• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Woody's Designated Marksman Match Sponsored By DPMS October 25th Series Finale

A couple more from the day...

Special... See if you see the target flash in 4132!! Talk about quick timing!!!

Here are the last bunch... hard to pick a few.. some neat action and angle shots.

Hope you like em.. Jordan had fun "getting in on the action" with you all!!

Here is the share link for the remainder! Unfortunately they are only of Squad 3... sorry guys and gals in the others... we were having too much fun to wander around, but at least you can show everyone where you were!!

Cheers!

KS

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tsaoemn1tn08zlx/NcemI-RY8c

If anyone wants a full res copy (about 3mb) PM me.

Last edited:
Damn, my legs are pasty white and I need to go on a diet!! That's why I'm typically behind the camera and not in front. :cool: I think myself and Barry tie for "best hat of the match" , and by "best" I mean goofiest looking. Pucker takes 2nd alone. :)

Don't worry Tom, Jordan doesn't know how to set the white balance properly and you know what they say about the camera!! :p

I think myself and Barry tie for "best hat of the match" , and by "best" I mean goofiest looking. Pucker takes 2nd alone. :)
'Just trying to make it to 40 without skin cancer, those Outdoor Research Sombriolet hats are nice & cool on the boat or in the field like this match.

Attaching a pix of that center-punched cold bore shot you landed:

Last edited:
That's why we tied...I was wearing the same hat and am also trying to avoid the Family history of skin cancer, hence the long sleeves as well. :) Much cooler, better protection, and more comfortable than a sweat soaked baseball cap.

Best shot I made all day other than the 600yd know your limits stage on the 10", 8" and 6" plates going 5/5 with three 6" hits. Stars and planets aligned for that stage. ;)

That's why we tied...I was wearing the same hat and am also trying to avoid the Family history of skin cancer, hence the long sleeves as well. :) Much cooler, better protection, and more comfortable than a sweat soaked baseball cap.

Best shot I made all day other than the 600yd know your limits stage on the 10", 8" and 6" plates going 5/5 with three 6" hits. Stars and planets aligned for that stage. ;)

I felt pretty good about myself once I made contact with the 10", decided to try and make up some points on the 8" and connected first shot, then did the same with the 6" plate. I was back making some quick notes for my log book and heard an impact on the plates. Then another and saw the 8" flash, then watched you own that 6" plate for the last 3 rounds. That was a damn good show right there.:cool:

Damn, my legs are pasty white and I need to go on a diet!! That's why I'm typically behind the camera and not in front. :cool: I think myself and Barry tie for "best hat of the match" , and by "best" I mean goofiest looking. Pucker takes 2nd alone. :)

Yep, I too get skin-cancer-fried without my oversized cover. :)

It was a great shoot to watch... wishing I had a little more time and both Jordan and I would have been competing too! It's amazing how easy some of you made it look.. even my GF wants to get in on it now... her famous words for the day... If I do this, can I shoot the eggs too?? :p

I apologize if my son got in anyone's way... he enjoys shooting and enjoys taking pics but has yet to understand how it can bother people when in their zones. He does manage to get a few good shots here and there (if I remind him to include more than someones face in the pic!!)

Here are a few of the day. I'll include a link to the other 180-odd pics for your leisurely viewing!

Enjoy,

KS

Good to see you out there again, and Jordan wasn't in my way a bit! Tell him thanks for taking pics, and look forward to the 3 of you shooting the next one.

-Break-

Thanks to those that responded to my 885yrd wind-hold request. Confirms my suspicion...the correct hold is somewhere between dead on and 70". ;) I WILL first-round that stage...eventually.

Thanks to those that responded to my 885yrd wind-hold request. Confirms my suspicion...the correct hold is somewhere between dead on and 70". ;) I WILL first-round that stage...eventually.

