• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who else hates leg day?

ney1

Toy Maker
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2001
slc, ut
www.deserttech.com
Just got done working my legs out, squats, lunges, extensions, curls, calves, etc... Legs are the toughest workout because you can keep going forever! On upper bodyparts then you can tell when you can only do one or two more reps but at that point with legs, if you really push yourself, you can do like 6-10 more!

I always have a headache and feel exhausted afterwards. Who else dreads leg days?

Re: Who else hates leg day?

I hate leg days too. But I always feel good afterwards, like no matter what, I got a good workout. Some days on upper body I feel like I wasted my time. It's rare, but it does happen.

I just did legs last night as well. While I can't stand it, it is a necessary evil. I see guys that have huge upper body and chicken legs. I don't know how they keep their balance.

I actualy like leg day , its one of my fastest workouts and no cardio after !!
5 min on the bike
one max effort rest pause set of squats or leg presses
one max effort rest pause set single leg extensions
one max effort rest pause set ham curls
limp out of the gym
end result major pump
legday-1-1-1.jpg

Leg day sucks ass. So does two days after leg day. Sometimes a few days after that. But still do it...

I love leg day, but for me leg day is spent on a bike.

I make it a point to do a couple of short "sprint" type rides a week, while hitting a longer 40 or so mile ride on the weekends.

Leg day...the day that reminds you for several days what you did.

Love leg day. Although I do feel differently than you: When my legs are done, I am done. I feel so sick after the second set on the leg press, it's a fight to move on to the next workout. I often prolong working calves until the next workout because my system is so shocked after quads and hamstrings.

Leg day is the toughest one for me to get excited about. But it keeps my legs strong, and helps minimize the chance of leg injuries when I run.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superde</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leg day is the toughest one for me to get excited about. But it keeps my legs strong, and helps minimize the chance of leg injuries when I run. </div></div>

+1 there

The best part is walking down stairs the day after legs. I too limp out of the gym after. I like that legs are a short workout too but never get used to the headache and the urge to vomit by the end of the workout. Lol

I used to hate it to a point where I did them once every 2 weeks. Because I could barely walk for the week after.

Now I'm on the HST program and I do them at every workout, every 2 days. I don't get as sore as I used to and I got stronger on my squats. It was worth it.

But of all the exercises, legs is the one I like the least.

I only do legs once a week, and I change that up so i'm not doing squats all the time. The soreness that comes after those makes it hard to do other crap so it's sort of counter productive to the rest of my day (and the next 2-3). I usually just stick with leg press, calf raises, and cable machines. I usually do some heavy resistance biking or a simulated "hike" (high, variable angles) on the treadmill at least once a week too, so that helps.

I've been blessed with good legs to start with so I don't have to work them near as hard as this flabby thing they call a core, lol.

Right now I do legs 4 times a week, but I'm 4mos out of ACL surgery. It's pretty amazing how wrecked you can get from just body weight exercises and kettle bells.

i think about leg day 4 days before its time to get it done... and i get nauseous... jjones... i need what you got running through them veins.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jjones... i need what you got running through them veins. </div></div>

LOL , lots of beef , whole eggs and raw goat milk (and Oreo cookies lately
grin.gif
)

Seriously my famliy has big muscular legs , just in our genes (my poor daughter)

I hate leg days as well, with one exception. For some reason I love deadlifts.

My question about leg day: I'm having trouble adequately working my calves. I always cramp before getting an adequate workout. I made certain that I'm getting sufficient niacin and potassium in my diet. Still the same. Thoughts? I workout first thing in the morning.

I used to hate legs when I was playing ball, all I would do was wind sprints and jog, but that kept me running a 4.08 40yd. Now that I am a couple of years out of playing, I am really digging good, heavy leg days. What I dont like is trying to squat down on the pot the next couple of days...TMI, I know lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jjones... i need what you got running through them veins. </div></div>

grin.gif
)

Seriously my famliy has big muscular legs , just in our genes (my poor daughter) </div></div>

LegDay.jpg

i know how the leg deal goes... i also know how the red BEEF goes as well... for some reason, that stuff really works wonders
wink.gif
i've cut down on the weight for squats, the past month i've only been doing 415 for 3 sets of 15 reps, gets me ready to pack my heavy ass rifle, equip, elk, deer, antelope, coyotes, and cats up them hills... but then again, i front squat heavy monday, squat my high reps wed, or thurs, then do heavy deads and hangs on sat or sun, that way i can work around my hunting and shooting schedule.

i love leg days....my legs are actually the best they have ever been lately because i stopped doing leg extensions...

a very wise, very noted, very high profile trainer had me go 3 months with no leg extensions...got stronger, bigger, and fuller....no more bullshit leg extensions ever! they are purely for housewives, and people with bodybuilding OCD(me 4 months ago!)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> they are purely for housewives, and people with bodybuilding OCD(me 4 months ago!) </div></div>

Very true , good for nothing but shape .

From what I've done nothing beats heavy squat for adding mass and strength (which go hand in hand)

It kinda pissed me off because I can just imagin what I could have accomplished when I competed if I would have just dropped extensions....live and learn I guess lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It kinda pissed me off because I can just imagin what I could have accomplished when I competed if I would have just dropped extensions....live and learn I guess lol
</div></div>

Yep , i dont want mine to grow anymore as they are out of perportion with my upper body so now i just do the sissy exercises
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It kinda pissed me off because I can just imagin what I could have accomplished when I competed if I would have just dropped extensions....live and learn I guess lol
</div></div>

Yep , i dont want mine to grow anymore as they are out of perportion with my upper body so now i just do the sissy exercises
grin.gif
</div></div>
i am just want to be 205-220 at 8% or under and just stay there...i dont ever want to be huge again.....shit made for a very boring life when i think back on it lol

trying to actually make my back shrink a little at the current moment...i have discovered that a huge back sucks for everything...but no matter what i do it starts growing fast, or satys the same size...wont shrink for shit!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
i am just want to be 205-220 at 8% or under and just stay there...i dont ever want to be huge again.....shit made for a very boring life when i think back on it lol
</div></div>
what was your comp weight???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>
what was your comp weight??? </div></div>
Was always a heavyweight....but my last 2 were super heavy
......looking at me today you would never think that lol

Those leg pics make me feel like a pussy, but I gues a skinnier target is harder to hit. I do hard bike cardio three days a week and legs one day. It is tough becasue it is sandwiched between the cardio days. I hate lunges, my 36" inseam legs scream the next day after lunges and I am on the bike that day. It's hell to get old.

My legs are pretty pathetic... I blew a disc in my lower back a few years ago, so I'm not supposed to do any squats or presses. I do use the leg press machine, but I don't use very much weight at all. Only do legs to try to maintain some symmetry so I can build other muscle groups as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jake912</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My legs are pretty pathetic... I blew a disc in my lower back a few years ago, so I'm not supposed to do any squats or presses. </div></div>
dude... F-it, ruptured one and herniated another, and broke cartilage in my lower back... doc told me the same thing... but you know what, i said it once, and i'll say some more... the doc, aint always right.

I hate leg days because after I am done, I want to puke my guts out, rape all the women and burn down the village!! Not to mention my legs swell up like balloons, making it hard to walk... This is a bit of a problem since I wait tables.

I use to hate legs, but I have been doing them lately and have seen a huge gain in strength with my other work outs.

I had a crazy leg day the other day. Have been sore for days but the pump and soreness have had me craving to do them again!

I can't wait to see some more gains, especially since I've always had chicken legs.

Leg day for me was yesterday. I hate it, but its necessary. Everyone wants to hit the gym and do biceps and triceps just to fill out their shirt sleeve. Being a weight lifter is a lot more than that. To break up my pure hatred for legs I got a bike so I can alternate. This has helped tremendously!

-Z

I used to hate leg days, trying to get my strength up so I work my legs 2x/week. I still cant do sessions like I can do other body parts but I am trying to get my legs used to being worked out. I dont cringe as much when it comes to leg days, I actually like it now.

I came to the conclusion that since legs are the biggest muscle groups they also burn the most calories when worked. That keeps you skinny. And, the reason you want to vomit after working them is because that's how bad your system is telling you stomach nourishment needs to be replaced.

Since I have bad knees, I don't run anymore. Which makes it really difficult to burn weight. When I swim (because it's a no-impact excersize) I have to remember to make a few runs on the planing board just kicking. You definitely feel the workout doing that. Same thing, your body is telling you to poop, pee and vomit all at the same time.

'Nother leg hater here. Now I do a crossfit style workout, and my legs do not hurt near as much as they used too. I actually kind enjoy it now.

Re: Who else hates leg day? Not Me

My "Leg Day" normally consists of training hikes wih a 45 lb. backpack for 4 to 5 miles. It keeps me ready for backpacking trips.

Around October I begin doing lunges indoors only because I Telemark ski and that is ALL about lunges.

I always hated heavy straight bar squats, killed my shoulders. everything else was just good training.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jjones... i need what you got running through them veins. </div></div>

grin.gif
)

Seriously my famliy has big muscular legs , just in our genes (my poor daughter) </div></div>

LegDay.jpg

i know how the leg deal goes... i also know how the red BEEF goes as well... for some reason, that stuff really works wonders
wink.gif
i've cut down on the weight for squats, the past month i've only been doing 415 for 3 sets of 15 reps, gets me ready to pack my heavy ass rifle, equip, elk, deer, antelope, coyotes, and cats up them hills... but then again, i front squat heavy monday, squat my high reps wed, or thurs, then do heavy deads and hangs on sat or sun, that way i can work around my hunting and shooting schedule.</div></div>
Damn! How the hell does your vastus medialis stick out that far?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terror!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jjones... i need what you got running through them veins. </div></div>

grin.gif
)

LegDay.jpg

wink.gif
i've cut down on the weight for squats, the past month i've only been doing 415 for 3 sets of 15 reps, gets me ready to pack my heavy ass rifle, equip, elk, deer, antelope, coyotes, and cats up them hills... but then again, i front squat heavy monday, squat my high reps wed, or thurs, then do heavy deads and hangs on sat or sun, that way i can work around my hunting and shooting schedule.</div></div>
Damn! How the hell does your vastus medialis stick out that far? </div></div>
alot of hill work, while pulling weight and/or weight on my back... I'm actually just heading out the door to get the nauseous feeling of leg day once again!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terror!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
skinney said:
jjones... i need what you got running through them veins. </div></div>

grin.gif
)

LegDay.jpg

wink.gif
Damn! How the hell does your vastus medialis stick out that far? </div></div>
alot of hill work, while pulling weight and/or weight on my back... I'm actually just heading out the door to get the nauseous feeling of leg day once again!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always hated heavy straight bar squats, killed my shoulders. everything else was just good training. </div></div>

if you build your traps up, you'll have a nice little cushion for that squat bar to bend over
wink.gif

Lol, traps weren't the problem it was the circuit max training with hundreds in weight and hundreds in band tension for sets. A form of overtraining and then resting to peak for a meet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lol, traps weren't the problem it was the circuit max training with hundreds in weight and hundreds in band tension for sets. A form of overtraining and then resting to peak for a meet. </div></div>
RIGHT ON.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">alot of hill work, while pulling weight and/or weight on my back... I'm actually just heading out the door to get the nauseous feeling of leg day once again!!! </div></div>
Would running uphill dragging a heavy sled have the same effect? I'm building a routine for my upcoming sprinting season and don't want to do anything that may hurt my speeds for the 100 and 200m events.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terror!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">alot of hill work, while pulling weight and/or weight on my back... I'm actually just heading out the door to get the nauseous feeling of leg day once again!!! </div></div>
Would running uphill dragging a heavy sled have the same effect? I'm building a routine for my upcoming sprinting season and don't want to do anything that may hurt my speeds for the 100 and 200m events. </div></div>
i do about 5 50yd sprints up 45-60 degree hill, then i do about 5 more pulling a tire, then 5 more dry runs, IMHO there is nothing better for balls out speed than hill work, it will make your starts much more explosive... i was weighing in about 235 and my fastest 100M time was 10.8 quickest 40yd was just under 4.4, there are many more drills i do with/without the hill, but my favorite is hill work.

Right on! My starts are where I could use the most help. I've always lacked that explosive power that all the other guys on the line have. For the last few months I have been hitting the squat rack like my life depends on it and really stressing power. It's paying off really well. I also got into some minor plyo lately which has helped an incredible amount. I just hope all the torture of leg workouts pay off in the long run...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terror!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right on! My starts are where I could use the most help. I've always lacked that explosive power that all the other guys on the line have. For the last few months I have been hitting the squat rack like my life depends on it and really stressing power. It's paying off really well. I also got into some minor plyo lately which has helped an incredible amount. I just hope all the torture of leg workouts pay off in the long run... </div></div>

All out leg power is very helpful is explosive speed but remember all the great pushing exercises help with the pushing off but you can put them down any faster or harder than you can pick them up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terror!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right on! My starts are where I could use the most help. I've always lacked that explosive power that all the other guys on the line have. For the last few months I have been hitting the squat rack like my life depends on it and really stressing power. It's paying off really well. I also got into some minor plyo lately which has helped an incredible amount. I just hope all the torture of leg workouts pay off in the long run... </div></div>
a couple more plyo type workouts you could incorporate into your workout for your starts, after warm ups, set up boxes, on your last box jump explode from where you land into a 25yd sprint... i would do these as well skips for height, do about 5 each leg and when you come down on your 10th, as soon as you hit the ground (no matter how your stance is) explosive sprint for 25yds... i credit most of explosiveness (starts and vert) to heavy squat first, hills-plyos-ladder&dot drills last.