• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Why are you impressed by the Saker 762?

bhunter

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2012
Im playing some devils advocate here....what are you impressed about the saker 762? FWIW I have a saker 556 that should be to me in the next few months. I need a 30 cal can but im not sold on this suppressor yet.

Its heavier then the SDN-6, $200-$300 more and the suppression numbers look to be very similar. I am a huge Silencerco fan ( I own an Osprey 9, and sparrow), but I am not getting the point of this one over the SDN-6.

For the AAC, you need access to the rear of the can to take it off. That poses a bit of a problem if your barrel is 3-4" under the handguard. The Saker is one handed for their Trifecta mount and with it being a compression mount with the three retaining tabs it should be much better than any AAC mount.

I have an older 18T AAC that is not compatible with any of their newer mounts and they won't do any upgrades to the older cans. The Saker is modular so, if any changes are make to the mount, you're not left out in the cold.

yup, their modular endcap is why its special. if youve already bought AAC or YHM mounts then you dont have to swap them. just swap the rear of the can. the mini flash hider looks good on the end too. i expect them to come out with a brake for the front at some point.

Saker 7.62 is rated to at least .300 Win Mag. pressures. Someone from Silencerco confirmed that fact in another thread:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...30288-differences-saker-762-vs-harvester.html

I could be mistaken, but I believe the AAC SDN-6 is not rated for the .300 Win Mag...again, I could be incorrect.

One other issue is customer service, I have read mixed reviews of AAC service, many good and a few bad.

I have ONLY read 'above and beyond what is expected' reviews for Silencerco service.

ALL things being relatively the same, that alone makes the decision easier for me between these specific cans. I am by no means an AAC hater, I have two of their cans and LOVE THEM both. The 7.62 Saker is likely going to be my fourth Silencerco can, Osprey .45 and a Sparrow II are in hand and a Saker 5.56 should be half way through hell.

Last edited:
Stellite baffles instead of inconel, the mounting system is superior to the 51t, unbeatable CS and .300 win mag rated. You can run a flash hider on the cap of the Saker as well if that matters to you.

The new baffle material is supposed to be great, I can't personally comment on it nor can anybody out there as there is not enough long term durability testing with it on the consumer market at this time. What I can say for certain is that it has a MUCH better mounting system than the AAC offering as let's be honest, 51T mounts suck balls. The options for mounting with the Saker are really what make it very attractive.

Cobalt-chromium alloys was an obvious next step for use in suppressors.

It's been around since 1912.

Wonder why it took so long?

The saker 7.62 is rated to 300RUM and any of the like calibers. The saker 7.62 weighs the same as the SDN-6. The modularity of this can is awesome. When you put a 5.56 front cap on the saker 7.62 we have had it meter 131.5 with XM855!!!

The saker 7.62 is rated to 300RUM and any of the like calibers. The saker 7.62 weighs the same as the SDN-6. The modularity of this can is awesome. When you put a 5.56 front cap on the saker 7.62 we have had it meter 131.5 with XM855!!!

I also thought the saker was full auto rated as well as able to handle sbr's. One of the main reasons I will/am looking at it for my next suppressor.

1) It's not an AAC ;)
2) It's not an AAC :D
3) Zero play at lock up on the mount
4) The interchangeable front cap that makes it even quieter than a 5.56 dedicated can.

I'm hoping that a front cap will be made available for other calibers such as 6.8 ... if not I'll be drilling out a 5.56 cap to use on my 6.8 SPC AR SBR.

OP, you're on the right track. The Saker happens to be popular to be all about at the moment.....and for no particular reason. At the end of the day you have to select a can based on what type of shooting you do and with what type of rifle you're using. Also note, there will be a shit-ton of people who read on the internet that a mount system sucked without knowing that the dumb ass that owns that suppressor failed to perform very basic maintenance to avoid that misfortune not to mention having any hands on experience themselves. I own a bunch of cans - AAC, Surefire, KAC, TBAC, SAS, etc)

And I can assure you that the 15k I have through my M4-2K without a single issue is no fluke. I can also tell you that the 131db reduction the Saker gives you on a 16" 5.56 is shitty when I get 129db on a 12.5" after 15k. Really? WTF?

