• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's your coolest gun ?

Winchester 1894 saddle ring carbine, serial number puts its date of manufacture in 1897. Dad bought it in the 60’s in a pawn shop in downtown Denver. Saddle ring is broken off, mag tube was somehow damaged and cutdown, and the stock has an unsightly repair to the underside. She is ugly for sure but priceless to my eyes. I look at it and see “the red violin”, if only it could talk.
BA4BA188-DCAB-481B-86D8-C79137BCA2CD.jpeg
246D7FBE-95B0-4A45-9900-432C5A0EA374.jpeg
9DE6726F-DA84-4B5F-A9A5-E7FD5FAC50D2.jpeg
797173A4-01A4-48B6-AB92-0BD2C008D098.jpeg
60BD0035-AB05-441E-B3D4-C59B55F595F3.jpeg

1638326479187.jpeg

i dont know what has gotten into me in the last year and a half, but i lost all interest in repeating firearms and gradually sold off my stuff. due to the latest bullshit in the supply lines with bullets, primers and powder……i am not feeling the pain as i get a lot of enjoyment out of this. i am on the prowl for a custom flintlock that really lights my fire….but for now, this makes me smile.

Ruger 77/22 "paddle" synthetic. My dad bought it for me 25 years ago when I was 15. He passed this year but can't wait to pass on to my 2 year old son

Reactions: camocorvette
Winchester 1894 saddle ring carbine, serial number puts its date of manufacture in 1897. Dad bought it in the 60’s in a pawn shop in downtown Denver. Saddle ring is broken off, mag tube was somehow damaged and cutdown, and the stock has an unsightly repair to the underside. She is ugly for sure but priceless to my eyes. I look at it and see “the red violin”, if only it could talk.
View attachment 7751180View attachment 7751184View attachment 7751186View attachment 7751187View attachment 7751188
Is 30 WCF the same as 30-30

Coolest? Has to me my Cabot…

i-w27jxt4.jpg

But the one that makes me smile the most is also the most impractical one I own. I built this AR up over the last year as an exercise to see how light I could go without a tax stamp, and a LOP that works for me; i.e. rifle-length butt stock and a 15” hand guard:

i-6wpXRhD-4K.jpg

3#, 2.2 ounces … and yes, it actually shoots! Quite well, actually!

i-DH6Fc27-4K.jpg

Write up over on Zombie Squad (the new UFOZS forum), under ‘Aereus Lev’

That sir, is beautiful!!!!! Always fancied one; but they shot through the roof about the time I got interested. Never sure of gettting a 32 or a 380. Since the 32 is the OG, I'd likely go that way. Interesting you carry it at times. Who made that holster? Or is this old school vest pocket?
https://rockyriverleather.com/content/index.php - This guy made the holster.

1923CPHAppendix.jpg

I also have a chest holster made by a Alien Gear and was *really* surprised they offered a shell that fits the 1903. I have had a bunch of these at one time and was finding suitable guns that were rusting away in some Grandpa's sock drawer, bought them, and was tricking them with hard chrome and new springs and trigger and action jobs. I initially started this project to buy them and resell but found out I would need a FFL to do that legally (plus Colt started making new Pocket Hammerless pistols) so I just gave the pistols to Niece's and Nephews as CCL guns. Everyone who shoots this gun falls in love with it. Total class...my passion for the Colt 1903 Model M "Pocket Hammerless" started with a gun I inherited from my FIL built in 1918 and carried around the Farm by 3 generations of my Wife's Kin. We put 100 rounds thru it on it's 100th Birthday!

VooDoo

I doubt any of my junk makes the cool list for this group. But, this is my cheapest gun, and the one I value the most. It was my first rifle as a boy, about 35 years ago. Only made from 1957-1962 if memory serves. It's a Winchester model 55 single shot semi-automatic .22, and will shoot short, long, and long rifle. Yes, you heard that right, a single shot semi-auto. Very obscure, rare, and mostly worthless to most.

1jZfk4S.jpg

STtR0iB.jpg

7rK7mdD.jpg

Well since I took FJBs advice, all i have now is a cool single shot 410 shotgun. I hope the bad guy can hear me snapping it shut when i take it out of the safe and go get the shotgun rounds from downstairs(gotta keel them separate you know).

But that's all you truly need in this world.

Doc

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