• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing where to go to retrain

caleb7mm

Nobody
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2010
atlanta, GA
I am a 33 year old man who in the last 3 years has lost a business, a home and all the personal possessions you would accrue over time. My wife left 5 months ago, all I have left is my tools, my rifle and my dog. I have been an auto mechanic for 13 years. I have wanted to get into machining work and want to learn the right way. I would like to eventually get into precision rifle builds. But again, I want to start off the right way.

There is now nothing stopping me from moving anywhere in the country. But I don't want to make a mistake and spend everything I have moving to the wrong area. I know of schools in NC and CO but is there a better way? Maybe an apprenticeship with a builder? Does anyone even do that or is schooling the only option?

thanks

caleb

Re: where to go to retrain

there's a good school in Oklahoma too, Murray state college, a plus about the state college is that you can get all the normal college grants and loans, and at the end it's an associate's degree

heard Red Jacket Firearms needs help, you may have to be the name on their FFL though

seriously though, I know a few builders and they actually prefer to teach their padawon learners from the start, no previous schooling, in an apprenticeship type role. The problem is getting your foot in the door

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Country song? </div></div>

sounds about right. I always knew country music sucked now I know why first hand
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Country song? </div></div>

There's your man right there!

If you want to attend a school, Murray State is a great one. Good luck on your quest.

Regarding country music, it doesn't suck . . . "Country music tells a story"

. . . and yes, my life has been told a few times in a few songs too.

Kevin