• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Woody's Designated Marksman Match Sponsored By DPMS October 25th Series Finale

I also had a great time. This was my first time shooting this match, and definitely plan to go to all the ones coming up in 2014. Thanks to Woody, Dave, and the rest of the crew for making this happen.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Just wanted to share a Stage 5 photo. RED SC and Turtlesniper

8091608af627e0224f0a9de2ead6f808_zps04004323.jpg

Shooters

Scores are up at the web site Match Info - Woody's Designated Marksman Match as well as some awesome pictures on Facebook site. I want to Thanks the RO's, Range team, Woodys brother for BBQ, Woodys Dad for allowing property use and especailly the shooters who make this event worth doing everytime.

Over the next week or 2 we will get info on the Hide/Facebook and Match web site for next years schedule and more info on our 1st PRS Match in 2014 on 3.8.14 and the 2014 DMM Point Series.

As a shout out to all of my fellow U.ncle S.ams M.is-guided C.hildren HAPPY Birthday!!!!!!!

Semper Fi

Shooters
Over the next week or 2 we will get info on the Hide/Facebook and Match web site for next years schedule and more info on our 1st PRS Match in 2014 on 3.8.14 and the 2014 DMM Point Series.
Semper Fi

Damn!!! I miss one match and now yall are goin all fancy on me and getting on the pro circuit!! I cant wait!!!!! Im about to shoot you an email Dave to find out all the details.

Woody I had a great time shooting the match yesterday, I look forward to shooting the 2014 matches and hopefully flying the drone for you guys in the future!

You bet! I think the drone was awesome!Thinking of a stage for next year where it will give some aerial views like no other. Looking forward to seeing all the footage from the match. Call me next week and we can talk about details. Woody

I had a good time yesterday. Finished smack dab in the middle of the pack. I don't think me and Gil did bad at all for first time shooters on a pick-up team.

Next time I'll bring my glasses, one type of ammo, and actual KD zeros instead of SWAG from a computer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

DAMN THAT WAS FUN!! I Can't wait until the 2014 DMM's in May, Aug, and Oct and the individual Precision matches in Mar (PRS Series), June, and Sept. Great match as always with a nice balance between shooting positions and target presentations. The BBQ was awesome as always. Thanks to Barry for taking some fine photos once again. I walked off without my camera Saturday morning. Special thanks to all the RO's and behind the scenes folks who make the match run smoothly.

Team Bunsen_PowerStrokeOBX with our game face on and a really well timed photo on Barry's part to get the target flash especially considering it took me three shots to connect with the 4" target at 154yds. :mad:

Hey I found a shemagh laying near stage 1 either this past summer or this the summer before, I can't remember. I asked around at the match but no one knew whose it was. Sorry I didn't think to post it here before now. If it is yours PM me the description and your address, I will mail it back to you free of charge.

Just wanted to share a Stage 5 photo. RED SC and Turtlesniper

8091608af627e0224f0a9de2ead6f808_zps04004323.jpg

We're secure in our manhood. :eek:

I'm telling you, that AI AW wants to come home with me. That's the second DMM in a row my rifle has gone down and I finished the match with her, she wants to come live in my safe...

Also- great match as always, Woody. Thanks for the work to put it on, we're already getting ready for the next one.

Hope everyone had a great Thanks Giving! Dave and I met today to discuss details for the 2014 schedule. Will be posting Dates for both the Designated Marksman Matches and Precision Long Range Matches soon.Also look forward to the PRS Match in March. DMM equipment, rules, penalties, and scoring have been updated from shooters input at last years matches. 2014 looks very promising for the match and also for the range as things move forward toward next year. We also set some dates for a range day for folks to come out and shoot a few stages and have use of the benches to get dialed in. As always would like to thank all the the shooters, ro's and staff members for make 2013 a great year at Woody's !!! Be safe in your Holiday activities and travel from the team at WHRC!

Last edited:
Looks like a strong season for matches at the farm to include a PRS match on 3.8.14 (more details to follow). Over the next month we will be posting schedules, FAQ's, rules, sponsor pages and all of the normal stuff needed and new items with the matches going to the next level in 2014. Both Woody and I will be at Shot working to grow the sponsor list for the DMM, PRS and Indovdual matches.

I hope everyone has a great and safe Christmas season and I look forward to seeing you "Down on the Farm" in 2014

We are Pleased to announce the 1st PRS match on the east coast for the 2014 season is coming to Woody's! March 8th-9th Registration is OPEN now. A bunch of the past participants have asked us and PRS to hold one and we are excitied about hosting our 1st PRS at the farm.

Look forward to seeing you all in March

How do I register? I'm all in for this

Shooters

Registration is now live for the 1st Match at the farm for 2014 and it is a national level 2 day PRS match that will have a prize table. You can register at the web site Register - Woody's Designated Marksman Match or you can go direct to Registration: Woody's Rifle & Hunt Club Matches . Over the next month or so we will be adding match details, rules/equipment (for all matches) and round count. The round count will likely be a min or 100 rifle over the 2 days. The match fee will include a match T-Shirt as well as BBQ on Sunday during the awards ceremony. For those of you unfamiliar with the PRS Series you can go to this link PRS: Precision Rifle Series for more information. The PRS staff will be opening up membership registration in Feb post the Shot Show

In addition to more details on the PRS Match in March I will also be working to get details of all of the 2014 matches and a couple range days for 2014 so you can plan for them. Woody and I will be at the Shot show meeting with our normal sponsors as well as some very promising new ones which should likely expand the various prize tables for 2014

Look forward to seeing you all at the farm in 2014

Semper Fi

Dave

The PRS site is not up to date. It references 2012 as now and 2013 as the future. There is one page that lists 2014 matches.

I would like to know a lot more before spending $175.

The PRS site is not up to date. It references 2012 as now and 2013 as the future. There is one page that lists 2014 matches.

Feel free to send me your contact info in a PM I am happy to discuss and give back ground on PRS and also matches at Woodys

Feel free to send me your contact info in a PM I am happy to discuss and give back ground on PRS and also matches at Woodys

As far as the PRS series goes, $175 is about $100 cheaper than most PRS Series match, and the only local PRS in 2014. Info about the PRS Series can be found on their web page. That being said I'm all in and can't wait!!

I would still like to see the format and rules posted. PRS is still in Mr. Peabody's Way Back Machine.

Shoot me a PM with contact info I am happy to discuss on phone or if you are local to the area F2F. It takes a little more than 5 minutes to upgrade an entire web site and post all the data. That said (again) I am happy to discuss off line since it is obviously a big concern for you to understand rules and format.

You may also want to review these posts as they are similar formats http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...ap-grind-hosted-k-m-***results-photos***.html , http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...recision-rifle-series-events-club-series.html as well as the web sites of the other venues that hosted matches in 2013 it is a wealth of strong data, pictures and comments

Hope this is helpful and I look forward to haering from you

Dave

#59 Myself. we have a group of seven signed up to be coming from indiana. Can, t wait. 2 of us in the group have never shot a large match only small local match here at home. I'm running a 260 in a rem700 action in an ai stock with a razor 5-20. A much needed improvement over my 20" 308. Is there anything specific you all recommend I will need when it comes to equipment. I have a bushnell elite 1500 rangefinder. Atlas bipod rear rest bag. Eberlestock gunslinger two pack.

#59 Myself. we have a group of seven signed up to be coming from indiana. Can, t wait. 2 of us in the group have never shot a large match only small local match here at home. I'm running a 260 in a rem700 action in an ai stock with a razor 5-20. A much needed improvement over my 20" 308. Is there anything specific you all recommend I will need when it comes to equipment. I have a bushnell elite 1500 rangefinder. Atlas bipod rear rest bag. Eberlestock gunslinger two pack.

Over the next month or so we will be adding rules, FAQ's, recommended (and any restricted) kit and other details. Looks like you have top quality kit so I suspect you will be good to go!!!! Look forward to meeting ypu and the others from IN and we appreciate you supporting the venue. You can also e-mail me [email protected] with any questions I try to respond very quickly

Have a GREAT weekend

Dave

Over the next month or so we will be adding rules, FAQ's, recommended (and any restricted) kit and other details. Looks like you have top quality kit so I suspect you will be good to go!!!! Look forward to meeting ypu and the others from IN and we appreciate you supporting the venue. You can also e-mail me [email protected] with any questions I try to respond very quickly

Have a GREAT weekend

Dave

Ok. Thanks for the quick reply. The wait is gonna be a long three months.

#61, this will also be my first large match. Rifle will be the same a Precison308's except for a Bushnell G2DMR once its built. I have a few odds and ends to grab before hand. Looking forward to the new rifle and making some large matches!

Sent from my IPhone 5S.

Sent a PM for more info. REALLY curious about a match like this. Don't know anything about PRS or other "practical" long range/precision matches, but it sure sounds fun.

Sent a PM for more info. REALLY curious about a match like this. Don't know anything about PRS or other "practical" long range/precision matches, but it sure sounds fun.

Make sure you have good dope and a reliable kit you'll have fun. If you get squad 1 I can help you out. I'm no pro shooter but I know what NOT to do.

I'm in! Gonna jump in with both feet (probably over my head) and give it a try. Looks like too much fun to pass up.

Thanks Powerstroke. It helps to learn from others mistakes, but your squad is full so I went to squad #5.

Something I can't figure out is, if it's a team competition, why are the numbers odd? For example, squads are limited to 15 shooters, so how can you have 7 teams and an odd man out, and if the number of entrants is modified to 125, you're going to have an odd man out again. Can someone fill me in on what I'm missing?

Last edited:
I'm in! Gonna jump in with both feet (probably over my head) and give it a try. Looks like too much fun to pass up.

Thanks Powerstroke. It helps to learn from others mistakes, but your squad is full so I went to squad #5.

Something I can't figure out is, if it's a team competition, why are the numbers odd? For example, squads are limited to 15 shooters, so how can you have 7 teams and an odd man out, and if the number of entrants is modified to 125, you're going to have an odd man out again. Can someone fill me in on what I'm missing?

This is an individual match