• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Woody's Designated Marksman Match Sponsored By DPMS October 25th Series Finale

Dave, I'll send you a PM but my spot can be given to someone on the wait list. I'm not going to make the match since my 260 shit the bed.

I did manage to find another AAC prefit, so it looks like I'll at least make 2 trips up there for the next 2 matches.

See you at the match Saturday should be a great day

We will open the 8.9.14 DMM up soon to public it is 50% full from preregistration by previous attendees advance sign up window

Look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow Woody and I ran the RO's through today and feedback was COF was challenging and fun! Cash payout envelopes in hand for tomorrow and new scoring su=ytem in place based on some great feedback from our 2 day event back in March.

I will be posting our 8.9.14 DMM Match for public registration 1st of the week. Woody just got 90 more acres so look for some more continued improvements in future ,matches

See you at the range

Awesome Match Today

An Awesome Match today!! We would like to say thanks to all the competitors and ROs for a great match!!

Congratulations to our top 3 winners:

1. Clark Kennedy
2. Joshua Knotts
3. Matthew Gervais

Attachments

• 20140614_180907.jpg
    20140614_180907.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • 20140614_180846.jpg
    20140614_180846.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • 20140614_180827.jpg
    20140614_180827.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Thank you to AI for making one of our ROs day!!

We would also like to thank AI for donating a stock that was awarded to one of ROs, Chris Teo!! You made his day!!!

Attachments

• 20140614_180518.jpg
    20140614_180518.jpg
    874.2 KB · Views: 18
The match kicked ass, and mine is tuckered out!! Excellent CoF over 9 challenging stages. I can't wait until the next one on September 13th.

I want to Thank the RO's and shooters for making the match great from a match directors perspective and well worth all the effort!

Special thanks to the shooters from AI for bringing the excellent stock to be raffled off to the RO's. Without our RO's and staff Woody and I could not run the matches!

Woody closed on the additional 90 acres and will be offering membership to our match shooters before the general public so watch your email for details

Have a great Sunday! I am off to shoots Bunsen precesion 22 match( no responsibility except pull trigger and smoke cigar)

Thanks to all the ROs and Woodys crew for a great day of shooting! Also, thanks to all the guys in Squad 4, it was a pleasure shooting with you all!

Seth

Great match woody and Dave , Great COF loved the boat stage. The roof top was tough on Friday with the wind ,that 6.5 round was like a June bug in the wind. Lots of people need to practice ranging some of the answers I saw were way off.

Here are the results - 6-2014 Precision Rifle Match

Hey gang,

Here are the results for the 6/2014 match! Thanks again to all and to Accuracy International for their generous donation!!

Attachments

• PRM-6-2014.pdf
    90.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Another great day of shooting and a well run match at Woody's farm!!! Big thanks to Woody and Dave and all the RO's!

This was our first match at Woody's this year, it was fun to see some new props and stages. Keep up all the great work that you do and looking forward to shooting at Woody's again soon!

An Awesome Match today!! We would like to say thanks to all the competitors and ROs for a great match!!

Congratulations to our top 3 winners:

1. Clark Kennedy
2. Joshua Knotts
3. Matthew Gervais

News Flash

Typo found so actual tie between Joshua and Matthew so both will receive 2nd place payout. Next time I suspect a clash of the TITANS Shootout in this scenario

Excellent group of shooters at the match who all desire a hand of applause (not a golf clap)

Nice to be in HVAC environment after the last couple in the field

I want to Thank the RO's and shooters for making the match great from a match directors perspective and well worth all the effort!

Special thanks to the shooters from AI for bringing the excellent stock to be raffled off to the RO's. Without our RO's and staff Woody and I could not run the matches!

Woody closed on the additional 90 acres and will be offering membership to our match shooters before the general public so watch your email for details

Have a great Sunday! I am off to shoots Bunsen precesion 22 match( no responsibility except pull trigger and smoke cigar)

Big thanks to you Dave and to all the RO's. Had a blast and learned alot shooting with Squad 4 and watching some outstanding marksmanship from those guys....it was humbling. Great venue, staff and competition.

I am a firm believer it is the Indian not necessarily the arrow

Dave,

This is the internet. There is absolutely no room for rational thinking!

Thanks for the great, well run match. Was the match payout ever publicized? I know originally it was going to be based on participation. My last shot was a miss on a 30pt target. Just wondering how much that shot cost me (lost match by 20pts & missed payout by 10pts) haha Seems the new points system kept the top shooters pretty close!

Last edited:
Match fee payment on time kinda helps you get any special requests vs. not paying. That said I try to accommodate as many special requests on squading or t times.

The t time method for the DMM does allow for folks to shoot early or later depending on out of town travel or sleep habits. For me 5 am is 5 am every day....... So if you hav preferred time put it in your registration notes or shoot me a pm or email

Looking forward to the DMM

Semper Fi

Last edited:
Woody's Designated Marksman Match 8-9-14
Thanks to out Title Sponsor DPMS

Just a heads up that registration is open for our 8-9-14 DMM at our web site Registration | Woody's Rifle and Hunting Club .

Remember this is the second match for best two out of three for the year end points challenge.

Below are a couple of key points on the match plus additional information can be found on the web site under rules and FAQ’s

This is a T Time event so shooters will need to be on site 30-45 minutes before their scheduled T time.

Remember to bring all of your kit, sunscreen and plenty of water!

Kevin will be selling lunch/snacks and drinks at the match

Look forward to seeing you on August 9th!

Woody

All Dates,rules and other matches are posted on the website along with match registration Woody's Rifle and Hunting Club | Precision Rifle Competition in Central North Carolina Please take a look at all the sponsors! If you have any question feel free to contact Dave or Damon
Attached Thumbnails

Shooters

It is official Woody just bought 90 more acres and construction is in process!!!!!!!!!!! Over the next year the matches will surely benefit from the additional space and ranges.

He has also opened up Woodys Hunting and Rifle Club for membership Membership | Woody's Rifle and Hunting Club . Unlike other ranges in the NC area he is doing the long range bays 1st!!!! Not the normal we will build and they blow all the funds on pistol bays and moving dirt. Probably helps as you all know from using them as a shooting position to own your own dozers.

I thought I would add this to the thread for anyone interested in joining that is willing to drive in to shoot and practice

See you all in August at the DMM in the heat!!

This is great news as the furthest any range out here is 300 yards. Would like to be able to shoot to 1000. Please keep us updated on range plans! I'm shooting the DMM in August so see you guys there!

This is great news as the furthest any range out here is 300 yards. Would like to be able to shoot to 1000. Please keep us updated on range plans! I'm shooting the DMM in August so see you guys there!

If you gone on woodysmatch.com under registeration and sign up for newsletter it guarantees you get all updates and some other perks from our sponsors

Hey guys,

I'm new to Woody's and to matches in general. I'm interested in competing in the match, but all of my friends that are competing have already partnered up. Is anyone interested in a partner? I'd like to give the disclaimer that you probably shouldn't be extremely serious about placing as this will be a learning experience for me.

Hit me up here or Email: [email protected] Phone: 8438559410

Hey guys,

I'm new to Woody's and to matches in general. I'm interested in competing in the match, but all of my friends that are competing have already partnered up. Is anyone interested in a partner? I'd like to give the disclaimer that you probably shouldn't be extremely serious about placing as this will be a learning experience for me.

Hit me up here or Email: [email protected] Phone: 8438559410

Found a partner. Thanks!

UPDATED MATCH PAMPHLET -------------

UPDATE: A couple stage brief updates this morning. Link is still the same, but download again to see Version 2. No-Shoot target move, and a couple briefing clarifications added/adjusted on account of the wet weather expected.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19497930/August9_dmm_match_Pamphlet.pdf

Looks like it might be a little nasty tomorrow, see ya'll there.

I want to thank all the RO's for their patience and dedication for a outstanding job on a day that was very challenging!
Dave, another great event and look forward to seeing you at the next match! Thanks, James

A good pic shooting off the reel. Rain made it hard to see. I was able to shoot more targets every stage leaving only one target on the fifth stage. A great day can't wait to shoot in the spring. Any word on T-shirts/score updates? Big thanks to all the RO's and sponsors and Woody for putting on the match! Really got to get out of my comfort zone and stretch my abilities. If the stages aren't hard then your not improving!!

Just to be clear this was during prep. Not actually shooting.

Thanks Woody, Dave and all the ROs. While we had fun, that was some nasty shooting conditions.

I used 10 bottles of water to wash the mud out of my scope/rifle and used 9mm rounds as ear plugs, good times!

Woody's DMM 8-2014 results

Hey guys/gals,

Hope all are getting dried out and getting mud out of everything.. Vortex Optics was a great surprise and really appreciate you supporting us as well!! DPMS for the rifle raffle that was won by Ron Bakus. Wish to especially thank Woody, Dave and all the ROs for another great match!!!

The top 3 won the following prizes from Vortex Optics:

1st Place Myrick/Brown Vortex Razor 1-6 Scopes
2nd place Cole/Groh Vortex Diamondback Binoculars
3rd place Palzkill/Gavin Vortex Ranging Monocular

We are also hosting an individual match 9.13.14, sign ups are on the website ( Woody's Rifle and Hunting Club | Precision Rifle Competition in Central North Carolina ) hope to see you there!

rangerroy

Attachments

• MatchResults-DMM-8-2014 Final pdf Sheet1.pdf
    99.3 KB · Views: 29
Couple of pics from the 8/2014 DMM

Hey,

Post them if you have them, but here are some pics from yesterday. First one are some new shooters that are hooked now.. :) and the second is a panoramic of Stage 1.

Enjoy,

rangerroy

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    808.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 20140809_094519.jpg
    20140809_094519.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28