• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Wolf hunting

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Anyone have recs for a guide that does wolf hunting in the western US?

Anyone done it? Thoughts ? Thanks

I went on a bear hunt in Idaho with this guy:
    He does wolf hunts also... you won't find a better guide!!
    DW

Reactions: deersniper

I think i posted a similar thread earlier this year. Received some feed back on outfitters.

Reactions: deersniper
    The outfitter above seems to know what he is doing by the descriptions he posts of his hunts, particularly the wolves. The wolves in my area also behave similar to what he describes. Wolves have huge territories and seem to make big loops looking for something to eat. You either have to have the time to wait until they are in your area, or get lucky and be there when they are. They are a pretty cool animal to be around, I sort of have a love/hate relationship with them. Few things in the wild give me the feeling I get when you hear a pack of wolves howling...

My suggestion, whom ever you go with always ask for a full disclosure and a list of past clients who you can contact and do, if you get a 100% super awesome report from all past clients, be cautious. If they wont provide these, go elsewhere.

Reactions: deersniper and BCX