• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Fieldcraft Where to send rifle for painting?

Patton63

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2006
Northern Virginia
I've spent the last hour or so reviewing old threads and, while I have found some information, I wanted to make sure I have all of the best options. I built my 7-year old son a 10/22 in a Boyd's tacticool stock that I would like to get painted with a camo pattern (he is still considering what he likes). After looking through some search threads, I've identified Phantom Finishing and 30calsniper as two good options. Are there any other painters you would recommend?

Thanks a lot.
- Chris

Re: Where to send rifle for painting?

ill put my vote in for Controlled Chaos Arms from here on the hide, goes by septictank13

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ARP x3 </div></div>
This.

Todd at Phantom Finishing does really nice stencils and multiple colors for some outstanding camo patterns. Anything from a regular multicam or woodland pattern or his trademark "Phantomflage". He can throw some subtle custom images within that design that are fantastic too.

Marc

+100 for Todd @ Phantom Finishing. Todd did a couple of rifles for me and he's truly an artist. Top notch work!!!

Plus he's an avid supporter of numerous shooting tournaments by donating coatings as prizes.

You'll be happy with his work.

Todd at Phantom Finishing has done 2 rifles for me in the past, his work really stands out and the finish his exceptional. A third will be going in for paint when my reserved spot comes up...
Oh and his shop is kick ass and clean not some fly by night do it in your kitchen set up....

vajayjaypunisher here on the hide does lovely stenciling and gap style finishes, just sent him a pistol for color.

I was honored to be able to put the paint onto this young mans rifle. He wanted a woodland ARPAFLAGE with a bit of the MARPAT look to it so I sprayed some camo onto it and it turned out rather nice. This is a really neat rifle and I hope the boy enjoys this for many years to come. I do believe the boy will be taking this to the Quantico range soon. I hope the MARINES there approve of it.

Mason1022R.jpg

Mason1022LJPG.jpg

Really Really nice camo job.

I highly recommend ARP. In the e-mails I have had, he has had great communication and his work speaks for itself.

-Chris

Im sure the RO's wont mind at all....might just get a little attention like my AR ...Mr ARP did.

ARP will definitely hook it up