• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Will 22lr kill a Zombie

JG26_Irish

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2013
Morehead, KY
Hey, this is the stupid question section of the forum right? On the rimfire section one of the other members asked if it would be better to shoot a zombie with 22lr, 5.56mm or 9mm? Rather than perpetuate that question on the serious forum, I ask here? Will 22lr kill a Zombie? After Hornady came out with their wildly popular Zombie ammo, it has been a question worthy of asking. Personally, I would prefer a 45ACP, at least for CQB, but I am old school.

Maybe this is were all the 22 ammo is going??

Irish

Attachments

• Zom.jpg
    Zom.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 24
Hell no it won't and don't you listen to them lyin sumbitches neither. At a MINIMUM you should go with a 50BMG as it can carry a small payload such as the Raufoss rounds. Plus Barrett has decided to make a shorter barreled option for your CQB scenario (an essential consideration for bullshit zombie questions). For the long shots where you're holed up in a fort and need to reach out a couple of miles, the Anzio Ironworks 20mm or 50x20mm would be better options as well. Can't beat the ballistics of a GSC 1000+gr bullet going 3500+fps!

The question is bullshit and I suggest you find better things to worry/learn about (ballistics, reloading, etc.) than "preparing" for a ridiculous hypothetical situation that will never ever ever happen.

YES! A single .22 LR bullet fired into the skull of a zombie will ricochet off bone at least twenty times and instantly destroy the zombie's brain. If it exits the zombie's skull, it will also strike nearby unicorns and trolls for combo kills. Once the bullet strikes earth, it digs deep into the soil and falls into hell where it will begin killing hoards of demons.

Or not.

Damn!!!!!Really???What's up with all this Zombie bullshit anyway?? Wasting time and breath and brain cells on fiction. I don't get it.

Yes it will. In the book world war z a shot down pilot used a 22 to great effect. Sine that is the best zombie manual on record, it must be true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll tell you this for nothing, I've never seen a zombie that you couldn't kill with a headshot from a .22LR.

I can understand the OP's concern. I have traveled the entire US pretty extensively and the only place I have ever seen Zombies is in his state of Kentucky. And plenty of them at that!

22lr will kill a zombie...but only if you dip the bullets in fermented butt-juice first. Zombies hate that.

Yes a 22.lr will kill zombies. I see them everyday walking among us. Brainless souls who walk the earth.

How could you have possibly missed them in DC. They're everywhere. Hell, they fill up Congress and the Senate every day!
I can understand the OP's concern. I have traveled the entire US pretty extensively and the only place I have ever seen Zombies is in his state of Kentucky. And plenty of them at that!

Every time I REALLY need to kill some zombies, i just call my buddy who has a dragon. Just roast those mf'ers! And u don't have to dispose of the bodies and it smells like an antelope roast

OP, yes, it will.

I always wondered why the zombie nerds want huge machine guns and 12 gauge shotguns for zombies when all you need to do is shoot them in the brain. A shotgun sucks. Low capacity, high recoil, slower follow up shots. Machine guns are a waste of ammo and over-powered for the task, and .22LR is not guaranteed to penetrate the skull every time.

The perfect zombie gun would be a Glock 17 with a silencer, 30 round mags, an RMR reflex sight and subsonic 147 grain FMJ ammo (again, hollow points or ballistic tip ammo is a waste, you want penetration). Perfect for zombies or humans. Case closed.

Of course, the retarded thing is preparing for zombies at all. If that is the case, might as well stock up on silver bullets and wooden stakes, as well.

Last edited:
An edged weapon, preferably one that facilitates some standoff, is far more efficient a return on your investment... 22LR will only work if it is designated as zombie ammo... special heads ya know... and I have not seen any yet. I think if it is out there the zombies must be hording it along with the standard but useless 22LR as there is no 22LR to be found without a scalp used as payment.

Last edited:
And ...

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up which I shall not put...

Last edited:

Then you have never been to Oregon then. Portland, Eugene and Ashland are full of them. Just Sayin'...

i've found with my experiences with .22lr that werewolves and vampires are a totally different story.

though remington has the golden bullet, silver ones are hard to come by. a silver dipping coating helps to slow down, but not fully incapacitates WW and vamps. the coating on the driving bands accumulates in the land and grooves, which is harder to remove than the typical lead. this can result in deformation of the inner lead bullet and accuracy issues, and also runs the risk of the diameter of bore closing up causing stuck bullets and in rare instances over pressuring issues.

for vamps, a further widened lead hollowpoint .22lr filled with silver or holy water capped with wax is an alternative. Werewolves tend to need more silver mass to be effective, so the .22lr is not a good choice for this application.

this is why in the crypto wars of the 1600's vamps were considered then and now, pound for pound, to be a bit more frail and easier to combat as less silver is needed and holy water could be substituted to battle vamps. the catch is vamps are a bit quicker, and have the ability to compel or change form into bats. silver shot from 10 or 12 ga was preferred due to this advantage of vamps being able to transform from a ground war into an ariel assault - they were just easier to knock down.

on the other hand, the werewolf's coarse layering (much like roof shingles or even versions of today's layered body armors) of hair provided protection against the use of the shotgun. the shotgun metallurgy did not allow powerful enough charges in the platform to penetrate the hair, though the use of the blunderbuss became more frequent.

for the most part you will see most professional crypto soldier operators of the day carry a variety of weapons, including a blunderbuss that can be loaded with silver discs that would defeat both the layers of hair on werewolves by slicing through, and the slicing / knockdown nature of the discs provided a great defensive & offensive weapon on vamps.

another option is the silver tampon, made by Vampax, though only truly affective once a month and only on she-vamps. deployment is rather simple, load any dispenser in any wasteland during the cycle, and there is an automatic hands free reduction in population.

but compared to vamps and werewolves, zombies are mere childplay to the traditional & modern crypto warrior.

today's .22lr weapon of choice is obviously the 10/22, bright green, with sometimes a blue / orange / red colored accessory package that ranges from red dots and use of lasers (green of coarse) and lights. a 30 round stick / banana or 100 round "rams horn" mag are preferred, as the 50 round stick / banana mags tend to get in the way and reduces mobility in tight quarters such as drain pipes. usually afixed is a 5 foot bayonet, with ZbloodTM Splashguard installed on the lug.

so for zombies the .22lr is ok as long as you break the skull bone and enter the brain cavity (not to hard to do on Z's that are 2 weeks or more after turning as their bone loss becomes significant at that time). all other crypto creatures the .22lr is not so much as an all around applicable cartridge, except maybe for chupacabra while hog hunting in texas / n. mexico / arizona regions, this is why Aguila ammo was formed in native mehico.

in addition, the muscle tissue & bone density of the ape men (bigfoot, skunk ape, sasquatch, yeti, and so on) require the use of a more typical centerfire cartridge and tactics to increase penetration and reduce ricochet off the rearward sloping forehead if head shots are preferred or the only shot presented. more on hunting ape men:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/bear-pit/229694-bigfoot-finally-shot-during-hunt.html

i have no practical experience with banshee, gargoyle, or leprechaun.

Perhaps he's speaking of zombies in the Bob Hope sense. (Google is your friend if you don't get the reference.)

OMG this thread is funny, thanks for the laughs this morning.