• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Woody's Designated Marksman Match Sponsored By DPMS October 25th Series Finale

How did I get the impression it was a team match?!? Oops, well, it'll still be fun I'm sure.

We also hold team matches at Woodys and the schedule for the series of those we are running are on our web site Schedule - Woody's Designated Marksman Match . Those matches are designed more around the Designated Marksman kit and distance to about 650yds with heavy improvised postional shoooting on a clock

Look forward to seeing you in March and likely the other matches with the rest of us addicts

only 10 slots left before we go to a waiting list. It looks to be a strong field and design has begun

Looking forward to seeing you all at Woodys

Squad five is where most of us Indiana boys are. We will give you a hand.
Like what...applaud every time I miss? Just kidding.

All I ask for is patience with a noob. I've been in squads in 3-gun competitions with a couple of new shooters mixed with veteran shooters and the veterans' impatient attitudes showed. It isn't pretty when that happens.

I'll be all eyes and ears. Thanks for the offer of help.

I don't think you will find that attitude to often in the precision rifle community. We were all "noobs" at one point. Like 8541, I'm in squad #5, I'll be glad to help.

All I ask for is patience with a noob. I've been in squads in 3-gun competitions with a couple of new shooters mixed with veteran shooters and the veterans' impatient attitudes showed. It isn't pretty when that happens.

Your not going to be the only new guy, I am also in squad 5 and this is my first big match. I have only seen guys willing to help you learn in local matches.

Sent from my IPhone 5S.

7mmrm is GTG and has a lot of knowledge to offer. If any of you guys need any advice feel free to ask us. I will be more than willing to help you to the best of my ability, and so will Isaac (7mmrm)

I don't allow folks with attitudes in the gate! Haven't had that problem yet and don't expect it to happen,but if it does the gate will be where I point them to. With all Seriousness set a side I promise you will have a Great time and sure that you will walk away with lots of Encouragement.

Can't wait till January 14th to make a "Huge" announcement about our title sponsor for the DMM Series for 2014. This is going to be announced by the sponsor at Shot Show on media day. Will be launching a new website as well at the same time. woodysmatch.com. I think it will be a shock to the shooters that have been with us since the beginning of how large of a comment this company has put on the table. Looking forward to meeting and seeing everyone in March. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Woody

Woody and Dave definitely run a quality match!! Every person I have ever met out there went out of their way to help you. Enjoy and expect to walk away with new ideas for what you need to work on for the next time. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Squad 5 here as well.. Happy to help you out.

Anybody else here in squad 3?

Shooters

The new registration applicationwe have now (great tool) allows for you to move yourself between squads on line using your pin # sent to you onve confirmed for the match. If a squad is full (15 members) you will not be able to adjust.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Woodys in March

Have a Merry Christmas

Dave

Yes, but those are their real names. I only know a lot of people here by their screen names. Just seeing if any of the real names I didn't recognize on my squad corresponded to screen names I know here.

BTW, that tool is great.

Hmmm when did you guys get your squad assignments?

When you register you can squad yourself with fellow shooters and friends. It's in the sign up program. Will allow folks to handle it so we as match directors don't have to sort it out. Once it is set on total shooters in a squad it won't allow overfilling a squad.Dave and I stride to make our matches run as smooth as possible form start to finish using all the latest ideas and technology. Woody

I just registered and I am on the wait list so hopefully a spot opens up. This will be my first PRS match and third overall so it will be a significant learning curve if I get a spot.

Woody, any idea when the rules and minimum necessary equipment will be posted? I'm trying to decide if I need a sling or not. Don't want to spend money on something I don't really need.

Thanks for all of the offers of help. I have no doubt I will actually take you guys up on those offers. If you look at the roster for #5, you'll be able to figure out which one I am. Both my brother and I will be new shooters to this type of event.

When you register you can squad yourself with fellow shooters and friends. It's in the sign up program. Will allow folks to handle it so we as match directors don't have to sort it out. Once it is set on total shooters in a squad it won't allow overfilling a squad.Dave and I stride to make our matches run as smooth as possible form start to finish using all the latest ideas and technology. Woody

Gotcha thanks.......and suddenly looking at the Roster.......I just got a major kick in the ass to train :)

Well i hope a spot opens up. Taking Rich's suggestion and gonna try this as my 1st match.

