• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns What survival knife

Daniel Winkler. He makes this shit for SF, etc. and I guess they're surviving well enough. Discounts for vets/mil. It's bombproof and a lot of knife makers apparently switched to the steel he's using when he did. His tomahawks are well thought out and peerless. They ain't made for show or play and some ain't exactly made for splitting wood as much as skulls.

The sculpted G10 grips are the titties, it just feels "right":
IMG_1250.JPG

This ain't a cheap knife but I wouldn't hesitate to beat the shit out of it either. It's what it was made to do. Less frills than HFB, not as fancy, 100% a tool. Oh, and it no-shit came SHAVING sharp out of the box. Not arm hair, fucking beard hair. No kidding. First knife I ever worried about having to sharpen because not so sure I can copy that and I can get 'em as sharp as my tools allow (which is currently a fine grit diamond stone because it's fast and good 'nuff).

I wanna say his wife makes the sheaths? I could be wrong. It shouldn't be overlooked though. Knife will not fall out, even upside down and shook. Pulls right out. There's pictures of soldiers in the shit with these attached upside down and they stay put. Wish that was option twenty years ago. Sheath will literally fit ANYTHING. Molle, belt, whatever. In any orientation.

This is what my KaBar wants to be. Worth the money.

If you notice, technology and wisdom plus application drive design ultimately in knives meant to be used... You'll also notice they're converging to a similar design such as the ones above. Ie, the survival knife of 2020.

OR you can be 1980's as fuck and go to the gas station over the AL state line in GA where it dips just before going back in to TN on US72 and get a REAL survival knife for only $5... And it'll include a compass, wire saw, fishing tackle, probably even fit a condom in there.

Terava jaripukko. They're not much to look at, but they perform well above their price point.
They're the glock of knives.

The blade grind reminds me of a Mora, but this is a much better built knife for sure. I have a few Mora knives and all of my kids have them.

The blade grind reminds me of a Mora, but this is a much better built knife for sure. I have a few Mora knives and all of my kids have them.

Yeah its like a beefed up Mora. I like it over the Mora Garberg, bushcraft, or Kansbol.

Reactions: 260284
OR you can be 1980's as fuck and go to the gas station over the AL state line in GA where it dips just before going back in to TN on US72 and get a REAL survival knife for only $5... And it'll include a compass, wire saw, fishing tackle, probably even fit a condom in there.
I had flashbacks of looking at this knife in Harbor Freight, some funny shit right there.

Reactions: Davo308
I’ve ha d a puuko in my cart for weeks... I just can’t pull the trigger, A mora is $40 with plastic sheath vs $50-$70 for a puuko depending on sheath.

I was looking at a 110-120, then boom Sheepsfoot. Luckily it’s either an 80 (too small) or 200 (too large).

I’ve ha d a puuko in my cart for weeks... I just can’t pull the trigger, A mora is $40 with plastic sheath vs $50-$70 for a puuko depending on sheath.

I was looking at a 110-120, then boom Sheepsfoot. Luckily it’s either an 80 (too small) or 200 (too large).

Mora is for lightweight backpacking and camping trips.

The Jakkaripukko is a step up.

At the very least, spend the 30 bucks and get one.

Tell yourself its all you have to survive.

Then do it.

Being a knife junkie since as young as I can remember, I’ve bought and traded into piles of knives many disappointments along the way, some true jems but for the last few years all my hunting camping SHTF needs have been met sufficiently with a very old Buck 110 folder and a local made Kephart knife by NWA knives, really good guy who eats sleeps and shits steel.
a true survival knive is always always on your person those needs have been met for some time now by a Gerber Remix in the pocket and a Camillus titanium neck knife with 2.8 inch blade- around my neck. The Camillus was a real surprise as it holds a wicked edge, has a very comfortable grip and most surprising is it came with a great factory kydex sheath. After years of hard use there isn’t a stain or a ding anywhere on the blade.

Reactions: Remington_Steel
I carry a custom-made EDC shieldon knives that does everything I need it to do. I ordered it because it had great reviews in Amazon. It was actually sharp when I got it, and it feels good in the hand. I put my Buck Woodsman up for a while and am now using my rediculously cheap Pendleton. It is a surprisingly good knife for the price!

Last edited:
Your survival knife will be the one in your pocket when things go to shit. If you can't get to your BOB, vehicle, house, stash for that knife then your Fieldcraft lessons of "Do Without" is going to come in handy.

Be this man:
7807e694a2e2c05e7f2aed471265b2782c2632d7d7c73f8744209788b54cb748_1.jpg

Bang for the buck is important too.
I have the original (from the 80's) one of these....it is incredibly strong and durable.
The old advertisements said you could cut thru a car door and not damage it.
I don't know about that, but I have cut thru a car hood when the engine caught fire and melted the hood release cable....and it only lightly scratched the blade.
I'd say that qualifies as durable enough.

Recommend the SOG offerings (full size / "pup") when SOG mfg. was the real deal.

Chris Reeve's "Aviator" model with screw top handle to store tinder / matches etc.

I have a bunch of Spyderco's but these two, H-1 steel folder and fixed with "sheeps foot" blade tip profile are both durable and relatively safe from self-harm in an emergency. The sheep's foot profile has been adopted by the maritime industry as the about the only style allowed in modern merchant marine industry.

IMG_0026 copy.JPG
IMG_0038 copy.JPG
IMG_3908 copy.JPG
IMG_3909 copy 2.JPG
IMG_3912 copy.JPG
Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 6.12.35 PM copy.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 6.13.37 PM copy.png

Don’t you just mean which color?
There’s only one knife.
38C2A260-6272-49DC-A031-9CB2660DECC6.jpeg

^^^ Some of us would like to know the Bladesmith. ^^^
Top one is made by a knife maker out of Tennessee, Sparrow Knife Works on IG.

Second knife is made by Gentry Custom Knives on IG

Third is a custom Nessmuk style with Mammoth tusk scales. Made by Hammerhead Knife works also on IG.

Reactions: stemikel and Duc