• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

White oak armament accuracy

I haven’t noticed it coppering much, but then again, I’ve only got about 200 rounds through it.
I should think it doesn't then, you would really know by now.
I did notice the gas port looked like there might be a burr, but I’m not sure. I know my Bartlein (1300 rounds) does not look like this.
Is the Bart drilled through a land or groove?
I also found that the handguard was touching the gas block, and I have since corrected that issue.

I’m going on the assumption that the issues were with the handguard touching the gas block and it will shoot better now. I’m going to do a “put out or get out” test with it the next time I’ve at the range.
Lol "Put out or get out" done thought that a few times troubleshooting!

I should think it doesn't then, you would really know by now.

Is the Bart drilled through a land or groove?

Lol "Put out or get out" done thought that a few times troubleshooting!

The Bartlein was made by CLE and they centered the gas port in a groove and beveled the port. It was impressiv.

ZA

The Bartlein was made by CLE and they centered the gas port in a groove and beveled the port. It was impressiv.

ZA
Yup, that's top notch. There isn't a consensus on the gas port placed in the groove, but it sure makes sense to me. Less protrusion to misshapen a jacket sure sounds like a winner to me.

Your gas port look pretty good compared to others though. Am I seeing some gas block misalignment with the hole? Some gas blocks require .025 from the barrel shoulder. I use a bore scope to align mine.

Ok to get somewhat back on track. I’m looking for a decent barrel for shooting some coyotes. Is WOA a decent barrel for that purpose?

Ok to get somewhat back on track. I’m looking for a decent barrel for shooting some coyotes. Is WOA a decent barrel for that purpose?
Of course. Just might need some break in. So if it's not gnat's ass grouping out the gate, there is hope.

Anyone know what brand barrel they use for the 20” varmint? If not I emailed them to see.

Not a 5×5 but just got one of my carbines zeroed at 100and the barrel did well. 16" WOA midlength shooting 77gr Razorcore using a NF 2.5-10X24, average for 15 rounds is about .82". The 55 gr is PMC ball ammo and did about how you'd expect at 100.

20230813_155021.jpg

I agree

It was made abundantly clear I was building uppers for sale and test firing them. Test fire for gas system check and then some for accuracy. I wasn't gonna accuracy test fire 30rnds a gun. It would have been great if someone would have clarified the .25 and .5 test fire groups number of rounds. Maybe you could have done that as a moderator, you know, somebody that is supposed to be a disinterested party to the matter. Try to resolve issues, not inflame them.

I would be most interested in hearing your upper assembly process, if you have time.

If this request is considered derailing @Rob01 let me know and I'll move it to a different thread.

• Haha
Reactions: msgriff and BurtG
Ok they said it starts as a Wilson Arms blank. Is that a decent blank?