Adam, I am thinking we may get in. There are several squads that aren't "full" with a full 15 so I am hoping that after Christmas we will get emails for paying or entry fee then we can drop in. Maybe completely wrong though in the same breath

Well i hope a spot opens up. Taking Rich's suggestion and gonna try this as my 1st match.

Check your email Adam, I just got the invoice and paid so I am in, I think lol. The wife started in right off the bat when I told her I needed 175 to go shooting. I gave her, her Christmas gift early and she smiled and said to spend what I needed to spend lol

Check your email Adam, I just got the invoice and paid so I am in, I think lol. The wife started in right off the bat when I told her I needed 175 to go shooting. I gave her, her Christmas gift early and she smiled and said to spend what I needed to spend lol

You guys made it just in time we are no in the waiting list mode. Always good to get a nod from the CFO (alias wife) at least in my place

Look forward to seeing you at Woodys in March

Woody, any idea when the rules and minimum necessary equipment will be posted? I'm trying to decide if I need a sling or not. Don't want to spend money on something I don't really need.

Thanks for all of the offers of help. I have no doubt I will actually take you guys up on those offers. If you look at the roster for #5, you'll be able to figure out which one I am. Both my brother and I will be new shooters to this type of event.

Rules will be posted on www.woodysmatch.com within the next week. Web site will be going through some changes between now and Shot Show. It's always nice to have a sling in any match. Slinging a rifle at the pistol/ rifle stages are going to be a advantage if you have one. We will list some equipment/ kit suggestions with the rules. This will help direct some of the new shooters as to what to bring. Woody

Got it and paid. So pumped for this.

Is there a place at woody's where I can setup a tent and bathroom facilities with showers? Trying to keep cost down for the weekend.

Is there a place at woody's where I can setup a tent and bathroom facilities with showers? Trying to keep cost down for the weekend.
Go to web page. Right hand side click on accommodations. You will see Dickens RV park it's about 3/4 miles from my place. The guy that owns it his name is Kent. This place is nice and he lives there as well. Everyone looking for a hotel to stay at the Holiday Express will give you a discount if you say you are coming in town for the shooting match. Cherry is the contact and should be giving us a link to check in on our web site soon. If you have question email me and we can get you set up there. Woody

Dickens RV is only going to be $20 a night that time of year. Me and the wife will be pulling the camper up as well.

Woody, just a FYI the camp grounds website does not work so you may want to change yours to show there phone number.

Tech nerd here, Added the phone number to our site for Dickens RV park,
$20/night, their other phone number is (919) 708-8207

Last edited:
Is there a range close by to confirm zero before the match or a time set for this? Last time I travelled from sea level of SC into Ohio I had quite a POI shift don't want to be shooting with a bad zero.

Is there a range close by to confirm zero before the match or a time set for this? Last time I travelled from sea level of SC into Ohio I had quite a POI shift don't want to be shooting with a bad zero.

Too bad Charleston has no good places to practice, at least nothing I have found in the time I have been here.

Too bad Charleston has no good places to practice, at least nothing I have found in the time I have been here.

Yeah its pretty bad. Palmetto gun club has the last weekend of the month F class match but getting in as a member is a pain and a long long waiting list. Are you going to the match on the 8th and 9th Knight? I just need to check my zero and would be nice to verify dope at 800-1000.

Yes we will have a zero range setup Friday. Will be able to to confirm your zero to a 100 yards. It will be available after 12:00.

Will be posting this week that we will be having a range day on February 22nd. I know some folks are a bit of away out but this gives folks time to check things out then go back and adjust if needed. This is just a range day for confirming dope out to around 700/800. Don"t expect any hints of stage design. Stages of fire will not be set up till after that date. Will be checking back in to answer any questions. Thanks for everyones participation and have a Happy New Year from Dave and I!!! Woody

Last edited: