• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Optics 4 Your HD Guns

Pretty much my cary gun g19 with acro p2 and surefire x300 is the main dude. There are other options available too

Reactions: Convex
The Eotech on the 870.

4 years it helped me defend myself w/bad eyesight.

It fits in the gun chest closed as is.

This one is about 6 or 7 yrs. old now and has never malfunctioned and was worth every penny I paid for it.

Opt1-AVers20214-WZZZ4-E.jpg

Last edited:
Here's showing what kind of quick access to the chest is combined with just being/appearing to be just a table.

A few years back my Daughter waited until I went to the store and stole this old TV which never stopped working and drove straight to the dump and threw it out.

She then had them ship me a 60" tv which I've now got up on the wall.

Gun-Chest-NRecliner20214-W.jpg
Fortunate that you weren't using it for storage, eh? :)

Keith

It evolved over a number years where I tried several options to whatever I didn't have in my "nerve center" I'd keep in the safe down in my basement shop.

The gun chest is easily locked and so when my kids were small going between this and the safe gave me the greatest "peace of mind".

If I have to leave, everything's unloaded/stored in the safe.

Best advice I ever got was "think of the most guns you'll ever plan on getting, multiply that by 3 before U decide on a safe".

Fort-Knox-II4-W.jpg

Last edited:
New Year's here we come.

This might be of interest to some folks.

Have some time before my morning walk so I'm uploading this semi-silhouette shot of a build of one of my twin Molot Vepr 12 AK based semi-auto shotguns which inhabit my gun chest in addition to my pumps.

Took this shot years ago after I finished the build of both Vepr 12's w/the 8 rd. mag on it, but it resides in the safe w/a 5 rounder so it can fit in the gun chest buttoned up.

The Vepr 12 comes from the Molot factory w/the butt stock canted down relative to the barrel axis which I hated so I added a Carolina Shooting Supply adaptor so the butt stock is close to being lined up w/the barrel. A MDT adaptor flares away from that adaptor to the aluminum stock. The grip has a rubberized cushioned backstrap.

Replaced the useless 1000 yr. sight w/a peep sight, added an Alfa Arms forearm and Alfa Arms gas tube to complete the build.

V129-De-Sat2-Crop-ZZZ3-W.jpg

I've never gone in 4 "trick" slugs but eventually settled on these which are legitimate/effective "stoppers" in town and will reach out to a 100 yrds. as opposed to the pumps. Here's a video about these slugs, hopefully you can last the 20 minutes w/o falling asleep.

YES, there are other slugs out there that are probably as effective.

2mags4W.jpg

Out in the country, I've got the other Vepr 12 loaded up w/these slugs for "Godzilla and his momma" and as back up for my rifles which probably don't need backing up, but "what the hell".

The video shows them going through almost a couple of inches of lead, and if you look close at the slow motion segment you'll see four rockets as this thing penetrates a lead plate.

Last edited: