• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Woody's Designated Marksman Match Sponsored By DPMS October 25th Series Finale

I see that these are unlimited on round count but how many rounds does it usually take to run the match

It depends on how well or poorly you shoot, but a clean match is typically 30 rounds of rifle. I usually bring 100-125 rounds in case I have on off day or I have to reshoot a stage.

The boys with the gas guns will some times walk there rounds in like artillery too so I think some of them tend to go through more ammo.

You know--pow--pow--pow--pow--hit--next target! :).

You know--pow--pow--pow--pow--hit--next target! :).

I was behind one at that 620-ish one on Stage 3 (IIRC) that had nothing but trees behind it... theirs went more like:

Pow..Pow..Pow...I got nothing..@##@%^&@..Pow..Pow.Pow.. Anything?..Nope..Pow..Pow .. @#!%##@%#.. Pow.. Pow. Mag Change.. Pow.. Pow.. BEEEEEEP

Mine was much quicker:

Pow... WT$@$^$^@@@.... Pow .... Hmmmmmm Pow..... Wheere are they going? No Idea... Pow.... BEEEEEEEEP

Thats my secret to keeping the round count REAAAAAL low! ;o)

Bunsen said it best... Plan for the worst... Hope for the best.. You can always take the extra home with you!!

Cheers!

KS

Last edited:
I run a gasser. I try to make first round hits but sometimes it's hard to given the stage. I like the fact that I'm right back on target if I miss so I can send another.

I run a gasser. I try to make first round hits but sometimes it's hard to given the stage. I like the fact that I'm right back on target if I miss so I can send another.

and another, and another...

I kid as you hit more targets than you miss and typically slow yourself down after a second miss. :) Most folks typically speed up with each miss.

Hey Dave,
I lost my partner to another shooter... He wants to shoot with his son. Has anyone been lookin to team up? I might could swing it if there's any openings...
Wayne

Hey Dave,
I lost my partner to another shooter... He wants to shoot with his son. Has anyone been lookin to team up? I might could swing it if there's any openings...
Wayne
Just sent you PM with shooter name and phone number great guy and I would partner with him any match

Saturday's forecast looks great! Everyone traveling be safe. Will be sending email out late this evening/tomorrow with stage briefs and new style range cards. See you all Saturday. Woody

Saturday's forecast looks great! Everyone traveling be safe. Will be sending email out late this evening/tomorrow with stage briefs and new style range cards. See you all Saturday. Woody

What time does it start. I'm going to try and come out and watch for a bit.

Posted via Tapatalk HD for iPad

If I recall correctly from the published schedule the first group goes off at 7:30ish and last group at 3:30pm (tee time format). Whenever you show up check in with Branson at the main building to sign a waiver.

If I recall correctly from the published schedule the first group goes off at 7:30ish and last group at 3:30pm (tee time format). Whenever you show up check in with Branson at the main building to sign a waiver.

Thank you. Looking forward to it.

Posted via Tapatalk HD for iPad

A little look from the Hide!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
I have a buddy with an afternoon tee time (1'ish) that needs a pick up partner if anybody is interested PM me thanks.

Awesome match it was my first time down and i had a blast. Thanks to the RO's and director it was a safe and challenging match.

Yep, great match. Seems there is always something new to learn every time.

Look forward to seeing scores... Had to dive out early.

Wanted to thank the Match Director and all the RO's, very challenging event!
The emailed stage information was simply outstanding and time saving!

Last edited:
Awesome shoot guys, Thanks to everyone involved, Dave, Woody and family, RO's.... you never cease to amaze. Looking forward to seeing the scores.... already can't wait till the next one.

Great match as usual.
I have to thank Battlefield Guns for building my Mega Arms .308, and Sierra 7 bipods for the stability. Damon, Steve, Dave, overall those Carolina boys are a good bunch.

Last edited:
When will registration be open for the August 9 DM match? Or is it already full. From what I understand this is a team match correct?

I had a great time shooting this match , loved the dozer stage that was one of my more steady positions. The roof top was great too, bipod extented all the way and my ruck standing on end body in sort of a fetal positionaround the ruck I could see all the targets, thank you earlier shooters for mowing the grass down a bit. The van was fun and I liked the pistol part of that stage. Thank you for letting our parners stableize the boat in stage 5 worked great for me. When I was ROing I saw a lot of bolt guns having feeding problems that surprized me, guys leave those bad mags at home! I appreciate the shooters that come to Woodys matches, they are a great bunch of folks. I think I have the problems worked out on my grendle build and am ready for the next shoot.

Shooters

It was great having you at our match and below is the link for the scores. The roof showed itself to be a bear with folks and getting into position and with putting pressure on the magazines. I suspect folks will be working on that positional technique over the next few months in preparation for match 2 of 3 in the series. The folks that had shoot our 2 man individual match and were thwarted by the roof did much better on it this match.

