• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Great day up behind the house yesterday with my youngest and a newly scoped 5.56 and .308. After confirming zeros on paper told'm out to 250 and 550 in some gusting ass wind.
Don't mind the hand forward thingy. We're working on that and he just wants to ring the bell. ?

20200321_174552.jpg
20200321_162532.jpg
20200321_174606.jpg
20200321_145659.jpg

I need to find an individual willing to do some education for an intellectually challenged person. And I mean from step one, every detail.

E
Download TRASOL. It has a free trial version and literally anyone can work it. Very user friendly. Once you get a feel for it, you can see if you find it lacking or want to buy something.

I need to find an individual willing to do some education for an intellectually challenged person. And I mean from step one, every detail.

E
Not saying you don’t already, but understanding how your optics work, and how your bullet flies is the beginning. If I had learned to shoot using a ballistic app, I believe I would have lost interest already. I use one now on occasion but still have hard written data in a book to go back in reference. I guess I was fortunate to cut my teeth in long range at Ft. Benning many moons ago shooting All Army Small Arms stuff. The 1K yardline was pretty intimidating.

E
A lot of good information in “Ballistic Calculator Discussion” in the Advanced Marksmanship section above. Download a calc, take your time and mess with it. If you get in a pickle or you’re not understanding something, don’t hesitate to shoot me a PM and I’ll do my best to help.

A lot of good information in “Ballistic Calculator Discussion” in the Advanced Marksmanship section above. Download a calc, take your time and mess with it. If you get in a pickle or you’re not understanding something, don’t hesitate to shoot me a PM and I’ll do my best to help.

Thank you, Sir.

I will need a notebook. I don't really want to rely on this phone.

E

First day on a new job..

20200323_082140.jpg

8 windows in.
20200323_153756.jpg

Had the help of a young man just getting started in the trade. We then had to rip out the funky door framing the guy who started the job left. Also had to cut into deck to make a proper sill for the patio door, tomorrow's job.

High was 38, sun was out. A good first day.

First day on a new job..

View attachment 7279978

8 windows in. View attachment 7279984

Had the help of a young man just getting started in the trade. We then had to rip out the funky door framing the guy who started the job left. Also had to cut into deck to make a proper sill for the patio door, tomorrow's job.

They going to get a new paint job on the house too?

Took Jamie and the boys out shooting today. Didn’t get video of anything but Cash. Little guy was on fire today!! He hasn’t shot past 200 until today. Hit the coldbore and all 5 at 488. Went 9 for 10 at 565 and 7 for 9 at 705

They going to get a new paint job on the house too?

That's what Mr Owner said today. Cedar siding, poorly applied latex over a shitty primer, if any. There's going to be lots of grinding to get bare wood for a oil primer.

Two stories, grind, grind, grind, need a lift, lots of hidden issues....$15-20,000.

He didn't ask me so I didn't have to say no.

First day on a new job..

View attachment 7279978

8 windows in. View attachment 7279984

Kinda looks like a Sears & Roebuck house. You could order them out of the catalog. Arrived in 3 separate shipments.

Ballistic was the first app I used that took me to 1000 and it’s a good one. Like the range finding function almost as much as the HUD?
Honestly I don’t know how it stacks up against some of the newer calcs, but it has Litz’s library and I’m used to running it, so it works for me. I probably use 20% of what it is capable of.

Looks like great coyote calling country!

Squirrels and fast .22 cals are one of my favorite forms of recreation. ;) Just to support a local company during these trying times (Nosler,) I purchased a few boxes of 62g Varmageddon bullets for my 7.7T Krieger barreled AR. I've heard they may be the most graphic varmint bullet on the market. We'll see.
Load'm up and move'm out!

i-mb2sfww-L.jpg

Today’s view. Guess I will take this thing apart and move it away from the front of the house
CB888F0A-B384-41EB-9B21-6503372683F5.jpeg

Last edited:
Kinda looks like a Sears & Roebuck house. You could order them out of the catalog. Arrived in 3 separate shipments.

And you are correct, either Sears or Monty Wards. 1916.

20200324_134646.jpg

Owners did some research and found the original advertising photo on the web. Interior is lots of dark oak and some stained glass. Pretty cool.

Patio door made it..
20200324_112803.jpg

Owners rounded up some neighbors, fell right in plumb and level. Flooring is soaking wet from snow so running a 60,000 BTU heater drying things out. Plan on starting interior finish tomorrow. Interesting job, sure beats working for a living.

And you are correct, either Sears or Monty Wards. 1916.

View attachment 7280586
Owners did some research and found the original advertising photo on the web. Interior is lots of dark oak and some stained glass. Pretty cool.

Patio door made it..
View attachment 7280589
Owners rounded up some neighbors, fell right in plumb and level. Flooring is soaking wet from snow so running a 60,000 BTU heater drying things out. Plan on starting interior finish tomorrow. Interesting job, sure beats working for a living.
I owned/lived in one (Sears) for several years. They were well built with quality materials. Oddly enough, it burned into the basement about a month ago. Too bad.

Your work looks nice! Hope it’s warming up a bit up there.

Reactions: TACC and Barneybdb
I owned/lived in one (Sears) for several years. They were well built with quality materials. Oddly enough, it burned into the basement about a month ago. Too bad.

Your work looks nice! Hope it’s warming up a bit up there.

Thank you, I'll post photos as work continues. The house does appear to be very solid. It was moved to it's current location about 15 years ago. The lathe and plaster walls were pristine when the movers picked it up. However, they did not survive the trip. When the house landed, the walls were cracked beyond repair. It took 4 men 10 days to demo and strip the walls. That's lots of 5 gallon bucketfuls.

High today was 43, forecast for 50's this weekend. Water running everywhere.

Honestly I don’t know how it stacks up against some of the newer calcs, but it has Litz’s library and I’m used to running it, so it works for me. I probably use 20% of what it is capable of.

I probably don’t even use that much but eneough to know that it’s a solid app that someone who knows very little can use if they’ll read and be patient with themselves. I also use the Hornady app as well as Strelock Pro and have probably used Hornady the most as most of the bullets I use are Hornady. picked up Strelock when Hornady was going through their little glitch issue. For simplicity of use and function, Hornady probably wins while the other two are more capable.

Reactions: TACC and tnichols