• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Which scope for PRS

Billl223

Private
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2002
Worcester PA
I have a Nightforce SHV 4-14 x 50 F1 with Mil-R reticle mounted on a Tikka TAC A1 which I plan to use for local PRS matches in Production Class. Max range is 700 yards. I recently ordered a Bushnell LRTS 4.5-18 for another rifle. Might this work better as a PRS scope? Currently I dial for elevation and hold for wind and am familiar with the G3 reticle and don't think the reticle will matter.

Must be shooting at New Holland. ;) You have both so try them both and see which you like best. You will eventually be holding for elevation as well in stages so usually a Christmas tree style reticle is more versatile in matches.

Have you practiced holding elevation also to see how you perform with that? Mil-R isn't ideal for that compared to other reticles but the G3 perhaps could be.

I have a couple of the LRHS/TS and they are fantastic little optics. For PRS type shooting I would look for something with a bit better eyebox.

I'm in the same boat. Running a Tikka Tac 6.5CM and have a Vortex Razor 4-27 on order. Owned just about every scope between 0-3500 with the exception of a Minox and the razor just punches so well for price, I keep coming back to it. There are so many good scopes out now just pick the one with a reticle and turrets you like the best.

Keep in mind the tikka has a 0 moa continuous rail. So if you want some cant, need to use a mount with it built in.

cheers