Designated Marksman Match (DMM) results by Practiscore for the Woody’s Designated Marksman Match, May 3rd 2014.
https://practiscore.com/results/?uuid=20CE0214-2524-4E04-A03B-7AF66C8F4817

We have registration open for our 1 day individual precision match for 6.14.14 and will open the 2nd DMM in the near future. I recommend registering early as the matches have been consistently filling up to max. The DMM should itself to be both gasser and bolt gun compatible as it was a near 50/50 split for the top 10 finishers (Ford/Chevy, Mil/MOA and now Bolt/Gasser)

Have a great week and congrats to all of our competitor especially our winner who also won the DPMS raffle of a new TAC 5.56!!!!! I hope he bought a lotto ticket on the ride home!!!

Branson

Thanks to Woody, Dave, ROs and staff for another great match! Great stages and really appreciated the stage descriptions via email a couple of days before the match. It certainly made things less stressful. Looking forward to August.

I am a huge fan of the t-time approach at these matches - wonderful to show up, shoot an entire match in a couple hours, and then be done for the day. Thanks to Dave & Woody and the amazing Woody's Hunt & Rifle Club facility.

Written stage briefs complete with targets overlaid on satellite imagery with yardages were great. No last minute scramble on stages to compute dope, allowed us to have pre-made range cards for each stage which was a very welcome upgrade this match.

The dozer on stage #3 was a nice prop addition this time too, the gamer in me had to ask the ROs if we could climb it and go prone on the dozer's roof, the ROs of course wouldn't have any of that non-sense. :)

Since I'm also the registration guy, the August DMM registration from SquadSignup.com will capture your partners email and they'll be copied on all emails this time. Those of you who didn't get the emailed stage briefs from your partner or didn't see it on facebook early, sorry, blame me (after your partner for not forwarding it of course :) ). I've got that glitch ironed out for next time though.

Looking forward to the next DMM - hoping the wind & weather stay like they did for this match too!

How does the 2/3 series work? I'm assuming it's based on finishing position each match, being every match is different (one match may be more time consuming/difficult than the next). Also, if a team shoots all three matches; will the extra/worst performance be deleted, or is it averaged in with the other two?

Thanks for the clarification.

Already looking forward to the next one!

How does the 2/3 series work? I'm assuming it's based on finishing position each match, being every match is different (one match may be more time consuming/difficult than the next). Also, if a team shoots all three matches; will the extra/worst performance be deleted, or is it averaged in with the other two?

Thanks for the clarification.

Already looking forward to the next one!

I've been wondering this very thing. I think the only way it could be fair across the board is to make it percent based off the high score for each match.

I'm famous- turtlesniper and I made 8541 Tactical's Mail Call Mondays!

Linking to a specific time doesn't seem to be working, skip ahead to 16:05 for the Woody's overview.

Last edited:
They got your best side Red!! :)

Great match as always, the rooftop and the wind kicked my ass. Looking forward to the individual precision match on June 14th. No photos this time I forgot the camera at home. :(

Shooters

Just a heads up that registration is open for our 6.14.14 Indivdual Match at our web site Registration | Woody's Rifle and Hunting Club . The match will have a portion of registration going to a cash payout of the top 3 competitors as will the other 2 individual matches after this later in the year.

Below are a couple of key points on the match plus additional information can be found on the web site under rules and FAQ’s

This is a squaded event not T Time so shooters will need to be on site at prior to a 7:45 am start to register, confirm ranges and any stage changes (if details sent prior to match)
Rifle Round estimate between 60 and 100 rds dependent upon final design and shooter skill set
Pistol will be required with estimated round count of 25 rds
New Scoring System (for individual match only)
Targets will be worth 10, 20 or 30 pts
Non-threats will be a 30 pt penalty
Procedurals will be A 10 pt penalty
Kevin will be selling lunch/snacks and drinks at the match

Look forward to seeing you in June

Dave

Will time weigh in the scores this match with the new scoring?
I assume it is still possible to be squadded with your smart mouth Daughter who constantly tells everyone when she beats you on a stage?

Will time weigh in the scores this match with the new scoring?
I assume it is still possible to be squadded with your smart mouth Daughter who constantly tells everyone when she beats you on a stage?

Stages will all have a max time but it does not affect score

We have room for 10 shooters before being maxed out. Looking forward to seeing you all. Remember it is a cash payout for the top 3 shooters

Match is full but will likely have a couple slots since several shooters have not paid and will be wait listed so if you want to shoot go online and register

Match is full but will likely have a couple slots since several shooters have not paid and will be wait listed so if you want to shoot go online and register
Hey, I would like to register and be on the wait list but there does not seem to be anything on the Registrstion page of the website...thanks!

Seth

Wait list registration back up thanks to our Web Master who borrowed a computer at the range to fix issue (now that is dedication!!!)