• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What the Royal Fuck is going on...

Frank, you can tell from my post count, I rarely open my mouth around here.

Keep in mind the 'web' (HTML) was originally created so grads and post grads could exchange papers for peer review. I'm not saying they were any smarter than any of us, however, the masses got hold of this venue and we're left with what we call the internet or what some of the folks have devolved into the interwebs.

I've got enough snowflakes at work, you had better not become one of them. Who cares if you caused someone some butt-hurt?

Keep doing what you're doing, there are a lot of folks here that have your back.

Well I have a theory, attending more than a few gun shows here in the greater Houston area I noticed a huge change in the demographic and look in the people attending post election and post Orlando. I see a lot of skinny jean wearers, met a couple that were of the liberal persuasion and university professors getting their first guns. A 30 something black man with his 7 year old daughter, he told me direct he was afraid after he election of Trump then we discussed side arms that he was considering. I think we are seeing a group of people arming up out of fear, this is good in a few ways but also challenging for the likes of the Hide. Some of these people are just plain asswipes but a lot of them are realizing for the first time in their lives that they are their own defense. I try to be patient and do the best to welcome them in to this world and maybe just maybe we can convince them of the ways of the gun, always mention safety courses available tp them and if on teh range help tehm out. Gun sales are still very high, and it aint our side on the buying spree like we were the past 8 years.

Or it could be that Frank is a magnet for asswipes.

I quit going to gunshows because of the people I run into there. Half of them should never be permitted to even think about a gun let alone own one.

Wholly Shit!

When I did my Bench vs Prone vs Recoil Management video, guys ran to "Rex" to get confirmation ? Who the fuck is REX ? I need him to do a video backing me up as if. Guy barely served, never a Sniper, does not compete, nothing he does beyond is videos has any merit beyond YouTube. Had a good meta tagging, he included the word sniper and was nothing more than reading out of the 1994 Army Manual doing cheap voice over crap. Here I compete, train, been doing this for a while now and stil, I need Rex to verfiy my work. LOL Again, WTF

Help me out here, what am I missing that can make this clearer ?

Watch Rex mount and level a scope on his wife's rifle:

Complete episode:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wjRFRcUjf3g?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leveling ...

https://youtu.be/wjRFRcUjf3g?t=1299

Oh, yes, the man is a stud. But I still want to know what vise/clamp/rest he's using.

Last edited:

Complete episode:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wjRFRcUjf3g?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leveling ...

Oh, yes, the man is a stud. But I still want to know what vise/clamp/rest he's using.

im not sure what amazes me more......the fact that he can turn a 15 minute job into a 1 hr video......or the fact that he doesnt bother to take 30 second of that 1 hr task to check his work with a level.....and apparently torque wrenches are too much hassle as well.

What is Facebook? I seem to get along real fine without it, but that's just me. I'm either here or THLR.NO

im not sure what amazes me more......the fact that he can turn a 15 minute job into a 1 hr video......or the fact that he doesnt bother to take 30 second of that 1 hr task to check his work with a level.....and apparently torque wrenches are too much hassle as well.

I'm amazed you lasted through the entire video without falling asleep. I couldn't get past 5 minutes total, and I skipped around a lot.

I'm amazed you lasted through the entire video without falling asleep. I couldn't get past 5 minutes total, and I skipped around a lot.

That's why I threw in the link to the "leveling" itself. See, I'm considerate of the collective sanity here.

I've had a discussion with a few of the "6.5CM is a fad round" types very recently. It's really awesome to get that information from them up front simply so you don't waste your fucking time talking any further with them.

Regarding Facebook: nope. I belong to our local PR club's group and one other one. Our local one is good, lots of knowledgeable folks and differing backgrounds. Many of us know one another, personally, which obviously helps. It's hard to bullshit folks in an environment such as that, but I can imagine some of these groups are probably littered with shit particulates. Just from reading various firearms blogs over the years and knowing how FB is, I know there is just tons of absolute shit on many of those pages.

I've been trying to do my due diligence but I've only been able to make it through about 40 seconds of one of Rex's videos. I can officially state that anyone who references anything that that fucktard puts in a video as anything other than garbage has already told you all you need to know about themselves.

giphy.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l6FDCh2d8V0?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So I shoot a 6.5 not a creed but a swede. Before that i shot a 6.5x284.