As another piece of Data I was out there the following Sunday with Dave and we moved the target out to 905yds. R to L 3-4mph wind required a 1.5-2 MOA wind hold and 20MOA elevation for a 140gr 6.5mm BTHP going 2800fps off a 300yd zero. Centerpunched it 2nd shot and went 9 for 10 over a 5 minute period. :p

November Woodys DMM Update

Shooters

We will be opening the 11.9.13 registration soon. The match will be limited to 50 teams due to daylight hours in November. We will be using the "Tee Time" approach as we have in the last few DMM matches. Registration fees will cover the Match T-shirt as well as a new addition of the BBQ/cold beverage post match (we listened on the requests for BBQ to return and made the applicable arrangements for Woodall HAWG cooking).

Over the next weeks Woody and I will be making some exciting announcements reference the 2014 Match DMM /INdivdual Match Schedule and possibly a 2 day DMM event in a new location (in addition to our normal matches at the farm).

Once the registration link is updated and open I will send the alert to the previous match shooters for 1st chance participation.

Look forward to seeing you at the farm in November and in 2014

Semper Fi

Dave

Does anyone need a partner for the 11/9 Match? I would love to come and shoot but don't have a partner. Just a fyi and disclaimer this will be my second match so probably will miss more than I hit.

Shooters Open registration is up now. At this point the slots are nearly 50% full for the match. Look forward to seeing you all at the farm

Semper Fi

Dave

I am interested in going. I'll have to come up with a shooting partner, and find out if my training schedule will allow for it.

I am interested in going. I'll have to come up with a shooting partner, and find out if my training schedule will allow for it.

You can also post a looking for partner comment on the match facebook. It is well worth shooting with a pick up partner

Looks like I'am in need of a partner too. Thought I had one ^

Guys, I am looking for a partner to shoot. Original partner can't make it.

Listen do you hear it..........The Horse is coming, the Horse is coming and ooh sh*t the Colts are coming too! Looking forward to see everyone!

I am in need of a shooting partner.

This isn't my first rifle match, but its my first tactical match.

Previous rifle experience is mainly NRA Highpower. Master classed in Across the Course shooting with a Service Rifle.

I would like to shoot this match, but I'm in need of a partner. This will be my 6th or 7th tactical match. I'm not the best, not the worst.

Steve

Shooters

We have 6 team slots left so if you are wanting to attend I suggest signing up soon. It is looking like a stron gmatch down on the farm

Semper Fi

Will be coming down for the November match. Just curious as to the expected round count and also, is this a lost brass match or will we be able to police our brass?

Will be coming down for the November match. Just curious as to the expected round count and also, is this a lost brass match or will we be able to police our brass?

Round count and details will be e-mailed to shooters within the next couple of weeks but previous matches were between 30 and 50 rounds clean with some shooting more especailly dependent on platform used and shooter.Shooters can pick up their brass

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Going to start setting up a few stages this week. Folks that are coming from out of town we will be shooting the ro's Friday so gate will be open if you want to get a look at the stages. As Dave mentioned we have a lot of stuff to to annouce at dinner about the 2014 sch. I'm excited about it. Headed to "Shot Show" in January to drum up some more sponsors and see if we can take it up another notch! Be safe in your travels. See you at the range.

Thanks
Woody

I need a partner for Saturday's Match. Just got back to NC. I have shot this match twice. PM sent to gaustin70 @ 11:30 am 11/1. I'm not the best or the worst, just want to have some fun. Just 3 slots left!

Jon

The Horse is coming, The Horse is coming.............Looking forward to Friday and Saturday. The weather looks great, it should a fine time to pull the trigger.

The stages are set. Finished up this afternoon. Looks like horse has given the weather report. Going to be good shooting tomorrow with RO's. It's been a while since I was able to put some bullets down range at the match. Look forward to see everyone Saturday. Be safe in your travel and see you at stage 1! Woody

Great match! Had a blast. Fantastic eastern NC BBQ, made me miss my roots in the coastal plains. All you guys put on a great match!
Can't wait to shoot it again. Horse, give me a shout and we can talk more about TSC.