• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Another good morning at the range.
20191105_100206.jpg

Jimmy

Whatcha lookin for in those woods and logging cuts?

Im running late deer here, long season Dec 1 - Jan 31.

Waiting on a response about hunting some private land. Difficult to reach, tough steep country, a metric crap ton of nice and healthy deer.
Fingers crossed

Jimmy

Waiting on a response about hunting some private land. Difficult to reach, tough steep country, a metric crap ton of nice and healthy deer.
Fingers crossed
Rifle elk season up here. Weather has been way to good for it. Need a couple good shitty weather days to keep the elk up and moving. Warm blue bird sky’s they just like to bed down in the bottom of shitholes and come out to feed at night.

I hear you on being to nice! Don't have my son this weekend. Was planning on hunting all weekend KS rut... 70 Saturday 60 Sunday oh and just in time for work 30 Monday.

Reactions: TACC and Barneybdb
Jimmy

Fingers crossed

Yep, like Moose sed, we're "trying" to chase Elk, but I gotta tell ya, I don't remember a recent year when the weather was so damn nice. It's cold at night and in the morning's, but way to clear at night. The bastards, for the most part, are back in the timber before daylight and not coming back out before dark. Where and what I'm hunting specifically we're not willing, yet, to go hard at them into their bedding area and chance blowing them outta the area.

I'll say it, and not be ashamed. I'm looking for "Bone" at this point in life. I've always been pretty much "get the meat". But I don't have many hard hunts left in me, I know this. This year is already an embarrassing struggle. I know where there are a few dandy Bulls running around, but I can't go hard at them like I use to. I know this every time I hump the hills. This afib deal is a motherfucker. lol I do 4 or 5 miles behind the gate and am thankful. Embarrassing. Couple years ago we'd still go that far in the dark just to get to the place to start, all up hill. We'd do 10 to 15 hard miles a day and party like rock stars when we got out. Not that guy anymore. ?

Yep, like Moose sed, we're "trying" to chase Elk, but I gotta tell ya, I don't remember a recent year when the weather was so damn nice. It's cold at night and in the morning's, but way to clear at night. The bastards, for the most part, are back in the timber before daylight and not coming back out before dark. Where and what I'm hunting specifically we're not willing, yet, to go hard at them into their bedding area and chance blowing them outta the area.

I'll say it, and not be ashamed. I'm looking for "Bone" at this point in life. I've always been pretty much "get the meat". But I don't have many hard hunts left in me, I know this. This year is already an embarrassing struggle. I know where there are a few dandy Bulls running around, but I can't go hard at them like I use to. I know this every time I hump the hills. This afib deal is a motherfucker. lol I do 4 or 5 miles behind the gate and am thankful. Embarrassing. Couple years ago we'd still go that far in the dark just to get to the place to start, all up hill. We'd do 10 to 15 hard miles a day and party like rock stars when we got out. Not that guy anymore. ?
Keeping the old level of hump is a struggle on the mountain.
I train for at least 6 months and have been lucky on the other set backs.
The hunt itself is the adventure, all else the icing.

R

@1J04

As said already and famously by my grandma: “gettin old aint for pussies”.

The afib thing is a bear. Lots of things can trigger it to go too fast (RVR) even with good meds and control most of the time. And the fast makes the symptoms much worse
30% reduction in cardiac output with afib.
So give yourself a break. Out humping country for that many miles is darn impressive. And better for your heart than the frickin La Z Boy.

Im in my 30s, train hard, live at elevation, and it still kicks my butt a bit.

Hopefully the weather changes for a number of guys.

Also @1J04 - your a good age to look into cryo ablation.
They will probably bust your balls about nicotine cessation (as they should!) and it is a pretty successful procedure.
All the risks associated with afib besides the decrease in cardiac output are pretty high.

Best to ya Tucker.
One of my good friends and member here got his last year between sips of coffee off his deck....

Headed out in a few to go help my brother install some new lights, as well as a few other things at his place.

As some may remember he took a fall 3 months ago, shattered his calcaneus (heel bone), and is just now starting to put a few pounds of weight on it while walking with crutches.

Be good to see him and good to give him a hand. He sure has helped me several times over the years.
Plus even my ugly mug as a visitor is good for a guy who hasnt been out much in the past 3 months!