• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Whatcha doing?
Wifey wanted her Tacoma to sit level so I added some 2 inch leveling pucks. I personally can’t tell a difference, but she’s happy so I win.
9511BC65-DF25-45A3-81FD-34FACAB91B1D.jpeg

Finally got the brakes sorted out. A master cylinder from a late model chevrolet with a manual proportion valve. New lines to all corners and the conversion to disc up front.
PXL_20210501_144717749.jpg

Tomorrow it's off to the welding shop to get a transmission crossmember fabricated. The new aluminum radiator is on the way so it won't be long before the new engine and transmission go in. Measurements on the new transmission compared to the old one leaves me a couple inches short for the driveshaft. So that's going to need attention.

Stepped outside for some fresh air, looked into the sky and watched a steady string of lights blaze across the sky. Guessing it was the new starlink, or whatever they call it. Sorry for the crappy photo but my cell cam was all I had.
A7CC53E7-92EE-4FFB-ADC6-CA8F9A3E80B8.jpeg

Maybe it was the China rocket?
That was my first thought but i did some digging and this is characteristic of his starlink so I’m sure that’s what it was. Apparently he has been playing with the amount of light they satellites reflect lately cause it has been messing with astronomers. There have been three or four sightings in the last few months.

Hell, I thought it was aliens

Reactions: powdahound76
Damn creepy to see that’s for sure. I had to look twice and wonder if I had my laser blaster on my hip in case shit got real

So, Gus is sweet and looks like momma and Hank is well, like his dad? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

They are adorable.
tad jealous. Would love another 1 or 2.
They wear your ass out, but the joy is greater than the exhaustion!!

Reactions: Buckley
Finally, after a dry winter and a dry, dry spring, we received some rain.
20210520_061415.jpg

8/10ths is just enough to settle the dust and get some germination going, Farmers have been seeding into dry dirt. Pastures and lawns will green up, trees really start bidding. Showers were not statewide, our county got lucky.

If the wind will stay down and there's another shot of rain in a few days, we might have a chance.

State track meet. Our Governor (Republican) raised hell because Drake University wanted to limit the crowd to 2 per participant. Her letter along with an overwhelming outcry from the public got that lifted the day prior. It sold out within 24 hours. Not a mask in sight by Thursday morning.
A5AFE632-FF1D-4EBA-BD3A-3C0F9383ACC2.jpeg