• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Woody's Designated Marksman Match Sponsored By DPMS October 25th Series Finale

Found the invoice in my junk mail. Paid up and ready.

Shooters if you have not paid nor gotten a registration invoice please check your junk e-mail box. It looks like a bunch of folks e-mail sent it there. We need to get your registration in by 1.20.14

Heading to Shot next week with Woody to check out new kit and chase sponsors. ANy of you with any possible sponsors contacts or suggestions they are always appreciated and all the prizes benefit you the shooters

Have a GREAT week and stay warm

Open Range Day at Woodys 2.15.14 Registration Required Register - Woody's Designated Marksman Match . Range for normal areas used for stages with steel placed as well as range steel from 100 to 600 yds at the benches from 9 am to 4 pm. Cost is $35 per shooter for those who have shot the matches previously or registered for *** and $50 per shooter who is new to Woodys DMM or Precision Rifle Matches.

If this works well we will have a couple more in 2014 for folks to come confirm dope and gets some practice in at distance.

See you in 2014 at Woodys

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of folks have been requesting a day to come get dope and practice past the normal 200 to 300 yds typically max on home ranges. Hopefully this works well and a couple more can be held during the year.

I'm going to complain a little here to ya'all and maybe get a suggestion from you guys. I can't get up to Woody's for the range day, its just to far away. And I am screwed timing wise! I sent my razor HD scope to vortex to have the new eye box put on and when they sent it back they said that they found a problem with the elevation turret and changed it. So now I have lost damn near a years worth of data, I don't know what was wrong with it since it was consistent 32.5 minutes for 1000 with a 6.5 creed with 140 Amax's at approx. 2800 fps. I absolutely have to find someplace to get some data here in SC, a range here locally that is private with membership runs F-class matches at 600 and 800 the last weekend of the month so I am going to try and weasel myself into a match if I can find someone that knows someone that can possibly get me in. I just don't want to show up to a big boys match with no validated data with on my rifle. Rant over my apologies lol

I'm going to complain a little here to ya'all and maybe get a suggestion from you guys. I can't get up to Woody's for the range day, its just to far away. And I am screwed timing wise! I sent my razor HD scope to vortex to have the new eye box put on and when they sent it back they said that they found a problem with the elevation turret and changed it. So now I have lost damn near a years worth of data, I don't know what was wrong with it since it was consistent 32.5 minutes for 1000 with a 6.5 creed with 140 Amax's at approx. 2800 fps. I absolutely have to find someplace to get some data here in SC, a range here locally that is private with membership runs F-class matches at 600 and 800 the last weekend of the month so I am going to try and weasel myself into a match if I can find someone that knows someone that can possibly get me in. I just don't want to show up to a big boys match with no validated data with on my rifle. Rant over my apologies lol

I hear ya and feel so lucky to be able to shoot @ Woodys so close as it is maddening how hard it is getting to find somewhere that is past 100 yds and/or does not have the range nazi's. Hoppefully one fo the other regulars to the match from SC have a secret spot

Are you left handed?

Can someone from woody's please contact me about the possibility of dropping from the match? My air handler took a crap and I can't justify spending money on shooting when I have to repair my unit. Jordan hopefully you get my spot!

Did any further match info go out? I thought I read somewhere there may be a packet to be sent out. Also I see the previous matches at this venue went out to 1k yards. Is that the max for this match also?

Did any further match info go out? I thought I read somewhere there may be a packet to be sent out. Also I see the previous matches at this venue went out to 1k yards. Is that the max for this match also?

Both woody and I are at Shot in Vegas. The match packet will go out much closer to the match.

I don't know what number I am on the shooting list, but the MARE swears I'm number 1. I can't wait for the match. I'm bringing my Hi-Point carbine with 4x Tasco scope. I'm even bringing my Hi-Point pistol in a drop leg rig for the stages that requires a pistol. I studied on whittling me some shooting sticks but just don't have the time. So, if anyone has problems with their kit or equipment, I'll be happy to let 'em borrow mine.

WooHoo it's getting close. The Horse is really looking forward to the match. Any of you guys that are a little nervous about it being your first "big" match, don't worry just breathe. You'll be fine one way or another. If you're smart you'll learn from your mistakes, watch and listen to others, and have fun. The folks are usually very very nice and very helpful. Besides if someone acts stupid or wants be an a_shole, well then Woody, Dave, or both of them will tell them to leave. Then if they won't, they will put the Colts on them!

This is going to be fun!

Getting close to the match and things are shaping up well! A few folks will get reminders to pay by 2.1.14 so some of you on the waiting list may still have a shot.