I haven't been in any of these 6.5CM debates myself. But is it at all possible that the people who are calling it a "FAD" mean it more as a flavor of the month sort of thing vs it being a hoax or a joke cartridge.
I mean I don't know 7 or 8 years ago I remember everyone going 7mm. The 284 had come back I was looking at a 280ai. The 7-08 was gaining respect.

And recently 6mm seems to be the new 6.5. The 6CM 6x47L. The 243 is kinda come back around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's "Holy Shit".
The only thing a Remington is good for is to get another Savage.
And Rex is a badass.

1301d6855f9ad1a88c08c4f2914a910c.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, what is with the hard-on for Rex. I don't think the problem is Rex. Rex may be weird but so is all us. Sounds like people with day po' man's rifle with too much time on their hands be disrespectful. Which reminds me, I shot 100 rounds with a Savage the other day and the bolt slowly came apart.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with the internet is that it gives everyone the chance to attain some semblance of their "15 minutes of fame".

That and the total dumbing down of society is a volatile combination.

Until this thread I never knew who Rex was but after having seen some videos it confirms a general rule of mine - "Never trust anyone with "Bullseye" groomed facial hair".....er present company excluded of course.

I find his videos boring, and he seems in love with his own voice. He won't shut up, just rambles on and on about nonsense. He shows the same video footage over and over in every video as well, which makes them even more boring. I've watched almost every one of his videos, or attempted to. Haven't gotten through one without falling asleep. And I stopped watching them years ago, before his bout with cancer.

Yes, but does Rex post on any Internet forums like this one? I don't know. The Bear Pit has become The Hen House. Surprise! People on the Internet think you are wrong! Come on. And it didn't take me but one video to determine that Rex is boring and to stay away. So, Rex is boring and I completely missed his bout with cancer as a result. Also, I need to remember to throw an allen wrench in my bag just for Savage bolts. Probably explains the 1000 round a year limit for some these saps. They don't have that allen wrench with them at the range and can't figure it out or use the excuse to save on reloading costs. But back to the original. The idiot didn't know he was responding to lowlight and the quality of shooting discussions have deteriorated on the Internet because everybody has a computer and a rifle now. Only takes a little practice to shoot a few groups at 100 yards and get good results. That is the bar now for expertise.

Complete episode:

Leveling ...

Sight vice, I have one I'll post who makes it.

Yeah acronyms are a bitch....6.5cm I wish I had a 650mm gun! Maybe I could shoot it once a year if I saved up!

The problem with the internet is that it gives everyone the chance to attain some semblance of their "15 minutes of fame".

That and the total dumbing down of society is a volatile combination.

Until this thread I never knew who Rex was but after having seen some videos it confirms a general rule of mine - "Never trust anyone with "Bullseye" groomed facial hair".....er present company excluded of course.

I am reminded of FabioCrow07770 ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qUkjyn-yu7c?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leaving? Okey-dokies!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fj268JLn6G0?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Six years later? We got zebra shit!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F9Lx0r_dHsA?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
You can't go to bed. Somebody on the Internet is wrong but you are getting sleepy...sleepier, and sleepier...now they have you under and all you can do is drool and stare at the screen.

Sorry, but anyone who can fill out a profile can join this forum.

And now of all sudden it is an issue when it is overrun with retards who know absolutely nothing and are spouting BS all over the place. Not to mention moving this forum to a host that is known for "sports", which only increased the number of retards who know absolutely nothing participating.

You reap what you sow!

If you want serious and beneficial conversations on this forum:
- require a vetting process before you grant someone the privilege of posting.
- have a qualified pier review system, and if people start posting retarded $#!@, then ban their @$$, end of story.

PROBLEM SOLVED! Yes it is that easy!

Of course that would cut the membership numbers by about 90%, which would suck when it comes to sponsors and income. Do you want quality, or do you want quantity? (yes I know the answer).

Very sad, because the people who actually know $#!@ refuse to participate on forums like these, because they have to spend the majority of their time trying to wade through and deal with completely useless BS.

Hate to say it, but cry me a river! The solution to the problem is obvious, having the fortitude to implement the solution is a different story!

Sorry, I am honestly not trying to hate, but just trying to keep it real.

*EDIT
For the record, not that it really matters:
Army Sniper Assoc Life Member #368
American Sniper Assoc Member #03284
NRA Master or High Master (depending on discipline)
And no, they don't just give those out to anyone.

Last edited:
a lot of you dickheads need to go to the bathroom and just shoot yourselves in the head, there is some real stupid shit written here...

Sorry, but anyone who can fill out a profile can join this site.

And now of all sudden it is an issue when it is overrun with retards who know absolutely nothing and are spouting BS all over the place. Not to mention moving this forum to a host that is known for "sports", which only increased the number of retards who know absolutely nothing participating.

You reap what you sow!

- have a qualified pier review system, and if people start posting retarded $#!@, then ban their @$$, end of story.

Of course that would cut your membership numbers by about 90%, which would suck when it comes to sponsors and income. Do you want quality, or do you want quantity? (yes I know the answer).

Very sad, because the people who actually know $#!@ refuse to participate on forums like these, because they have to spend the majority of their time trying to wade through and deal with completely useless BS.

Hate to say it, but cry me a river! The solution to the problem is obvious, having the fortitude to implement the solution is a different story!

*EDIT

Low Light wasn't slamming this place, but the outside world. Facebook and such. This place tends to police its self. The Magnus Boners don't last to long around here. But on Facebook people can jump in post shit and jump out all snipery/nija like and don't have to face the wrath of us telling them what a fuck-wit they are. In fact it is quite the opposite. Here is an example.

FYI i don't have Facebook, but most I know do.

I have a friend who has a used car dealership. 3 weeks ago a man and a woman show up to drive a truck. Per his insurance rules he photo copies their drivers licenses before they go for a test drive. the woman stays while the guy leaves. With others coming and going the woman sneaks out the back and drives off in the car they drove to the dealership. Truck never comes back.
So 2 days later, my friend posts to his Facebook page "help me get my truck back" he posts a picture of the truck, pictures of the man and woman and there names.
As soon as he posts, either because of the pictures, names or both the thieves are notified they have been talked about in a post. They check it out and post back, shit about "they have the wrong people" "the truck is being checked out by a mechanic" all kinds of shit to deflect the situation from them. Mean while when they post, Facebook lets all their friends know that they made a post on his Facebook page, they check it out. At that point they attack my friend for slander and say what good people they are. Facebook then tell those friends, friends and so on. After 2 hours he had almost 500 people posting and attacking him.

Mind you that the Man just got out of prison 2 months ago for armed robbery. He has spent 10 of the last 15 in prison and the woman's rap sheet is only slightly cleaner.

Complete episode:

Leveling ...

An over complication of a simple process.
If he was as thorough with reading the instructions that came with the scope he would have found a spec for torquing those rings.
Bubba tight doesn't cut it.
WTF do I know, I don't have a youtube channel.

R

a lot of you dickheads need to go to the bathroom and just shoot yourselves in the head, there is some real stupid shit written here...

Hey man, when have a chance PM me your address......ive got some vag wash i can send you.

I really don't see why everyone here is jumping on Rex's balls.

It's not his fault that someone asked for his opinion on one of Frank's videos. Was he supposed to refuse? It was a while since I saw that one, but I don't remember him claiming he knew better than LL. I might be mis-remembering, but I thought he had answered a question asked him and I don't remember him being anything but respectful towards Frank. (Again, maybe I need to go back and re-watch it. Maybe I missed something.)

LL is your beef with Rex or are you annoyed someone else thought they had to go get a second opinion on something you posted instead of accepting it as gospel? Is that really Rex's fault? Does it really hurt anything? His video commenting on your video had link to it, he recommended going and viewing it if you hadn't and probably drove lots more traffic to you. I don't see that cross-pollination as anything but a benefit to content providers. How does that make him a dick? (You didn't call him a dick, but many of you minions here seem to be starting up a Fuck Rex bandwagon.)

I'm a newbie and I definitely get the impression sometimes that newbies here aren't supposed to have any opinions of their own, but I found his series of videos very interesting. I accidentally ran across his video series about a year ago purely by chance, but after going through 90+ videos I became fascinated with the idea of long range shooting. It is what convinced me to plop down the cash for my first centerfire rifle (RPR baby! All 6.5 CentiMeters of it!!!)

Actually, you have a $100 of my money in your pocket because his video series encouraged me to seek out more information to expand my knowledge and I eventually found your site and signed up for the online training.

Are his videos perfect? Doubt it. Does he have opinions on products that others don't share? Probably. Opinions are like assholes. Does he know as much as LL? Not likely. Are there any factual errors in any of his videos? Everyone is human. However I get the impression that if he had an error and you brought it to his attention in an adult manner he would probably thank you. He didn't strike me as a guy who has an attitude problem.

If someone is a prick to you, by all means light them up. I think people should treat you with the level courtesy you show them. I think they should be appreciative of the time and effort you have put to package and share your knowledge with others. I think some of the people around here should probably show Rex the same courtesy.

Oh, and yes, there are a lot of stupid people on the Internet. Sorry to be the one to break it to you. :cool:

I have no beef with the guy,

it's the idiots that think he deserved to weigh in what i do, as noted there are a lot of issues in that series, but it's not my job to pick it apart. I just don't really see the comparison product to product from an objective standpoint.

Sorry, but anyone who can fill out a profile can join this forum.

You reap what you sow!

Of course that would cut the membership numbers by about 90%, which would suck when it comes to sponsors and income. Do you want quality, or do you want quantity? (yes I know the answer).

*EDIT

You missed the entire point try again...

This was not even an issue on Scout as bad as it is everywhere else. Shooting is a sport is it not ? Why not to open it up to mainstream sports. What do you think 3GUN Nation does, they are on NBC Sports.

Here is not the problem.

Several years ago I bought one of Boris Korteck's torque systems and I have used it ever since for mounting scope's and such like. It works really well but before I had that I've mounted plenty just by feel and never had a problem, I'm sure I could do it again if I had to. I'm not sure I understand the hit on Rex here, so he showed you how you could mount a scope with out your torque wrench. He did not say you had to do it that way. If you want to use a torque wrench then use it.

The issue is, most of his knowledge is pretty old school, and we have progressed a long way from his starting point. I have no issue with the guy if he wants to use the same lame video footage and do voice over work reading the details out of an old Army Manual, good on him. But he is doing a disservice to precision rifle shooters in a lot of ways, and his fans are not better for it. They then go out on the Internet and try to deliver his knowledge, which is my issue.

I honestly get a lot of "Rex Fans" who come over and then attempt to correct me because that is not how he did it. If you tell them it's because we are not living in 1978 they get offended.

Personally, like it was posted above, I cannot get through his videos. Too long, too boring, forget the content where he makes real mistakes because the information has been proven wrong. That part is just icing. I really can't see the comparison. The Promotion of IOR bugs me, but that is because he was the Anti-Frank and they (IOR) found a home with him. But that is more of an IOR Issue than Rex issue.

I get he seems nice enough, had that cancer thing, but if we were in the AR world and he was out there talking up as a trainer he would have been run off. The Tactical / Carbine crowd would not have put up with it as the precision rifle world has done. I get my creds questioned all the time, I cannot see how he has dodged that. Hell, go to the original Gladius at 1000 yards video and guys started off timing the shot to see if it was really 1000 yards away. I get questioned a ton of my data and it's all proven, modern and verified shit.

It's not you, it's just the nature of social media. Before for some dip shit to open his cock holster to someone with some actual experience, they would have to actually be doing said task or call them. People with little interest in LR shooting only read about it in books or saw it on TV. Now the dumb fuck who plays call of duty and would have never had any interaction with people who took it seriously can run pop up and intermingle in the discussions of those who do. They are like the 5 year old who wants get in the adult conversation, but have no experience to do so.

You are a content creator, arguing with the internet should be the last thing you are doing. You content will do that by itself. There are people on the net that argue to Neil DeGrass Tyson and Michio Kaku that the earth is flat. Do you think those two are spending time worrying about what these fuck heads? Hell no, they just keep educating the reasonable people who don't have a genetic disposition to be morons.

The Rex dude has a following because he was putting out decent content in an area(YT) where there was -any. Most of it was being viewed by people with little to no knowledge. So as those people became interested and ran into your content, they want to refer back to the other guy, because that is what they know. They don't know you. Don't take that as a hit, because everyone in the industry/shooters knows who you are. Joe blow with his tomatoe stick in bumb fuck suburbia doesnt. Let your content do the talking, and ignore the net. It's the best way to be.

I just wish he'd show his Wife's rig a little more respect. And I apologize to our Brothers to the North ahead of time for this, is it just me or does he sound a tad Cunucky? :cool:

I just wish he'd show his Wife's rig a little more respect. And I apologize to our Brothers to the North ahead of time for this, is it just me or does he sound a tad Cunucky? :cool:

I actually think he might be in the UK (lots of Bisley, etc. in his video outro), and yes, he does sound pretty N.O.T.B.

