• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Corban dallas

Private
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2022
Colorado
Looking to buy a hunting rifle for elk and bear. Going with the 7mm caliber. Looking to stay around $1000 for the rifle. There's a Christensen Arms Mesa and a Savage 110 that I've been looking at and was wondering if CA is worth the extra money. Open to other suggestions on rifles in that budget range to look at. I'm new to hunting and appreciate the input. Thanks.

tikka superlite 7mag. Spend the rest of your budget on good glass and ammo.

mine shoots .5 moa with factory ammo (Hornady and Barnes). Put a limbsaver air pad on there and it's not bad to shoot and super light.

tikka superlite 7mag. Spend the rest of your budget on good glass and ammo.

mine shoots .5 moa with factory ammo (Hornady and Barnes). Put a limbsaver air pad on there and it's not bad to shoot and super light.
Thank you, I'll try the Tika out today. The $1k is for the rifle only, not including the glass budget.

Thank you, I'll try the Tika out today. The $1k is for the rifle only, not including the glass budget.
Right, i was just saying the difference in cost will save you some coin for the rest. you'll spend alot more to find a gun that shoots as accurately as the tikka's do from the factory. Bergara also worth looking at in that price range. And for your budget, there are other tikka models that have nicer stocks etc as well...

Right, i was just saying the difference in cost will save you some coin for the rest. you'll spend alot more to find a gun that shoots as accurately as the tikka's do from the factory. Bergara also worth looking at in that price range. And for your budget, there are other tikka models that have nicer stocks etc as well...
Thanks for your advice. I found a Bergara 7mm at my local gun shop that comes with a really nice adjustable stock for $1099. couldn't find a tikka in the price range that had the adjustable stock and a threaded barrel. maybe i wasn't looking hard enough.

I bought a Ti Ridgeline CA 6.5 Creedmoor for my boys sheep rifle. Based off that rifle I would buy another one. Its between 5/8-3/4 to 1 1/4 MOA pending the ammo. Hornady Precision 143 ELDx was best and 120 GMX was the biggest group.

Some individual Christensen rifles are what they are intended to be but some of their other rifles fall well short of their accuracy potential. You don't know which you will get when you purchase one and there lies the problem. I've known people having great rifles but some are very disappointed and frustrated when they find their rifle shoots poorly.

Friends don't let friends purchase Christensen.

Some individual Christensen rifles are what they are intended to be but some of their other rifles fall well short of their accuracy potential. You don't know which you will get when you purchase one and there lies the problem. I've known people having great rifles but some are very disappointed and frustrated when they find their rifle shoots poorly.

Friends don't let friends purchase Christensen.
I will add to this - when it goes poorly GOOD LUCK getting Christensen to help you.

I have a CA Ridgeline in 6.5PRC in an AI chassis. It shoots .42” at 100. Good enough for me. I also just got a Tikka CTR in 6.5cm and put it in a KRG X-ray chassis. Still working on load development but 140gr ELDM with 41.5gr H4350 seems to bullseye 1” AR500 plates just fine at 100. Putting a better scope on it before going back to my range. A lot of people badmouth CA, and rightfully so… they have had their problems, but I got lucky and got a good one. I’ve never heard of someone badmouthing Tikka.

The only people who badmouth tikkas:

- never owned one
- own a bergara and have buyer’s remorse
- are filthy rich and can’t admit that they have buttery actions and shoot on par with customs that cost 3-5x more.

Let my buddy shoot my CTR. He’d never shot a centerfire rifle. Within 3 groups he shot a .25“ group with 75 cent bthp hornady.

the guns just flat out shoot.

Reactions: Drstrangelove
They have been making rifles for decades and are still going. There is nothing wrong with them.