpg
    photo62889.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 22
  • photo62890.jpg
    photo62890.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Reactions: Kisssofdeath