• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Which .308 MBR?

TORCHRIDER

Private
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2010
I have done a bunch of reading on this subject and am still on the fence regarding what to buy. I am hoping you experts can help me make a decision. I have searched on this subject, but found many older threads. I am asking the question again in case anything has changed on the equipment front.

I want to buy a semi-auto MBR in .308 to further develop my rifleman skills (non-bench shooting). This will be my GTG if and when <span style="text-decoration: underline">that</span> day comes. I would like to become proficient with it out to at least 600 yards and will commit the time to do so.

I have pretty much narrowed it down to the M1A and FAL, but perhaps there are others I should be looking at such as AR-10?

If you had to pick one MBR to become intimately involved with, spend hours on end training with, feed, repair, shoot and defend yourself with in the worst situation, what would you choose and why?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Which .308 MBR?

Between the M1A and a FAL, hands down the M1A. Better sights, more stock options, more accurate, more available parts, more people who know how to work on them. Let's put it this way, when our military wanted a DMR they turned to the tried and trusted M14. When the Brits went looking for a DMR they went to the LMT MWS aka L129A1 instead of their FAL based MBR.

Re: Which .308 MBR?

I would wait until armalite releases their new ar10 lowers that will be compatible with pmags. Armalites are cheap in contrast to fancier ar308s so we can hope the new pmag compatible mag lowers will be as affordable as their non pmag lowers