• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Woody's Designated Marksman Match Sponsored By DPMS October 25th Series Finale

The events at Woody's are always challenging and a lot of fun. The weather really made thing interesting this time, yeah mud was in everything cleaning up this morning. Still really appreciate the stage designs keeping us out of the mud (mostly) until the last stage.

Big thanks to the RO's for dealing with the the rain & mud all day. Two+ hours was about all I wanted before getting in some dry cloths. Thanks also to Woody, Dave, & all the other behind the scenes. I know it's a headache running a big match but keep up the good work; this is one of the funnest matches out there.

Also super thanks to Vortex for the prize table. The Razor is very NICE! A pair of top notch optics was a big surprise & generous donation. It's REALLY good to see when companies give back to the shooting sports/community. Please support the sponsors like Vortex & DPMS that help make shoots like this what they are.

Congratulations to Greg and Chris!
Great shooting guys!!
:cool:

Thanks Jeff. You guys need to make it back to Woody's soon.

It was a great match as always. I enjoyed being an RO for stage 5! It was a muddy mess and it was fun as hell watching everyone roll around in the mud while shooting prone. I look forward to the next match. If anyone has pictures of that stage, can you post them? I was busy and forgot all about taking some pictures...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407779110.657774.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1407779127.569244.jpg
Here is 2 from stage 5. I have a video but I'm not tech savy enough to post it.

Shooters just wanted to remind folks registration is open for the 9.13.14 individual match with cash payout for 1st to 3rd place

I was also at Woodys today and snapped the below pictures of the new ranges being cleared on the additional 90 acres

Looks like the stages will be getting taking to another level

See you at Woodys

Dave

Shooters

We are 2 weeks out with the match 3/4 full. SO if you want a slot I recommend signing upoo in the next week

See you at Woodys

I am possibly interested and have a couple of questions:

1. Is the COF based on sending rounds downrange quickly and using misses as sighters, or is there a premium on first-round hits? In other words, how does scoring work?
2. How much movement under time pressure, and how much running? Is movement with rifles slung or carried?
3. How much range-to-target / target size info is available beforehand?
4. Is there a maximum time per stage, and if so what is it?
5. I seem to recall there being a requirement that the rifle used have a functioning safety. Is this still a requirement? The rifle I would use does not have a mechanical safety.
6. Max rounds per stage? (i.e. how many rounds in magazines should I expect to carry?)

Thanks!

I am possibly interested and have a couple of questions:

1. Is the COF based on sending rounds downrange quickly and using misses as sighters, or is there a premium on first-round hits? In other words, how does scoring work?
2. How much movement under time pressure, and how much running? Is movement with rifles slung or carried?
3. How much range-to-target / target size info is available beforehand?
4. Is there a maximum time per stage, and if so what is it?
5. I seem to recall there being a requirement that the rifle used have a functioning safety. Is this still a requirement? The rifle I would use does not have a mechanical safety.
6. Max rounds per stage? (i.e. how many rounds in magazines should I expect to carry?)

Thanks!

Feel free to give me a call to discuss. This thread, our facebbok as well as the FAQ's on the web page answer your questions Woody's Rifle and Hunting Club | Precision Rifle Competition in Central North Carolina . The format for this match is a traditional long range precision you will also see FAQ info on our 2 man DMM match which are similar in a lot of ways but not entirely

Have a GREAT week

Branson

Had a good time at the match today. Stages were challenging but very doable. Mother Nature rained on us a little bit, but it wasn't too bad, and most of the day was actually nice. Guys on the squad were friendly. All in all....great day at the range. I wish I had shot a little better, but isn't that always the case?

Another fun and humbling day at Woody's! Identified some flaws in technique, kit, and match preparation...things to work on before next time :)

Thanks to all the match directors, RO's and fellow shooters for a fun time. See you in October for the next DMM event!

Results for Woody's Indvidual PTM 9.13.14

Hey guys and gals,

Thanks to all that came out!! Thanks again to all of our ROs!! Woody, Dave and I had a great time. Here are the results of our match on Saturday (9.13.2014). Congratulations to our top 3 winners:

1. Steven Best
2. John McElroy
3. Justin Nap

See you at the DMM,

rangerroy

Attachments

• MatchResults-PTM-9-13-2014-Finals.pdf
    96.8 KB · Views: 38
Thanks to the RO's and all the shooters for making all the work in putting on a match worth all the effort

Look forward to seeing some of you at the DMM Series Finale on 10.25.14 and at the November Individual Match

Good match! I liked the addition of the points + time stage. It was no cake walk stage either! It really came into play too because if you look at the score differences between 1st through 7th the only score difference is essentially one target (10 pts) and the time they had left. This was a super close match. Congrats to the victors, and I look forward to the November match. Hopefully no rain (or snow) for that one!

DPMS Sponsored DMM Series Finale with Prize Table is no open to all shooters for the remaining slots at this link Registration . DPMS and AI have stepped up strong already and Woody is still working with other sponsors.

Slots are limited as the match is 3/4 full with a cap of 60 shooter teams. Registration is not confirmed until payment is received and once match is full we will run a wait list format on 1st come/1st opportunity

Look forward to seeing you at the event

Dave

Just unpacked 8 DPMS Rifles (Can you say G2 308) and a case of FDE AI 10 rds Magazines for the Prize Table. Both DPMS and AI have stepped up Huge for us in 2014. Woody is still working with other sponsors as well for the finale prize table.

We have a handful of team slots left open so you can still get in for the 10.25.14 series finale.

Hope to see you at the match

Dave, it's great to see where you guys are taking the range and this match. I look forward to getting back to CONUS in a few years and shooting at Woody's again, until then I'll drown my sorrow in hefeweizen and schnitzel.

Dave, it's great to see where you guys are taking the range and this match. I look forward to getting back to CONUS in a few years and shooting at Woody's again, until then I'll drown my sorrow in hefeweizen and schnitzel.

Great way to drown sorrow of missing a match for sure. Look forward to you getting back stateside and hope the family is enjoying the the tour as well

Semper Fi

Looking for someone else that wants to shoot Woody's oct 25 dmm match. I have shot one of these before, will be shooting a gas gun and using MOA not mil scopes. Want to get back out there and use this match as a re-familiarization with the match, the challenges and the better/best way to solve and overcome the course challenges. Anyone, drop me an email or a call and maybe we can work something out.
Don 919 604-0872

Woody's Designated Marksman Match Sponsored By DPMS October 25th Series Finale

Looking forward to the match as always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just 2 weeks out and you should also be able to see the great progress Woody and crew have made on the new 90 acres. 2015 will give us some new adventures to enjoy at the matches for sure