My suggestion would be to buy a can for the rifle you intend to use it on. If you want to suppress two rifles of different calibers then buy two cans. Believe me, it's very worth it. I don't have a Saker, so I won't comment because I have no experience with one. However, I do have experience with a few of the many options out there that are nearly 1/2 POUND lighter than the Saker and "rated" up to whatever 30 cal mag you want to throw out there. If you're not shooting 308 full auto you need not worry about super Stellite 6 vs Inconel 718. It's like arguing about 1% milk is really better for you than 2%. No metallurgic reason to consider one better than the other unless you heat your shit up to 1600 degrees every time you go to the range. I run a titanium can on my 308, 6.5G and .338 Federal with a rate of fire that's plenty swift but have no issue with tolerances or sound suppression levels. What you think you need on paper isn't always what you wish you had after the fact.

I'd look at the SAS Arbiter & Resistor, all of the TBAC .30 cal options, the MK-13, the KAC QDC, AWC THOR, and the SF SOCOM before jumping on the Saker bandwagon. All are great cans and most have advantages over the Saker in some way shape or form.....

hey, just giving you a different perspective! ;-)

OP, you're on the right track. The Saker happens to be popular to be all about at the moment.....and for no particular reason. At the end of the day you have to select a can based on what type of shooting you do and with what type of rifle you're using. Also note, there will be a shit-ton of people who read on the internet that a mount system sucked without knowing that the dumb ass that owns that suppressor failed to perform very basic maintenance to avoid that misfortune not to mention having any hands on experience themselves. I own a bunch of cans - AAC, Surefire, KAC, TBAC, SAS, etc)

And I can assure you that the 15k I have through my M4-2K without a single issue is no fluke. I can also tell you that the 131db reduction the Saker gives you on a 16" 5.56 is shitty when I get 129db on a 12.5" after 15k. Really? WTF?

My suggestion would be to buy a can for the rifle you intend to use it on. If you want to suppress two rifles of different calibers then buy two cans. Believe me, it's very worth it. I don't have a Saker, so I won't comment because I have no experience with one. However, I do have experience with a few of the many options out there that are nearly 1/2 POUND lighter than the Saker and "rated" up to whatever 30 cal mag you want to throw out there. If you're not shooting 308 full auto you need not worry about super Stellite 6 vs Inconel 718. It's like arguing about 1% milk is really better for you than 2%. No metallurgic reason to consider one better than the other unless you heat your shit up to 1600 degrees every time you go to the range. I run a titanium can on my 308, 6.5G and .338 Federal with a rate of fire that's plenty swift but have no issue with tolerances or sound suppression levels. What you think you need on paper isn't always what you wish you had after the fact.

I'd look at the SAS Arbiter & Resistor, all of the TBAC .30 cal options, the MK-13, the KAC QDC, AWC THOR, and the SF SOCOM before jumping on the Saker bandwagon. All are great cans and most have advantages over the Saker in some way shape or form.....

hey, just giving you a different perspective! ;-)
Someone is pissy they spent a pile of money on shitty cans. Just because you have a pile of cans doesn't mean what is new to the market isn't better. Ive got quite a few as well, 6 in 30cal+ alone but Ill be buying a saker as well. The mount is truly better than the shitty 51t mounts Ive had to relieve the shoulder on and the numerous accounts of crappy 51t mounts you can find throughout the internet. If the 51t wasn't a problem why did AAC try to release a 90t 3 SHOT shows ago?

Something tells me you haven't seen the 7.62 saker metered with the 5.56 endcap on it where it handily outperforms its peers...

Youre also suggesting cans that aren't QD designs, cans that are hundreds of dollars more expensive than the 7.62 saker at $900, AWC is even still around? KAC for twice the price and less than stellar QD system, lay off the crack dude, it kills. Call it hype all you want, Ive shot it next to all the usual suspects including my own and is why Ill be buying one soon < insert winky face >

Last edited:
Someone is pissy they spent a pile of money on shitty cans.

Hmm. So to clarify, you're implying the KAC NT4, AAC M4-2k and MK-13SD, the entire line of .30cal TBAC cans, and the two larger 30cal variants in the SAS line up, and others with plenty of time spent in field use shitty cans? Good stuff here...

Just because you have a pile of cans doesn't mean what is new to the market isn't better.
Well why dont you do us all a favor and educate us on the metallurgic differences of Stellite 6 (or is it 21, wait...is it really Talonite?) and Inconel 716. Tell us what you saw in your extensive thermal fatigue testing. How does temperature effect the friction coefficient of each and how would that impact external ballistic performance and stability? Or would it at all?