Is that Gary Coleman's hand?

Kinda creepy ain't it Mike? I don't think it's Popcorn Jesus' hand, so it very well may be. ;)

Veer, you may very well be right. Didn't consider across the pond.

LL, I think you can take this guy. :rolleyes:

On a serious note, as stated many times already, I'm pretty certain you're proven to be the real deal. Above being questioned? Nah. Nobody is, but obviously if someone's gonna even think of calling you out on your craft, well, that just shows who we're dealing with and it's a non-issue in my book. Actually kinda funny. Nothing to get worked up about here. I'd just shake my head and move along with my day. I get your frustration tho. Cary on.

These tards are kinda like a dirty throw rug.

If you don't take it out and beat it, the dirt gets tracked all through the house.

Frank likes a clean house and gets stressed if the cleaning lady doesn't do her job

Several years ago I bought one of Boris Korteck's torque systems and I have used it ever since for mounting scope's and such like. It works really well but before I had that I've mounted plenty just by feel and never had a problem, I'm sure I could do it again if I had to. I'm not sure I understand the hit on Rex here, so he showed you how you could mount a scope with out your torque wrench. He did not say you had to do it that way. If you want to use a torque wrench then use it.

Not really trying to give Rex a hit. I doubt he'd ever see this post so this would defeat the purpose.
The easiest way to lose your warranty is to crank a ring crimp in the tube.
I see it this way.
He has a 1k chassis.
He probably has north of 1k in the barreled action.
He has a fair amount in the scope and rings.
A 50 dollar torque wrench is missing.

R

Not really trying to give Rex a hit. I doubt he'd ever see this post so this would defeat the purpose.
The easiest way to lose your warranty is to crank a ring crimp in the tube.
I see it this way.
He has a 1k chassis.
He probably has north of 1k in the barreled action.
He has a fair amount in the scope and rings.
A 50 dollar torque wrench is missing.

R

That's exactly my point Rthur. This make absolutely no sense whatsoever, NONE. It's all good stuff (equipment) and it's not cheap by any means. Because it's his Wife's rig this half assed way of putting it together is "good enough"? My ass. I don't care who's it is, do it right for Christ's sake. If you know better and decide to take a short cut and post it as a good way of getting it done, well, you just lost all credibility in my book. But then what do I know...............

Everyone is an expert on the internet now. It's easy to find data on, easy to do the typical millennial 20 second google search and be flooded with info (good and bad) and now the equipment is readily available.

Give it time, the original SH sorted it out and you were ridiculed into never logging back in again.

The problem is the whole PRS/'sniper rifle'/distance shooting thing is easy to get into now as well as having evolved equipment/rifle/caliber wise exponentially over a very short time. This is great overall but allows people who's resume consists mainly of 'I shot my friends 22 a few times at a can' to all of a sudden have a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5CM, toss a halfway decent scope on it and think they're an expert after 50 rounds of hitting a 10MOA target at 500 yards. OMG 500 YARDS!!! That's like..half a mile or something!1!11!!

These range from horrible (we ve seen a few posting here, and if you want a real laugh go look at the AR15 precision threads) to people who just learned the wrong/outdated/myth shit. One of the main things I see now are people who could not fucking hit a 100 yard target if they didn't have a laser range finder, a ballistics app, a kestrel, a laptop, a led sled and 16 things attached to their rails. They are solely dependent on electronics and mainly their ballistics app.

Range card? The hell is that?
My iPhone told me to hold 3.6mils but yesterday it was only 3.2mils - this program sucks!
Density altitude? I'm shooting at the same place I shot 2 days ago so I'm at the same altitude you dumbass!
Oh that tree moved slightly, that means the wind must be going 7mph.
Why is my 65x scope always so blurry??
My kestrel always gives me my wind call to the target.
My battery for my LRF died, now I can't shoot today because I don't have any spare batteries.

I swear to God. Most newer shooters are tied to their electronics to a point that they are fucking retarded without them; and it shows up within the first 30 seconds of talking about any kind of shooting with them.

The hilarity ensues when they have to shoot in anything but 75 degree weather, at a KD target with no wind on a square range with no angle while taking 25 minutes to set their shit up. The amount of 'snipers' out there is hilarious right now; and trust me, it annoys the shit out of the real ones but has a special place in my heart because I know what the outcome always is.

By the way, where is this 6.5 centimeter round? Hook me up with that shit.

Last edited: