• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

I was visiting some of the family this weekend and this disrespectful little guy walked right by me. Probably the closest I'll get to one this season.....

20211124_115019.jpg

saw no urchins or Lobsters.....but we did see plenty of starfish
View attachment 7754400
View attachment 7754401

some anemones
View attachment 7754404

and some nudibranch
View attachment 7754408

there was a seal splashing around in the morning, but he took off before we got into the water.
View attachment 7754406

i didnt, but now that i know its there, ill definitely be sure to stop in next time im up that way (y)

Looks like a gray seal...I thought they only had the smaller variety...Harbor seals - the cute guys.

Woman was killed by a Great White up that way last year or so.......If the Grays are heading up that way the Whites will surely follow....

Fantastic photography Thank you for posting!

Most likely here to stay..
View attachment 7754108
Not to much yet, although tomorrow am there will be more. There's a skim of ice underneath the snow, walk and drive gently.
I spent a couple of winters in Grand Forks (UND). As I remember, most of the snow that fell didn’t stay around too long, it ended up in South Dakota or Illinois or Minnesota or God knows where… the wind was always blowing pretty darn hard. Neg. 75 once - with wind chill factored in. You NoDak peeps are pretty hardy folk. Maybe it’s all the Lutefisk?

I spent a couple of winters in Grand Forks (UND). As I remember, most of the snow that fell didn’t stay around too long, it ended up in South Dakota or Illinois or Minnesota or God knows where… the wind was always blowing pretty darn hard. Neg. 75 once - with wind chill factored in. You NoDak peeps are pretty hardy folk. Maybe it’s all the Lutefisk?
They are for sure. Never doubt the grit of any rural folks from the Dakotas. Tougher than boiled owl shit.

I drew a mountain goat tag this year and laid eyes on some of the most spectacular country god ever created. I spent almost 30 days in the mountains in various stints and never saw a single person other than a random set of Bro/Bra's that followed my boot tracks one day.
goat country.jpg

I drew a mountain goat tag this year and laid eyes on some of the most spectacular country god ever created. I spent almost 30 days in the mountains in various stints and never saw a single person other than a random set of Bro/Bra's that followed my boot tracks one day.
View attachment 7755045

Looks like good country to randonnee ski and cover more terrain.

Reactions: powdahound76
Looks like good country to randonnee ski and cover more terrain.
Some days they worked pretty good, but when it came time to climb up a headwall or other steep ass mtn they were pretty cumbersome. I bought alot of mountaineering gear for that hunt and was skeptical that I would use it. Boy was I wrong. The Kahtoola over the boot cramp ons saved my bacon too many times to count.

I used to tour around on a pair of old Atomic skis with old school Silvretta bindings

Never on a goat hunt, but touring and sometimes rabbit hunting.
Also used these for snow approaches to alpine climbs and to get to remote waterfalls in the winter to see just how much stupid shit I could do in one day and survive!

Cool part was, they were able to be used with any boot that accepted step in crampons.
From AT ski boots, plastic double boots, La Sportiva Nepal, and La Sportiva Makalu. All worked.

In a pair of light mountaineering boots like the Makalu, your non ski travel in steep country is still good. Any downhill is shot, but traversing or going down with skins still on the skis helps and ton. just know how to ski well and you will be fine.

A LW foam core ski was key, as then there wasnt much weight to tote when you have to walk much.

Also, @pmclaine - you know what Randonee is french for? Cant telemark!

And telemark is Norwegian for "slow hippy!"

I have done both a lot. Only slow on teles if you are a pussy!

Reactions: Barneybdb