Ive got quite a few as well, 6 in 30cal+ alone but Ill be buying a saker as well.
Why the F would someone buy 6 30 cal cans? I'm curious, what 6 30 cal cans do you have? Pic time!!!! You think I have a bunch of shitty cans lying around? Clearly, I am not the MFer with 6 cans in the same caliber. Try again my man.

The mount is truly better than the shitty 51t mounts Ive had to relieve the shoulder on and the numerous accounts of crappy 51t mounts you can find throughout the internet. If the 51t wasn't a problem why did AAC try to release a 90t 3 SHOT shows ago?
Why specifically are they shitty again? AAC didnt try, they DID come out with the 90T and it's a solid attachment mechanism. Again I say so based off or real experience rather than just typing some bullshit and assuming you'll take my word for it. Did you mean the 90T as in the Titan Mount or the MK mount? Either way, we're good here...

Something tells me you haven't seen the 7.62 saker metered with the 5.56 endcap on it where it handily outperforms its peers...
I believe I already addressed the lower DB reading of a pretty common 5.56 can on a rifle chambered in 5.56. Stop buying 30 cal cans and think about trading in one of your 6 for a 5.56 can. It's amazing how well shit works when its used on what it was designed to be used on.

Youre also suggesting cans that aren't QD designs,
Which cans am I suggesting that aren't QD again? Brake attach cans are just as fast to remove and install as are ratchet mount or any other attachment mechanism. Never mentioned a direct thread.

cans that are hundreds of dollars more expensive than the 7.62 saker at $900,
Wait....WTF? I thought you just said i had a pile of shitty cans? hahaha! i love when this happens....

AWC is even still around?
Yes, the THOR is pretty legit too...

KAC for twice the price and less than stellar QD system,
Fact Check: Assuming you're referring to the QDC you'd be incorrect if you are indeed stating that it runs $1800. Then again, this is starting to get pointless as their stellar QD system is very much so. However, lets be fair and allow you to elaborate on the short comings of the QDC mounting system. Go ahead....

lay off the crack dude, it kills. Call it hype all you want, Ive shot it next to all the usual suspects including my own and is why Ill be buying one soon < insert winky face >
Ill try to cut back brother. Thanks for hurting my feelings with that.

OP, check and see if there's a local silencer shoot in the near future. It has helped me hearing the different tonal variations in person and getting some hands on time with cans on different length weapons in different cals. That should help provide some clarity.

Not too bright are you sweetheart. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

If we were talking 2-3 years ago the cans you listed were at the top of the game, today theyre outdated and overpriced. Stellite, iconel, etc all within reason will last just fine. Most of that is marketing BS unless youre planning on full auto mag dumps. Please do your homework before spreading false information. Saker 7.62
Saker 7.62 Preview - YouTube
Your AAC
SilencerLab: Saker 5.56 Sound Test Comparison - YouTube
Two different meters but in the silencershop video the 5.56 saker meters at 138 in the silencerco comparison it meters 133(silencershop used an SBR). So in the silencerco video the saker 5.56 meters 1db louder than the M4-2000. The 7.62 saker with 5.56 endcap meters 4db quieter than the 5.56 saker so to say the 7.62 saker is a bad choice and the m4-2000 is quieter is just false. It also mimics what Ive heard in person which is why Im buying one. Nevermind the fact that the 7.62 specwar is quieter than its 5.56 counterpart and the specwar is widely regarded as one of if not the most quiet can on the market. Again failed logic and misinformation on your part.

TOMBs do not equal QD. The OP is talking about QD mounts, follow the bouncing ball. If he wanted a TOMB he would've asked about them but he didn't. I own TOMBs and QD cans, Im well aware of how they work and most other people are as well. Please tell me more how KACs goofy ball bearing locking mechanism is a more solid lockup than the saker trifecta at half the price and the specwar ASR at a third of the price, hell even the surefire socom mount. Ill wait. Is it just because you've got cans that have inferior locking mechanisms and you need to justify your purchase? Ive got a yhm ti phantom qd and I can admit its not a good system but I bought it 3 years ago when the 51t and the yhm qd ruled the roost in the QD game. Shit changes, new/better designs come out. The titan mount has been good but at 300 bucks per mount it damn well better be. 300 for a mount is ridiculous. The 90t MK mounts, where are they? They did try to come out with the 90t mount which will be on the SR5 and SR7 that eventually at some point will come out but they haven't yet. First announced at SHOT 2012, this is my favorite, who could forget a display version that you have to chalk between your legs to get to get undone before any carbon is even on it.
SHOT Show 2012 - New from Advanced Armament - YouTube
Mike Mers was a good sport about it though. So until the 90t cans actually hit the street and prove themselves, using the word "try" for a product first showcased two and a half years ago is pretty accurate. Oh and they'll be a couple hundred bucks more expensive than their saker counterpart, sounds like a winner to me.

