• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why are quadrails making a comeback?

Aside from a few Oz saved I'm not sure why quad ever went out of "style". I prefer the larger profile, more surface area to grip and the rail gives better grip. Personally I love the looks of quad vs and key or M. I wish more companies made quality quad rails, especially for the ar10.

I think Samson still makes a quad and there rails are definitely good quality. I haven’t looked in awhile so excuse me if I’m wrong.

✅

Attachments

• D330C3CA-08A7-4DC6-8C68-CC9B372F3A6D.jpeg
    D330C3CA-08A7-4DC6-8C68-CC9B372F3A6D.jpeg
    323.9 KB · Views: 226
My first AR was in 2010 when I turned 18, an LMT Piston CQB 16… still have it and been #TeamQuadSquad ever since with the others I’ve added.

I don't mean to make this personal Simonsza, but I have to say something because of this annoying trend on modern forums ... Answer the question that was asked to build the conversation. Nobody asked anyone why they think mlok is a great system. The question is: why are people going back to quads. As the thread illustrates, there are some people that find mounting mlok components to be pain and they are entitled to their opinion. Oh you build race engines... have a cookie. I assembled custom Radar amplifiers under a microscope, carve briar pipes by hand, synthesized nano-particles with wet chemistry, built 1911s, built bicycles, have 20/10 vision, AND I find mounting Mlok accessories to be a pain. The thing that I love most about the shooting community is that gear reflects an individuals thought process for besting a challenge and it is an entry to learning how others solve a uniform problems. The thing that I like least about the shooting community is individuals believing their solution is magic and the GMs that won't share their knowledge.

Demanding that a person "answer the question" is totally childish.

This is the Hide. Nothing, and I mean nothing ever stays on topic.

20190112_191409.jpg

I myself used to wonder about such things.….. then I remembered that some men bang other guys and drive ford trucks…...

Some men prefer girth… some length…. Ford truck drivers prefer both…

I prefer quad rails with covers as I have big dick beaters and a MLOk slim rail feels as bout as manly as dudes driving the same f150 my wife does… it hauls grocery’s nicely I will say.
It's whatever. I have MLok, Pic, and KeyMod [DickMod].

View attachment 8062509
OP: to guard your hand from getting tore-up from the handguard, get handguard guards to guard hands from the handguards.

Also, stop being poor.

It blows my mind guys even open their mouths… their rails are “snaggie”… lol

Certain items like knifes and quad rails work better for what they do cutting/attaching things unsheathed.. but when you carry them you don’t do so by the bare blade/handguard

I myself used to wonder about such things.….. then I remembered that some men bang other guys and drive ford trucks…...

Some men prefer girth… some length…. Ford truck drivers prefer both…

I prefer quad rails with covers as I have big dick beaters and a MLOk slim rail feels as bout as manly as dudes driving the same f150 my wife does… it hauls grocery’s nicely I will say.

It blows my mind guys even open their mouths… their rails are “snaggie”… lol

Certain items like knifes and quad rails work better for what they do cutting/attaching things unsheathed.. but when you carry them you don’t do so by the bare blade/handguard
Pro tip of the day:

The spacing of a picatinny slot fits very nicely on the lip of a 55 gallon oil drum if you need to drop to a knee behind said drum right quick to take a shot. Press downward on the handguard and you'll have no recoil for a controlled pair 😘

Pro tip of the day:

The spacing of a picatinny slot fits very nicely on the lip of a 55 gallon oil drum if you need to drop to a knee behind said drum right quick to take a shot. Press downward on the handguard and you'll have no recoil for a controlled pair 😘
OMG. With this info you just know there will be an adapter made which is; a single pic slot, that attaches to an arca rail, which is attached via mlok to a handguard. Pro f’n gamer!!

Pro tip of the day:

It would never work. I’d have to remove my snaggie, ouchie, hand hurtie rail covers to mount that rim

Last edited:
Pro tip of the day:

I do like the latest gear, but there's no fucking way that I'm going to haul a 55 gal drum around with me, even if it's empty.

This is how M-lok is supposed to work (despite the click-bait title):

So the irony is; there are M-lok slots and he used them to mount 1913 pic rail...
I have a quad rail that came in a box of parts I bought, along with a detachable carry handle and vertical forward grip. I've been wanting to do a build just around those parts, just because all I've ever had was free floating M-lok handguards.

Only heavier.

nothing against them, but quad rails never did anything for me. I actually preferred the old hand guards, and even ‘backdated’ my issued M4 and GUU-5P to the old carbine hand guards (being the boss had its perks). Never looked back once I retired and started building them for myself.

Prefer a slimmer, round(ish) hand guard, with mlok or keymod slots (I’m agnostic) to put stuff where I need it, and nothing more.

For example:

i-8HvBhZd.jpg

i-NfgsX9g-X3.jpg

i-BRLcJF4-X5.jpg

i-T39GjvL-X3.jpg

Or old school magpul hand guards and a FSB:

i-76m5zRm-X3.jpg

An SBR’d set I built for my son:

i-7nvqwSb.jpg

…or even without a FSB! And yes, I had to mill down the back of the gas block to get the gas port to align properly with that hand guard for my daughter’s rifle:

i-Tz7Mqwf-X3.jpg

And sometimes with no mounting options at all, LoL…

i-JdkthDB-4K.jpg
Won't comment on your rocks, but did you drag that driftwood home just to pose guns on for pictures?

Reactions: BCP
Only heavier.

nothing against them, but quad rails never did anything for me. I actually preferred the old hand guards, and even ‘backdated’ my issued M4 and GUU-5P to the old carbine hand guards (being the boss had its perks). Never looked back once I retired and started building them for myself.

Prefer a slimmer, round(ish) hand guard, with mlok or keymod slots (I’m agnostic) to put stuff where I need it, and nothing more.

For example:

i-8HvBhZd.jpg

i-NfgsX9g-X3.jpg

i-BRLcJF4-X5.jpg

i-T39GjvL-X3.jpg

Or old school magpul hand guards and a FSB:

i-76m5zRm-X3.jpg

An SBR’d set I built for my son:

i-7nvqwSb.jpg

…or even without a FSB! And yes, I had to mill down the back of the gas block to get the gas port to align properly with that hand guard for my daughter’s rifle:

i-Tz7Mqwf-X3.jpg

And sometimes with no mounting options at all, LoL…

i-JdkthDB-4K.jpg
Where did you get that case for the one AR? Looks cherry.

I got into AR's near the tail end of the quadrail era. I never liked holding them but that's just the way it was if you wanted to be cool and more modern than the plastic mil spec handguards. The first time I saw a slim smooth HG I knew it was the future. Once I held one I became thoroughly disgusted with quadrails.
Here we are in 2023 and I'm seeing them everywhere, like a bunch of kids just discovered them and think they're the new hotness.
I dug one out of my junk parts pile. Still horrible to grip. Still snaggy. Still heavy.
In the age of Mlok and Arca what do quads offer? If I want an HG that isn't great to hold I'll get another Seekins SP3R so it at least rests on surfaces nicely. Or throw an Arca rail on something and gain flatness and function.
Besides maybe the nostalgic feeling that makes people retrogress, what am I missing?

It's fashion. Some tool on instagram who has a "special" forces background (real or imagined) says you need one and boom

It's fashion. Some tool on instagram who has a "special" forces background (real or imagined) says you need one and boom

I mean, the only thing that separates the fashion world from the gun world is at least firearms have more purpose and/or can be used for more things. Operators gonna operate

Reactions: 308pirate
Quad rails are coming back because American men everywhere are rediscovering that fine cheeses, freshly grated, reinvigorate tactical lunchtime snacks!

Gentlemen, for example this quad rail muzzle brake is coming back any day now. It sears (& smokes) your various meats while you operate, plus it will go swimmingly with your fashion-forward and on-point snazzy quad rails on your handguard!

After your meats are smoked, use your handguard to grate some grana padano so fine your mother-in-law will never come back!

CEB8E3F0-82BB-4AAC-8826-8BD979A9EF14.jpeg

Matchy-matchy!

As a commenter said when seeing this excellent piece, “Somebody dial zero...because this is so operator.”

Do pick one up, dahlings.

Last edited:
I look forward to quads coming back, I never bought into the mlok. Frankly just when I ”discovered” Keymod it was going out. My Keymod stuff doesn’t loosen much but my quad never losens. I hope DD makes their light rail for large frames again, I’m buying two if they do.

Reactions: FUNCTIONAL
PWS makes a proprietary rail they call PicLok. I wish they made it for not only their other rifles, but for all rifles.

On the muzzle end, one can use the built-in flush picatinny mounts or bolt mlok right to them using the mlok bolts. And the rest of the rail is regular mlok (masochistic-lok) for hand grips, drink holders, dildos etc.

F86D4B47-6B3A-47D7-BF49-BAE6A258BA0C.png

Last edited:
I'm gonna start a new fad and make some out of actual cheese grater material - and just have it powder-coated black for the tacticool look....

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
I would argue in my Mick Dundee voice, "that's not a bipod". What I mean is you don't see B&T using an ADM QD MLOK adapter, if such an animal exists.
Good call. A real bipod like B&T wouldn't dare direct attach Mlok....

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
I'm gonna start a new fad and make some out of actual cheese grater material - and just have it powder-coated black for the tacticool look....

Genius! I'm just hoping we can beat this to market with my Arca quad fore ends, otherwise we don't stand a chance.
(Damn production delays. Six weeks trying to decide if it was "fore end" or "forend")

("Arca-Quad 4end"®) Pat Pend

As for cheese graters, I stippled a set of grips so aggressively that they were actually pretty painful to shoot with for quite a while till they wore in a bit and I got used to them. They never slipped in those hot sweaty July/August matches though. For years whenever anyone else held that pistol they'd say ouch.. how can you use this like this? I'd call them pussies and say "You got city hands Mister 'ooper, been counting money all your life!" ;)

Reactions: MadDuner
Mlok is cool, but I have had lights come unloose on them. Just last night I had to retighten an Arisaka light rail because it had come loose, and I tighten them snugly enough upon installation. Quads are just more simple. Yeah an Mlok is slimmer for my smaller hands, but I still prefer the functionality of a quad rail.

Either way, who cares, just go shoot.

Reactions: Simonsza1