• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing What triggers will fit in an AICS stock

radmcg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2008
Mobile, AL
My 700 with jewell trigger will not fit in my AICS stock, What triggers will fit without modification? I have a mark X and old style remington on another rifle I could switch. Will they work? Will a rifle basix fit without modification?
AHA
Rad

Re: What triggers will fit in an AICS stock

The old Remmy will fit for sure, the X-mark might, I dont know about the RB.

i am running two Jewel triggers in AICS stocks just by cutting excess length from the trigger cross-pins. the pins are made with very thick heads and more length than needed past the "C" clip slot.

thanks. Does anyone know about the rifle basix?

How did you trim them with a file? just doesnt seem to be that much extra but i had rather file a 200$ trigger than a 800 stock.

If you want to rock the Chassis right get the Huber Concept 2 Stage trigger, it's friggin awesome... will have a report shortly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: radmcg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How did you trim them with a file? just doesnt seem to be that much extra but i had rather file a 200$ trigger than a 800 stock. </div></div>

yes, i filed them. there is one pin that goes completely through the trigger assy that needs the head thinned and the other end shortned-just leave what you think needs to be there to hold the the "C" clip.

then there are two rivet heads on the safety gizmo that needs thinned. again, leave enough to hold stuff together. if you pull the skins, put the barreled action into the chassis and look from the bottom, you can see the pin/rivets that cause the grief.

then clean the trigger out completely (i used brake cleaner/compressed air, most people reccomend lighter fluid/canned air)

this worked for both of my AICSs, a long action and a short action.

if you need, i can post a pic, but i'm going to Moab shortly and won't be back till next Tues, if you can wait till then.

Thanks. I'll pull the skins and have a look. If I need pixs I will let you know when you get back.
Rad

A gunsmith out to be able to fix this for you in a snap, or someone with a mill, theres a picture running around here with what it looks like.

I just got done instaling a shilen trigger in my AICS stock on a rem 700. No problems!! Lee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want to rock the Chassis right get the Huber Concept 2 Stage trigger, it's friggin awesome... will have a report shortly. </div></div>

Any mod needed at all to the Chassis?
What's difference between the subdued? and the stainless?
Is the stainless worth the extra $

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: radmcg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks. Does anyone know about the rifle basix? </div></div>

I put a Rifle Basix in my AICS with no problem.

Scott

So I take it you liked the one he sent you? They are a great trigger.

How have you purchased the huber? I have tried the website for 2 days and have not gotten on. Where do you buy them?
Thanks for all the help.
Rad

isn there a group buy for those going on right now?