AWC cans are loud, heavy, expensive and have crappy customer service. Whats not to like about them in addition to not being the type of can the OP is looking for? TBAC has great customer service but why pay a grand for a 30p1 when you can get a harvest for half the price, or their BA series when griffin armament makes the same type of can for 40% less? Again old guard cans that aren't bad but are now outdated and overpriced for what else is offered on the market.

Ive got 6 30cal+ cans because theyre all used for different things. I bought my ti phantom a few years back, I got a specwar for dedicated use on my 300blk SBR, griffin armament recce 7 for 223 ARs, my 6.8 SBR and occasionally my 308 bolt gun, griffin armament PHS338 for my 300wm and eventual 338LM, and the two that are in NFA jail. A harvester because its light and just an awesome can thatll probably replace my specwar on my 300blk but it wasn't out when I ordered the specwar, and Ive got a bowers vers 50 for some of my big bore toys. I see no reason to buy 5.56 cans when the latest and greatest 7.62 cans perform just as well as their 5.56 counterparts on 5.56. The 7.62 saker will be used on my 5.56 SBRs but should I want to use it on a 7.62 I can while actually gaining sound suppression on 5.56. Why would you buy a 5.56? Theres a reason silencershop has cut their 5.56 saker orders by half.

I know that's a lot of info to take in and the whole facts and logic instead of relying on feelings to make an argument can be hard to digest but give it a shot.

Well gosh snickerdoodle, I knew I was a little slow, but you've made me feel a lot better about that whole thing. I certainly like to read, but not nearly as much as you like to watch youtube vids.

So 2-3 years ago you had all the good info on the KAC QDC and the SAS Resistor? Damn brother, your crystal ball works really well considering they did not exist yet. Moreover, the 30 cal options in the current TBAC line up werent all around and the MK13 was just going through military trials. SF SOCOMs were only legit 2-3 years ago? Thats odd I didnt know anyone was wringing those out in 2011 and 2012. Ill go back and make sure to do my homework though. Now if you're referring to the M42k and the NT4, they certainly were around and are widely considered benchmarks with respect to suppressor design and decibel reduction levels - not that those would have anything to do with the OPs initial post.

I do love your selection of videos though (especially the one produced by the manufacturer of the Saker - f'ing brilliant move there) data you pick from each one that serves your purpose. A 7.62 can on a 5.56 is NOT quieter than a dedicated 5.56 can. Clearly, you do not own one. Lets fact fuck your little video display. Here is a link from silencershop comparing the obviously shitty, arachaic design of the M4-2k with the brand new, all go, bad ass new Saker 5.56. Range Time with the Silencerco SakerSilencer Shop

Hmmm, that's weird. Lets not even touch on the M4-2k's performance, but lets focus on the Saker 5.56 results. Notice the gun in the picture is the same exact gun you see in the video. This is further reinforced by the mention of the 12.5" barrel set up. What I fail to comprehend (i guess i do have comprehension problems) is HTF the 5.56 Saker metered an avg of nearly 139db in the video (starting at 2:01) but somehow managed to meter an average of just over 135db via the tests posted on the link with the same f'ing gun. Well, hell, thats pretty close the 134.1 they have the Saker 7.62 with end cap on the video, but still far from what the AAC turned out. Silencerco was stated as being with them at the range, right? Man, what a mystery. If testers managed to swap out the FH that gives you additional db feedback with the ding on metering equipment, they'd get a bunch more 128s, 129s and 130s from the M4-2k kkkiiiiiiiindaaa like these guys metering at 129.3 on a 16" carbine, 130.7 on a 10.5" H&K 416. Videos = Undeniable proof that whatever implications result from such footage must indeed be fact. Riiiiight...
HK 416 SBR Upper/Suppressor Question - Page 3
Masterpiece Arms MPA556S User Serviceable Suppressor - Testing and Comparison - YouTube

So I guess id like to pick the 129.3db reading and compare it to the 134.1 reading from the Saker 7.62 vid. Even with all of the comprehension issues - I still win! Why would you buy a 5.56 can? really Dbag? I would much rather carry a 17oz can that adds 5" to a rig of any length over a 21oz can 9" in length. I normally would just say, because dipshit i get 129db and i prefer that over 134. You have fun shooting really loud all the time with your heavier than F 20" rig. Sounds awesome! WTF would you buy a 21oz., 9" can when you can buy a 13oz 9" can, or a 12 oz 8" can, or ___________go on forever with countless better options here_______________....

Whats next? Ahh yes, mounts. Ill be quick - three things. 1- The OP never specifically stated he was looking exclusively for cans employing QD mounts (i COMPREHEND that the cans mentioned did employ such, yet there was no insinuation that it was a requirement), 2. i never said brake attach is QD. Re-read Mr. Reading Comprehenion. I said that brake attach are nearly as fast to change in and out as the various QD designs. Other than that every can i mentioned was QD. 3. Where are the MK 90t mounts? its almost like you bitch slap yourself all the way through your rant...

You mean those? I have three of them and bought my first one about 18 months ago. Its so fing long ago I can barely remember. But, hey, ill keep my fingers crossed for AAC to finally realease these damn things! You may think about getting a little edumication on what an MK13 is. Read this slow to ensure full absorption, the MK13-SD is a QD can using a 90t tapered mount. These cans have been out for quite some time but have been largely gobbled up into mil contracts the past couple of years. Probably because theyre so shitty though. "Try" again...

Per the KAC mount comment, clearly you're referring to the QDC which does have an outstanding mounting mechanism and coupled with the MAMS brake will prove to be extremely effective and tough to beat. Maybe that's why KAC is so backed up on mil orders at the moment and why you see so few KAC cans around. The NT4, however, as in the can I explicity showed in the pic that I do have, doesnt fit the description youve provided. Help me out here, where are there any ball bearings in a Triple Tap and NT4 attachement mechanism? How would you know I wasnt just using the modified A2 BC?
At this point youre starting to remind me of this guy.

You are right though. it was a lot to take in. A lot of bullshit, and fan boy ignorance. Maybe some other time we can talk about baffle designs - their effect on key performance indicators - and who knows, hopefully we can tie in some detail that is application specific so folks dont drop $1k and have to drag around a 3 foot, 12 pound block of iron for a rifle. oh, and please schnookems, do your homework before spreading all of this insane, misleading information.

Yours truly,
Ben Dover (cause you just took it where it counts)

Last edited:
....and my apologies bhunter for the direction the thread took. I swear i didnt mean it, but i cant help myself brother. Hopefully it's shown at least one thing though. IMO, there are a bunch of factors that come into play with weight, length, materials used (Grade 6 & 4Ti, Stellite, Inconel, etc) and the other aspect that isnt mentioned often - as its nearly impossible to empirically test unless you physically have one - is the patented baffle designs out there. For example, even though there was A LOT said about the M4-2k I actually dont prefer it (but it's a close 2nd). I prefer the KAC NT4 as it's signature sounds quieter to the ear regardless of it metering the exact same db level and occasionally metering .5-1db louder. The tonal variations coming off the baffles is what causes it. Hence, why I hate someone looking at a spreadsheet or video and using it as "proof" that something is better. The good thing is, is that there a ton of extremely good options and one that will certainly fit your application and preferences. Just dont buy anything based on a youtube video or what some guy on the internet is saying. Go listen to the guys in the field that feel their lives depend on them and incorporate what you think your application will be. That's traditionally where the best seperate from the good...

Last edited:
Ps 1 slow - apparently you are not aware of the AWC THOR Ti 19oz and very accurate. In fact if you search on this there are several that have them and put them in the top handful for accuracy.

The Saker is interesting. The only thing that counts is - is it as accurate as an SF? That remains to be seen.

Damn, I have a couple AAC cans but never knew suppressors could conceivably cause so much emotion in grown men.

image.jpg

...... Imagine if one could find a woman with as much passion for gun mufflers as some on here... But alas mine only gives a shit about original Paris mfr Louis Vuitton hand bags. Oh well.

Last edited:
But on a more serious note. I'm thinking of purchasing a Saker 762 but want to know if there will be issue using my existing 51T mounts on my rifles without wobble. I don't care to really swap 5 AAC muzzle breaks.

Last edited:
I like the Saker 762 because it's the same size/weight as an SDN-6, offers a better mounting system, and is rated up to 300 Howitzer.

I say this as an SDN-6 owner... but if the Saker 762 had been out when I ordered my SDN-6, I wouldn't have the SDN-6.