• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why are quadrails making a comeback?

Just like anything else, stuff always comes back into fashion if you give it enough time.

Was thinking about this thread the other day while reading some stuff about impulse loads through fastening systems (work related stuff). I still think that its a case of “whatever you personally like better” with a slight factual edge to m-lok for most things, but for heavy items or calibers/rifles with particularly sharp recoil impulses I might be more likely to choose rails than I was last week

Reactions: ut755ln
I have a Quad rail rifle. Then my one 16 inch AR9 is picatinny on top and Mlok thet rest of the way around, and I have a 556 gun that is all Mlok with bits of rail added where needed. It does not matter for simple builds but if you're hanging more than a couple things off a gun the Quad rail is nice to bolt it all anywhere with no worries about trimming Mlok screws to avoid interferrence. You can bolt picatinny bits on and then hang stuff on that but I tend to have bad luck dealing with stuck screws trying to get those bits back off down the line if I want to change things around.They have been harder for me to break loose than accessories bolted to picatinny rails. I do rail covers on on used portions so comfort has never been an issue.

To add to the reasons from the above post, I'm wrapping up a large frame build and moving on to a small frame build next. I've pretty much completely decided on a full quad rail just because I just don't want to piss with Mlok anymore. It's like a game of Operation trying to hold those nuts 90* to the slots and screw in the bolt at the same time. Quickly gets redundant. Quad rails offer simplicity with attachments. Heavy objects like sights, lights, lasers, use picatinny rails for attachment while the smaller/lighter stuff like rail mounted vertical handgrips, barricade stops, sling attachments, etc.. are generally a couple bucks cheaper and more readily available than their Mlok counterparts.
I won’t go back to quad rail but I can’t Mloks are my favorite thing. They are like a dream of a person having a dream about something better but he keeps getting woke up before it’s finished.

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
I won’t go back to quad rail but I can’t Mloks are my favorite thing. They are like a dream of a person having a dream about something better but he keeps getting woke up before it’s finished.
Totally agree.

If you didn’t have to trial-and-error “time” the damn MLOK inserts in order to fit individual rails it would suck much less. Might even rock.

PWS has a cool combo MLOK/pic rail handguard that I could get behind. I think it’s patented and it’s called PicLok…the pic rail doesn’t stick out and it’s just at the end of the handguard.

They should make it fit other brands and they probably could make some coin.

Currently they produce it for just one model of their rifles.
1704401683794.jpeg

You can see the side and bottom profiles in the pic above.

Last edited:
I'm the only person I know who still wears a watch every day.
I wear one. So now you know 2 people.
Why ? I have a cell phone that shows time. In rural Montana the time does not always automatically up date. I have different alarms and dates set into my phone. I still check my watch, frequently. Sometimes those updates will alarm 15 minutes late.

I wear one. So now you know 2 people.
Why ? I have a cell phone that shows time. In rural Montana the time does not always automatically up date. I have different alarms and dates set into my phone. I still check my watch, frequently. Sometimes those updates will alarm 15 minutes late.
You live right on a time change line or something? Then I could see the time maybe flopping around. Maybe.

Otherwise I don’t get why a phone wouldn’t obey its own clock.

Edit: your phone’s internal clock must run quite slow, and your cell service must be really spotty. If you lose, like, one minute a day (for 15 days) and lack of service means the time won’t autoupdate/correct…is this what you’re talking about?

Last edited:
Totally agree.

If you didn’t have to trial-and-error “time” the damn MLOK inserts in order to fit individual rails it would suck much less. Might even rock.

PWS has a cool combo MLOK/pic rail handguard that I could get behind. I think it’s patented and it’s called PicLok…the pic rail doesn’t stick out and it’s just at the end of the handguard.

View attachment 8314272

At one point they made a version of this rail that used the BCM barrel nut. It was sold under the Bootleg Inc brand (owned by PWS).

Totally agree.

View attachment 8314272
Bootleg offered these for a while with the BCM style barrel nut and attachment method but they’ve been discontinued. I have one that I really like and would buy another if they were available.

You live right on a time change line or something? Then I could see the time maybe flopping around. Maybe.

Edit: your phone’s internal clock must run quite slow, and your cell service must be really spotty. If you lose, like, one minute a day (for 15 days) and lack of service means the time won’t autoupdate/correct…is this what you’re talking about?

It is what it is, so I wear a watch.

Reactions: rpoL98
Totally agree.

View attachment 8314272
Personally a fan of this one by Stag. Reasonably sure Aero is the OEM.

Woah, just noticed they're clearancing out the 16.5s ar $141...might need to grab another one.

Reactions: lash
Been getting into night hunting and been thinking about going with a quad rail. Constantly changing sling positions/bipod/tripod mounts etc
it makes a bit more sense for dedicated night rigs, since you know you'll be using a good chunk of the mounting space, especially if you're using a rifle mounted LRF in addition to NV aids.