• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes which scope for Gap-10

Cullenwruth

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2011
looking for a scope for my Gap that will be here around feb. Im going to be using it primarily for hunting deer/yotes, as well as shooting steel out to 1000. first question- for these uses do yall prefer a fixed 10 or variable up to 20?
Ive been looking at uso-st10 for a fixed 10 and weaver tac for variable. What are yalls thoughts? Also, price range needs to be under/around $1000

Re: which scope for Gap-10

I think with your budget I'd get the best fixed power you can afford. I have a Nightforce F1 on mine, and I think it is near perfect for the application, but runs around $2000. Maybe a Vortex PST variable power would be fine too?

I advise against a fixed power. Why? Because there will be times when you want or need more/less magnification than a fixed power will give you and you're gonna wish you had the variable power.

The Vortex PST is a good choice as is the Bushnell Tactical series and the Sightron SIII and each of them are priced under $1,000.

Not that you can't make hits with 10x, but it's hard to count points on a whitetail, or ID button bucks vs does. I'd look for a variable with 15 - 20 on the top end.
Also, you will likely want less than 10x on the bottom end, at some point.
CW

Sightron SIII 6-24 or PST 6-24?

My pick would be the Sightron III 6x32,would be good at 1000 yds and you could ajust closer if you wanted too. For the money you can't beat thier glass. MHO
smile.gif

Just save some money for a little more time and go with variable power scope. Will give you more flexibility with your weapon. USO or Nightforce?

JaxOps