Look forward to seeing you at Woodys

Is a sling going to be required? And do you have a estimated round count? Sorry if I have missed this info if it is already posted. I have looked at the requirement and gear sections of the web site and don't think I found my answers.

Thanks,

NUTT

Is a sling going to be required? And do you have a estimated round count? Sorry if I have missed this info if it is already posted. I have looked at the requirement and gear sections of the web site and don't think I found my answers.

Thanks,

NUTT

Slings are not required but extremley recommended for any of these type of matches. Actual round count will go out in shooter package once design fully completed but I would at a min recommend 125 to 150 rifle and 50 to 75 pistol as a baseline in advance of any match like this with a 2 day venue

Hope this is helpful

Meanwhile, Red sits patiently on his hands, hoping Ionbond comes through on his new action...

Shooters

The few folks that have not paid registration yet have been sent reminders. Anyone not paid by 2.2.14 will go back on the waiting list and a few of you that have been waiting will have an opportunityto get in.

The design is really shping up and those of you who have shot at Woodys before have some surprises headed your way. Some may wish the 2"x4" returned vs new items added....

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Slings are not required but extremley recommended for any of these type of matches. Actual round count will go out in shooter package once design fully completed but I would at a min recommend 125 to 150 rifle and 50 to 75 pistol as a baseline in advance of any match like this with a 2 day venue

Hope this is helpful
Dave has post this several times as match gets closer we will give required hits. You can plan on 150 min. Rifle and about 60 min. Pistol. That's a guarantee.

There's pistol stages as well? Any requirements on holster type? Does the pistol have to be carried and holster the entire match?

There's pistol stages as well? Any requirements on holster type? Does the pistol have to be carried and holster the entire match?

Pistol is integrated into some stages. We do not have a holster requirement/approved list but the typical type used for USPSA, IDPA (OWB), 3 Gun, Military, LE, etc typically work fine. It must keep the firearm from falling out (DQ) and cannot cause you to break 180 rule.

All your kit needs to be with you at the match

Hey if anyone is interested in spitting a room let me know. Trying to keep some costs down.

Just moved 6 shooters back to wait list that had not paid and moved 6 more into the match from the wait list. SO if you recieved match entry please if you did not get payment request check your junk mail and/or reach out to me direct via PM, [email protected] or 919-906-4932

Look forward to seeing you at the match

Branson. The match is getting close and I was wondering if you had made any headway on discounted rooms???

Branson. The match is getting close and I was wondering if you had made any headway on discounted rooms???

Shooters

Once we get a discount code it will be web posted. That said you can call Cherry at the below and get a discounted rate.

Cherry Champion
General Manager
Holiday Inn Express, Apex NC
919-387-3636
Fax: 919-387-9969

Look forward to seeing you all at the WHRC in a few weeks

Dave

Shooters

Registration for the 5.3.14 DMM is now open on our new and improved web site (if you like it lets us know on Facebook).

The DMM will be a best of series event for 2014 for the prize table at the last DMM Match for 2014 (details to be updated on web site soon). In addition DPMS is our Title Sponsor for the DMM for 2014 so watch the web site and Facebook for more details in the coming days.

Below are a couple key notes to remember for registration:

This is a team match so in the comments section put your partners full name and e-mail address (very important)
The match registration is on the registration tab and you pull down the appropriate match to enter
Registration invoice will be via PayPal if you do not receive one at about the same time as confirmation check your junk file. If you still do not receive one please send me an e-mail [email protected]
The team registration fee is due from the member that signs the team up
Space is limited
The match will use the “T Time” approach as has been done the last year or more
Match T-Shirts and BBQ are included in the registration
Rules and recommended kit are on the web site
Look forward to seeing you at the matches in 2014

Semper Fi

Dave

Shooters

Registration for the 5.3.14 DMM is now open on our new and improved web site (if you like it lets us know on Facebook).

The DMM will be a best of series event for 2014 for the prize table at the last DMM Match for 2014 (details to be updated on web site soon). In addition DPMS is our Title Sponsor for the DMM for 2014 so watch the web site and Facebook for more details in the coming days.

Below are a couple key notes to remember for registration:

This is a team match so in the comments section put your partners full name and e-mail address (very important)
The match registration is on the registration tab and you pull down the appropriate match to enter
Registration invoice will be via PayPal if you do not receive one at about the same time as confirmation check your junk file. If you still do not receive one please send me an e-mail [email protected]
The team registration fee is due from the member that signs the team up
Space is limited
The match will use the “T Time” approach as has been done the last year or more
Match T-Shirts and BBQ are included in the registration
Rules and recommended kit are on the web site
Look forward to seeing you at the matches in 2014

Semper Fi

Dave