• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

wife said: no porsche, buy gun instead

match-grade

Private
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2006
Knoxville, TN
So, been looking at a porsche for a while and test drove one today. DAMN!

Wife was like, "really? NO!" then she was all like "you said we were paying off the house this year!!" damnit, she remembered, lol. '

Ok, so no pre-midlife crisis car, BUT, since its my birthday weekend, she said to go and buy a new gun instead.

So thats the problem. I don't what I would buy. Help me guys. Keep the caliber normal, 9mm, 7.62, 243, 22 etc.... some where in the 500-600 range.

COME ON, LETS SPEND SOME MONEY!!!!!

Re: wife said: no porsche, buy gun instead

Availability will be your primary limitation. Probably could pick up a lever gun or a used bolt rifle for that.

DTA SRS

Still cheaper than a Porsche

http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index...query=retrieval

Still cheaper than a Porche....
laugh.gif

Dude, your wife negotiated you down from a Porsche to a $600 gun... you need to spend that money on negotiation training.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude, your wife negotiated you down from a Porsche to a $600 gun... you need to spend that money on negotiation training. </div></div>

+10000 you must not have been married very long

For the rifle, what do you not have that you find yourself looking at more then others? What do you need, rimfire/centerfire?

What model did you test drive?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will sell you the porsche of rifles... An AIAE mkii in 243
laugh.gif
</div></div>
as a side note, I bought a super clean 86' 944 Turbo w/an extra transmission, wheels, & several boxes of misc parts for less then an AI w/good glass
smile.gif

Tell her you looked at some used Bushmasters with mags and decided that the Porsche would still be cheaper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell her you looked at some used Bushmasters with mags and decided that the Porsche would still be cheaper. </div></div>

Aint that the sad fucking truth.

GSG-522SD

Rock Island Armory 1911 for fun?? tinkering

Another Lower

HK P30, a bit over...

New Colt M45 (Scratch, think those were gonna hit 2 bills - teaser though)

The GSG would be the hands down fun purchase, that and a Red Dot for 600.....

PS - Hope you are not in legal, a negotiator or anything in between cuz u are a terrible negotiator with that type of info in the subject line......l o l )

get a 22 trainer. With your wife killing your bday budgets, it'll work itself out.

^ dont forget the 200$ tax stamp and wait period.

I would MUCH rather have a can than that pos.

Pay the house off and buy a Porsche, break the ole lady like a shotgun and show her whose the Boss, WTF man grow a pair(in a financially responsible manner).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^ dont forget the 200$ tax stamp and wait period.

I would MUCH rather have a can than that pos. </div></div>

yes a 200 dollars stamp but if he can even "think" of buying a new sports car and is already a home owner im sure 200 wont break his back

i knew once posting here someone would call it a "pos"

please go further and articulate all of your experiences with said piece of equipment that lead you to the conclusion that it is a in fact a "pos" I would love an in depth review

Seeing as how I drove a Porsche Caymen the other day and have been looking at cars since my current one is getting a little old, I have to say your negotiation skills are beyond horrible.

Not sure which Porsche you looked at but here is my thought process:

- You would be out 50-95k for the new Porsche
- You apparently need/want a new car
- You have the means of affording the 50-95k vehicle
- Wife says get a rifle/gun because she doesn't like the 50-95k price tag
- You try to cash in on this as you only focus on the low laying fruit, and are missing out on the charging bear running right at you.

Here's what you do.

You tell the wife that the 50-95k price tag on the Porsche is a bit high, yet you still need a car but are willing to compromise and you use these words exactly "doing this just for you, so that you aren't uncomfortable with this because I love you".

Now after some elated sex (because she thought she was getting out of this whole ordeal) you tell her that you are ordering a Mk12Mod1 upper and a KAC lower, as well as an Ops Inc suppressor and Nightforce 2.5-10 optic. This is what 'everyone else has' and is only around 5-6k, but will last forever and just imagine, we would have spent 50-90k on that car!

So it arrives, and its awesome. But, you still need a car; what to do......

Well, you say that you want to be reliable, dependable and don't want to waste money on electronic shit that will break in a year or fancy hipster gimmicks no one needs in a car; just like that irresponsible Porsche.

And that's why you're going to buy an all diesel H1 Hummer that you can snag online for 40k or less and have a combined expenditure of less than the Porsche, have a Mk12Mod1 and walk around with your balls attached.

The end.

I had the same situation a few months back looking at getting a Harley and the wife "preferred" I buy a Surgeon in 6.5 Creedmoor. So now it's just me, my Scalpel and my Jeep.

I vote some type of Creedmoor.

Good luck with the choices.