• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who's had the "Deadly China Virus"? And how bad was it really?

gunjunkie45

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 28, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I tested positive on Friday 5 Feb. Was never particularly sick. Had a cough and 2 days of low grade fever. Never above 101. My whole house got it except my wife, who has had the vaccine (she's a shrink in the state hospital for the criminally insane.) She didn't have a choice in taking it. Our house is my wife and myself, around 40 in age, inlaws; late 60s, and 9 month old twins. Noone has been particularly sick and the worst of symptoms was done in 2-3 days. My question for those others who have been confirmed to have it... How bad was it really?

I have 3 buddies who've had it, 1 who is abut 70 says it was like a mild cold, one whos mid/late 50's said it was like a cold but he lost 15 lbs. Third says it was the sickest he's ever been, lost his voice, but he gets sick with everything.

My mom and step dad got it, were sick for weeks but they are in their 70s. I know several others ranging in age that had it and felt like it was a mild cold.

My BIL & SIL had it two months ago. SIL suffered no illness symptoms, but, my BIL, was worthless for about 4 days, didn't have any energy and just laid around. Doc verified they both had CV-19 (probably brought home by the daughter) and told to go home and keep an eye on things. Both of us have been around them and have had no issues. Mac

My wife and I both had it last July. We were both pretty sick. Not at first, we went down hill about day 8 or so. I have read that blood type has a lot to do with how bad it effects you. We are both A+ which is suppose to be most vulnerable. My dad were exposed at the same. He checks every high risk box there is but is type O. That’s suppose to be the most resistive.

Had it back in late November. It was like a minor cold. Worst part was that beer tasted different until a few weeks ago. Oddly tho, whiskey tasted better.

My Whole family had it. Basically a cold. Way easier than flu. 92yr old grandpa had it and recovered. Parents had it (mid 60s) and are fine.

Mother in law died from it, put my wife in the hospital for almost a week, and made me wish I was in the hospital. Still can't smell or taste a month later.

Way worse than the flu with the respiratory symptoms.

6 year old never missed a beat.

I had it around Thanksgiving. Sickest I’ve ever been. Two solid weeks of no energy, couldn’t eat. Lost 25lbs. Still have some lingering energy issues and a general lack of appetite.

I had it, was sick for about 12 days. Lost 14lbs but never had a fever. Had bad chills but I would sweat like crazy in my sleep. I would wake up in the morning felling like I had gotten over it and then about 1 in the afternoon I would start to feel like shit. Had a bad cough for about 6 or 7 days. Worst part was feeling bad for 12 days. Took about a week and a half to feel almost normal 2.5 weeks later, I still don't feel 100% but I'm back to lifting weights. Lost a lot of strength in the 2 weeks I was down but it came back after a week or so.

Last edited:
    My wife, our 2 young boys, and myself got it. Didn’t affect the boys much at all. Me and my wife had several symptoms, but they were all mild. My mom (who is currently receiving Chemotherapy), stepdad, 2 step sisters and cousin also got it at the same time and they all had mild symptoms and recovered just fine. It’s more of annoying long drawn out cold. At least everyone I’ve known who has had it. Worse part was losing taste and smell. It’s been 4 weeks and I’m just getting mine back.

Last edited:
    Reactions: killbilly
    Not from work, but friends and church friends have ran the gamut of minor cold to dying.
    and yes, some died that had NO known comorbids and were fairly healthy folks.

Its a low number, but very strange and random.

Whatever they did in creating this in the lab is very curious to me.

Glad you and yours didnt get too sick.

You can post a pic of the boys to cheer me up! 😁

Reactions: Bender
    My wife had it. I was tested but never did get it.

She had a very bad head cold for 3 days and was extremely tired. She's also diabetic and has to take a thyroid drug. Full recovery and she works at the hospital in the covid ward. They aren't busy at all.

This is one big plandemic.

A close friend had it. Hospitalized for a couple weeks, Couple more at home. Never went on a vent. 65 and not exactly a picture of health.

i have not been tested, but i might have had it last spring, although i was already working from home and had no contact with anyone i know of that was also sick since it was during the lockdown. i had a fever one night and ached all over for a couple days.

My wife and I both had it last July. We were both pretty sick. Not at first, we went down hill about day 8 or so. I have read that blood type has a lot to do with how bad it effects you. We are both A+ which is suppose to be most vulnerable. My dad were exposed at the same. He checks every high risk box there is but is type O. That’s suppose to be the most resistive.
    I'm A+ and wife is O+. My symptoms were pretty mild. Don't think there is any truth to blood type mattering.

Reactions: abn31c
    My wife had it. Pretty sick. Flu-like symptoms for a couple weeks. I’m not going to say I had it but had some moderate flu-symptoms myself around the same time. I work in a public facing profession. Almost 300 members have tested positive. Most are back to work after very minor to moderate symptoms.

And yet it may.
    eas to isolate out by blood type. Then specific genetic markers.

The Corona virus isnt the part thats making people sick. Its whatever is attached to it.

Could be that you have the blood type and not the genetic marker....

You do have to believe there is a lab created modification for this to be possible though.
    I am not 100% convinced and certainly give it a strong probability.

And yes, very planned. Chaos needed.

We may find out. Or they may make sure we dont. Who knows?

I have personally known of 1 person (a nurse) who tested positive for COVID and had no symptoms. No one in my immediate family has had it either. And I haven't known anyone personally who has died from COVID

I just got back to work after having it. The first 7 or 8 days were the worst, really high fever, bad sore throat and a headache. I never lost my sense of taste or smell but I had no appetite and didn't eat a meal for 10 days, most of those days all I did was drink water. I lost 20 pounds. Now I am just tired and want to sleep all the time.

My 23 year old son had it the same time I did. All he got was a runny nose for 2 days.

I tested positive on Friday 5 Feb. Was never particularly sick. Had a cough and 2 days of low grade fever. Never above 101. My whole house got it except my wife, who has had the vaccine (she's a shrink in the state hospital for the criminally insane.) She didn't have a choice in taking it. Our house is my wife and myself, around 40 in age, inlaws; late 60s, and 9 month old twins. Noone has been particularly sick and the worst of symptoms was done in 2-3 days. My question for those others who have been confirmed to have it... How bad was it really?
    My wife and I had it mid December. I’m 49, she’s 60. She had one tough day with fever and severe aches. I had one day with 100.4 fever, felt like crap for a week. Just like the last time I had the flu a couple years ago. Our 16 year old son had sniffles a week earlier, could have been a cold. Who knows. I still have a poor sense of taste and smell.

Reactions: phxfa
    Had it first week of January 2020. It was scary, but I didn't go to the hospital. Real bad flu with lung problems, 3 weeks out of work,, pre-testing, pre shutdown, pre-admitting it was even in the country everything is ok you gottheflugohome. Wife had it, she was sick about 4 days.
    December 2020 my neighbor got it, 73yr old, i helped him every day with his animals, took him chili and soup and supper when he would let me.
    I had a sneezing fit the week after he tested positive, and didn't feel good for a day, wife same symptoms day before me.

Now...im not a virusologist, but im betting you can get it twice, its not a death sentence 99.5% of the time, and that fucking shot series they are touting as a miracle, is a gigantic experiment.

Reactions: Foul Mike
    My sister had it, took 3 weeks for her to get over it. Lots of breathing issues, mom and dad got it at the same time, mom had no issues, my father passed away after 2 weeks. He was slightly overweight and had high blood pressure, but nothing else that we knew of.

Last year when the media was telling us we're all going to die we were looking at each other and no one knew anyone who ever had it.
    Now it's running through coworkers and their family's like wildfire. We had it in January because the wife's boss brought it into the office. For us kinda like a weak flu, even the wife's coworker who is 69+ years old made it through no problem but the boss is still in ICU three+ weeks.

When I had it, it wasn't bad at all. The very first symptom i had were sore throat, it felt like something was almost scratching it but not painful, just minor discomfort. I had my temp go up to about 101 a few times but it was always very manageable with tylenol so i never had high temp for more than an hour or so. Sometimes my body felt a bit weak or tired but not to an extreme, I could still do everything i needed to around the house. The most annoying part was when I lost my sense of smell & taste after about 4 days. Didn't get those back until 2 to 3 weeks later.

Once my senses returned to normal, I was good for a very long time. Recently though, my sense of smell & taste have started to do weird shit. There are certain foods that while i still get a lot of their true flavor, I'm also finding some other chemical-like taste to it. Same thing goes for odors. A lot of things smell normal, but a few of them have that chemical-like hint to it. I think this is just how I'm going to live on for the rest of my life but i dont know. It's weird how many months after, this is now happening so maybe this virus has some post recovery effects to it.

Last year when the media was telling us we're all going to die we were looking at each other and no one knew anyone who ever had it.
    Now it's running through coworkers and their family's like wildfire. We had it in January because the wife's boss brought it into the office. For us kinda like a weak flu, even the wife's coworker who is 69+ years old made it through no problem but the boss is still in ICU three+ weeks.

Yes. Didn't know anyone who had it at all for most of 2020, now it is everywhere.

I was really tired for 24 hours. Had some cough, but I normally cough, because my lungs were damaged from Parrot Fever in my late 20s. I was 59 at the time, and had other risk factors. Some things that may have worked in my favor was my Type O blood.

It affects everyone differently. No one in my household has had it but my parents and siblings had it. No real issues with them. The vaccine affects people differently too. Everyone at work who has got both doses say the 2nd one sucks. The 2nd will have no effect or it will put you down for a couple days, just depends. I will find out 2Mar after I get my 2nd dose.

I got it at the Seattle boat show. In Jan. '20. Was supposed to only be in China...Was a bad flu that started as a slightly scratchy throat for 3 days. Then wham! 10 minutes later I was huddled under blankets shivering & every joint was in a vice.
    Lasted 3 days then just very tired. Dry cough lasted a month. Later developed tachycardia. Runs in my family but I'm 54 & never had it before doing the high buck in Sep. Was rescued by S&R.
    Maybe related, maybe not. Idk.

My soon to be 31 year old son had it. His employer had an outbreak where 2 employees died. My son got it and he said he felt REALLY tired and a little chest congestion. He got over in about 10 days and was back to normal after that.

He basically slept for 3 days straight and was in the bed for another 4-5 days. No lasting effects, no loss of taste or smell.

If dating a Chinese girl for a couple of years counts as having a Chinese virus then I had that 30 odd years ago and it was well worth it for me at least , but boy she gave me fever .

My sister had it, took 3 weeks for her to get over it. Lots of breathing issues, mom and dad got it at the same time, mom had no issues, my father passed away after 2 weeks. He was slightly overweight and had high blood pressure, but nothing else that we knew of.
    Condolences on your father. RIP

Reactions: Shane431
    I had it in April for two weeks, locked myself in my office never developed taste/smell issues. Felt "weird", like I had a chest cold but wasn't coughing.

Been asymptomatic twice since then.

Might currently have it, have a ton of pain in my back and hips. Sinus is acting funky.

Got the first phizer vaccine about 3 weeks ago I am supposed to get the 2nd one next week on Thursday.

Vaccine pain was severe more than a normal flu virus vaccine. Was over it except pain in my shoulder for about 3 days.

My boss was sick as a dog for about 4 hours and then got over it.

I had it, I'm 31, overweight with sports induced asthma. I had no fever and no cough. I felt tired a few days, and for about 5 days I had really bad lower back pain. Losing the sense of taste sucked massive ass because it was right during Christmas.

My wife had it. She did not lose her sense of smell or taste. She had a hard time catching her breath when walking around. The chest/breathing symptoms seemed to persist for about 3-4 weeks.

My 5 year old son had it. I don't think he actually had symptoms.

My 1 year old daughter had it. Runny nose, cold like symptoms. No fever, no breathing issues but she did snuggle a lot. Her symptoms lasted about 3-4 days.

My house might have had it in late February. We’re not sure because that was a while before any testing was available, I think. My wife was sick for three-ish days. My boys were mildly affected. I had very mild symptoms for a day or so on either side, but felt pretty shitty and slept for a whole afternoon and night. These symptoms were also made a little worse because we traveled during this(this was before the country’s “leaders” lost their fucking shit) so I’m sure we were a little immuno-compromised

An aunt and uncle had it recently and only had mild symptoms for ~a week

Someone at work had it and said it was about as bad as having the common cold, and this guy is not in the best health

Killed two elderly relatives and my extraordinarily healthy and clean living cousin got it bad and has that broken glass lung thing and some cardiac issues.

his kids got it at U of FL and it was a nothing burger for them.

good friend of mine who I used to squad w in skeet and his whole fam got it. He’s still short of breath almost a month later, wife and MIL both hospitalized for weeks but are out now.

at 68 w a couple of cardiac stents, I want no part of this crap, personally, and have no problem w taking a vaccine if these asshats will ever get thei act together on disto.

And yet it may.
    eas to isolate out by blood type. Then specific genetic markers.

The Corona virus isnt the part thats making people sick. Its whatever is attached to it.

Could be that you have the blood type and not the genetic marker....

You do have to believe there is a lab created modification for this to be possible though.
    I am not 100% convinced and certainly give it a strong probability.

And yes, very planned. Chaos needed.

We may find out. Or they may make sure we dont. Who knows?

As A is the second most common type in the US I'm leaning heavily towards
    Targeted.
    May have been easier than achieving target on O.
    Old saying about coincidences.

R

Tested positive Feb. 1. Felt like a head cold, kept up with my workouts, albeit a little reduced. Felt like a normal winter cold with sinus pressure. After 4-5 days, I was pretty much over the symptoms. Wife tested negative a week later

Reactions: candyx
    I knew 2 that died last week! Both 59 yrs old. Both were diabetic. Known a lot who had it including wife And son. They got pretty sick but not real bad. If your diabetic, it’s gonna hit hard!

Me: took it like a bitch, but got over it in 6 days.
    Wife: fairly rough, but was okay in 3.
    Newborn: fever, fussiness, recovered in 2 days.
    Mother: all the classic symptoms but they were all mild at best.
    87 year old grandpa: sore throat and sniffles.
    Friend of mine: died in 3 days (he was 35).
    Coworker: died in 13 days (he was 53).

I didn’t respect this thing enough. For most it seems to be a short but moderately bumpy ride. This being said it defiantly does not treat everyone the same.

I have not had it, that I know of. Same with the wife. Maybe we did but neither of us has been tested. We are not planning to be tested and are not planning to be vaccinated.
    My sister, her husband and one kid had it. Niece is like 17, she didn't have any symptoms. Brother-in-law was down for about 4 days, then good as ever. Sister was sort of sick for 2 days, sniffles, achy. The nephew, although exposed, did not test positive through 4 tests.
    My 81 year old mother and my 85 year old step-dad got it. My mom had a runny nose, went for her daily walk, no other issues. Step-dad had no symptoms but some aches...but he has aches anyway. Says he slept more than normal, so I'm guessing maybe he slept about 20 hours a day for a few days. He can fall asleep while all sorts of shit is happening. I think, after all he's been through, he finds most shit boring. HA! Not much gets him riled up anymore. Also, he has rheumatoid arthritis and as part of the medications he's on is hydroxychloroquine. Not sure if that was why he didn't really have any symptoms.
    Brother and sister-in-law had it. Bro said he felt like shit, like the flu, for about 4 days but got over it rapidly after that. His wife had like a mild cold for about 1.5 weeks.
    However, a great uncle died from it....sort of...he was about 95 and had other issues. I expected him to pass every day for the last 3-4 years. This was just the final straw. His son, maybe 75, also got it but not a symptom one.
    One of my ex-coworkers is dead (61) and they are attributing it to the Wuhan flu but this guy had all sorts of health issues, high blood pressure, all sorts of food allergies, gout, all sorts of shit. He took at least a dozen pills every day and had a hard time just walking around. Not overweight. Maybe this was his last straw, as well.