• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Wonder Optics 4-14 x 50 or Super Sniper 10X

wilsoncs3980

Private
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2008
Dayton, Ohio,
Just got my new Rock River Arms A4 Varmint with a 20 inch barrel and need new glass for it. I've been roaming the forum looking for ideas and for my price range (500.00) or less. The SS and these new scopes from Wonder Optics don't seem too bad. Typically I stick with Leupold, Nikon, or Burris but money is a little tight at the moment. Nightforce, USO, etc... out of the question. Just bought a new house and the wife got downsized so I gota take it easy till things turn around. Does anyone have experience with both these scopes? Typically you get what you pay for with optics but some of the fellas on here really seem to like these two scopes. Just need a little push in one direction or the other. Thanks for your help. This is the best gun forum on the net.

Re: Wonder Optics 4-14 x 50 or Super Sniper 10X

I have heard theu have good customer service. Haven't seen one of the scopes in person yet. Another option is the Falcon. I like the 4-14 Front Focal Plane model with mil adjustments. Like to see one from Wonder myself. If you do get one, tell us what you think.

I ordered the W.O. because of the good stuff i have heard. The way i figure it they are a newer company w/ something to prove.

For me it was between the falcon and wonder, i didnt want a fixed power.

I hope i made the right decision.

Yeah, I prefer the variable power also. I plan on using this gun mostly for coyote and groundhog hunting.

I took my W.O. Tac to SWFA and compared it to the SS the other day. They are very similar to say the least. Clarity wise I could tell no difference. Hell they look as though they were built in the same factory !!LOL If you want variablle power go with the WO if you want fixed power go with the SS.

I posted this same question awhile back, wanting to see a side by side comparison of glass quality. Glad to see Brandon checked them out. I too wanted the varible and bought the WO. Mounted but havent tried it out yet. Glass is very clear, if I had a issue, its the reticle gets lost in certain light. Wish it was a little darker, but other than that all is good. Like the extra knob choices.

Just got off the phone with Matt at Wonder Optics. The W.O Tacs are currently out of stock but more are coming soon. If you get on the list you get first shot at the new scopes when they get here. I've decided to try the 4-14 on my AR.

Anyone tried the fixed 10X yet? Thats the true one to put beside the SS. Hope to hear if anyone is trying it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpcowboy5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone tried the fixed 10X yet? Thats the true one to put beside the SS. Hope to hear if anyone is trying it. </div></div>

I honestly don't think anything can compare to the SWFA SS in build and quality.

Just because wonder optics might be priced similar and has a fixed 10x, I believe that the SWFA 10x is still a much better purchase and more solid scope. It also in general has a strong reputation over the years compared to the newly found Wonder.

Hopefully they fixed the re-designed the 'wasers' under the turret caps on these new scopes...

Has any one done a range report on this? I am anxious to find out how it performs under range condition. Thinking of getting it for my .223 and my 22 LR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mr.rhtuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpcowboy5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone tried the fixed 10X yet? Thats the true one to put beside the SS. Hope to hear if anyone is trying it. </div></div>

I honestly don't think anything can compare to the SWFA SS in build and quality.

Just because wonder optics might be priced similar and has a fixed 10x, I believe that the SWFA 10x is still a much better purchase and more solid scope. It also in general has a strong reputation over the years compared to the newly found Wonder.

Hopefully they fixed the re-designed the 'wasers' under the turret caps on these new scopes... </div></div>

Why do you "believe" that? Please give us your full review of the WOTAC scope since you seem to have compared it side by side with the SS
smirk.gif
. Here's a hint, use this thread as a template for your "objective" review Falcon Menace

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: craigp40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mr.rhtuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpcowboy5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone tried the fixed 10X yet? Thats the true one to put beside the SS. Hope to hear if anyone is trying it. </div></div>

Hopefully they fixed the re-designed the 'wasers' under the turret caps on these new scopes... </div></div>

Why do you "believe" that? Please give us your full review of the WOTAC scope since you seem to have compared it side by side with the SS
smirk.gif
. Here's a hint, use this thread as a template for your "objective" review Falcon Menace
</div></div>

It's just an opinion, don't get all butt hurt about it.
I'm sure the wonder optics scopes will hold a good reputation, but I'd still go with the SWFA SS 10x due to it being and having the reputation that is has, a good priced scope, decent glass and fairly durable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon972</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Mr.rhunter just curious if you have used the W.O. Tac 10x yet ??

</div></div>

Since I live in Canada, it's pretty much impossible for me to get a wonder scope unless I bring it over the boarder. I'm just going by what I've seen and read on the internet from other people. Good and strong points on both scopes, I'm doing the same thing as if you were to compare a product online before buying it.

Research. Never did I say the wonder optics scopes are garbage/trash/etc... but I've played with my SWFA SS Scope recently and love it and the way its built compared to my Falcon Menace which is more expensive.

Obviously, I'd like to get a wonder optics down the road sometime to handle it and see it myself but that's something I'll have to focus on later down the road once they are more available.

I have a SS 10x, and have for roughly 4 years. Serves me well shooting prairie dogs and coyotes, rugged, and dependable. BUT, if you are going to use your rifle for larger game variable ranges, field of view and magnification are more than likely gonna be a factor for you. I would buy a variable if it were used for hunting and such. BUT, the fixed power is good for learning to range and so forth. Depends on the use, you could buy the fixed to practice with, and then save up for a NXS, Zeiss, etc. TETO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm just going by what I've seen and read on the internet from other people </div></div>

Im not trying to be a dick but from this statement I dont see how your opinion can be any help. I really like the ss and the WO for the price, but to give an opinon on what other folks have said just isnt relevant.

Wonder Optics may turn out to be shitt, (and they may)but at this point I dont think anyone knows !?!? I do remember when Tasco made the SS and allot of people turned there noses to them because they where made by Tasco. I bought one of the originals at SWFA the day I bought my Leupold M3. Are they comparable ?? Not too much. Now the SS have gone up in price and have a huge following. Are the a good scope for the money ?? YES !! Would I trade it for my M3 for a SS?? NO!!

Once again Im not trying to be a dick but if you havent put your hands on a product how can you give your opinion about the product. JMHO

WO...never owned, may never own one. Lets mount one on a 50BMG and see if it survives the ride. We know the SS will survive it. So I guess its apples and oranges.

The WO is now on my 7mm, no brake yet. Thats the best try I can give it. 30mph winds here kinda take the fun out of afternoon of shooting so havent tried it yet. Its no .50 and would like to see one tried as well. Matt said there was one on a .338 if I recall the conversation.
I'm not knocking the SS. Its developed into a good priced fixed power scope and yes I have tried them. I was looking for someone that still had one to put it beside the WO and see how the glass compared. I like the WO glass so far. I think until you handle the WO and "compare", you dont have shit to say about construction. If they have issues, they have warranty.
When the gentleman steps up and says hes got one in each hand, then we will hear his comments with true comparison.

I dont know if its a problem or could turn into a problem... but the one i have looks like a seal is krimped against the glass and the metal at the eyepiece.
Ill throw a pic up when i take one so you can see what i am talking about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdsii64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got back from the range with my Wonder optics 4-14x50 and I am completely sold on this scope. The adjustments are accurate and repeatable. The glass is as good(maybe even a bit better) as can be expected for a scope in this price range. I am one who prefers variable scopes over fixed power scopes. Not sure about a 50 cal but it rides my .308 all day long. I could go from the 600 yard line to the 200 and back and have perfect confidence that the round will go where the scope is telling me it will. Unless I suddenly become able to afford US Optics scopes, I will be buying another one when the need comes. </div></div>

This sounds like good info, and coming from a shooter who cares enough about quality glass to mention it in his signature, I think that says something. I want to get one because it's variable, but I also wonder why Super Sniper doesn't make a variable scope. Seems like that would be the answer to part of the debate...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EvilPistolGrip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This sounds like good info, and coming from a shooter who cares enough about quality glass to mention it in his signature, I think that says something. I want to get one because it's variable, <span style="font-weight: bold">but I also wonder why Super Sniper doesn't make a variable scope. Seems like that would be the answer to part of the debate... </span></div></div>

From what I've read on opticstalk, there has been a variable SS scope in the making for a while now.

Best is to check up on SWFA or Opticstalk every few months for any possible updates.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mr.rhtuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EvilPistolGrip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This sounds like good info, and coming from a shooter who cares enough about quality glass to mention it in his signature, I think that says something. I want to get one because it's variable, <span style="font-weight: bold">but I also wonder why Super Sniper doesn't make a variable scope. Seems like that would be the answer to part of the debate... </span></div></div>

From what I've read on opticstalk, there has been a variable SS scope in the making for a while now.

Best is to check up on SWFA or Opticstalk every few months for any possible updates. </div></div>

Sounds like good information too, I will definitely keep an eye out for that. Thanks.

BTW, as I am new to the optic world, is there any consideration to be given to quality in first run scope models? Like how with a good car manufacturer, you might want to see their new model go for a year first so they can get the bugs out. I know the mechanical differences between a car and a scope, but is there any similar sort of rule of thumb with scopes? Especially like here where Wonder might be adding a compound feature like variability? Just want to be practical about it. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EvilPistolGrip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like good information too, I will definitely keep an eye out for that. Thanks.

BTW, as I am new to the optic world, is there any consideration to be given to quality in first run scope models? Like how with a good car manufacturer, you might want to see their new model go for a year first so they can get the bugs out. I know the mechanical differences between a car and a scope, but is there any similar sort of rule of thumb with scopes? Especially like here where Wonder might be adding a compound feature like variability? Just want to be practical about it. Thanks. </div></div>

IMO this is what I was trying to say above. From what I've read on this forum or snipercentral, somebody got one of the first Wonder Scopes and under the turret caps...there were standard washers there. Ghetto for even a first batch design I'd think, but I believe they have seemed to correct that.

It's always good to wait for them to release their first product, 2nd updated and then 3rd. A good purchase would be the 3rd+ revision of the scopes as they will have had enough feedback to fix and correct mistakes and defects.

Falcon is doing the same with their scopes, for example:

4.5-18x56 has:
-Mushy knobs
-lines don't match up on knobs due to turret design
-2 piece body

but on their new updated models this April, they claim to have the mushy knobs fixed, the turret lines will match and the scope will have a 1-piece body.

So far these wonder scopes seem fairly good for the price. One thing I do like is their turret design, looks very grippy with gloves on.

Hey Mr.rhunter I have a question for you. Have you ever seen or looked through the glass of a WO ?? If not than I dont see how antything you say has any releviance, unless you say "I heard this......"

Wonders Optics may turn out to be shitt (and it maybee) but untill you have some first hand knowledge of the product, I dont see how your feedback can help.

Please post all the info you have from any forum about WO that you have, poitive or negative, but please dont give an uneducated guess !!

For the record, Im not sold on WO but I dont think anyone who reads this thread needs opinions from someone who hasnt even seen their product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mr.rhtuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EvilPistolGrip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like good information too, I will definitely keep an eye out for that. Thanks.

BTW, as I am new to the optic world, is there any consideration to be given to quality in first run scope models? Like how with a good car manufacturer, you might want to see their new model go for a year first so they can get the bugs out. I know the mechanical differences between a car and a scope, but is there any similar sort of rule of thumb with scopes? Especially like here where Wonder might be adding a compound feature like variability? Just want to be practical about it. Thanks. </div></div>

IMO this is what I was trying to say above. From what I've read on this forum or snipercentral, somebody got one of the first Wonder Scopes and under the turret caps...there were standard washers there. Ghetto for even a first batch design I'd think, but I believe they have seemed to correct that.

It's always good to wait for them to release their first product, 2nd updated and then 3rd. A good purchase would be the 3rd+ revision of the scopes as they will have had enough feedback to fix and correct mistakes and defects.

Falcon is doing the same with their scopes, for example:

4.5-18x56 has:
-Mushy knobs
-lines don't match up on knobs due to turret design
-2 piece body

but on their new updated models this April, they claim to have the mushy knobs fixed, the turret lines will match and the scope will have a 1-piece body.

So far these wonder scopes seem fairly good for the price. One thing I do like is their turret design, looks very grippy with gloves on. </div></div>

Secondhand opinions gleaned from the internet are a dime a dozen, and are unreliable at best. How 'bout you contribute your own opinions on things you actually have experiance using...

I'm sorry I can't remember what forum I read it on (somewhere that Mr. Wonder is a registered poster), but I swear that he was talking about the turret clicks himself, saying that he was addressing some comments he had received about the clicks being a bit mushy or having a bit too much play. He said it himself, so I think to comment on the same topic by others is not out of line. Mr. Wonder validated it. And I'm not trying to stir anything up, I just want to help the issue be discussed legitimately.

Also in my post I think I meant to say "where Super Sniper might be adding a compound feature like variability", not Wonder. I must've gotten them mixed up.