• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Words I'd ban from the gun community

So I guess I need to start going to the range drunk, wearing a sleeveless tee-shirt and instead of firing at the target, I'll just stagger downrange and punch it in the face. Back to paper targets for me. :)

Actually, I'd rather you stick your Kbar in your mouth, sideways of course, do a mag dump with the ar, then charge the target and stab it to death. Much like Chumlee did with the coach gun on Pawn Stars!

those who use the term "ammo Hoarder" because they are pissed because they had neither the foresight nor the financial means to have more than two boxes of ammo for each gun they own.

Not unique to discussions on shooting, but my favorite of all time is "defiantly," as the misspelling of "definitely." It usually works syntactically (hah, got someone there) and makes whatever is being said hilarious.

"I am defiantly coming over tonight."

"No, I didn't shoot your target. I defiantly shot mine."

"I defiantly misspell definitely all the time."

My list of "dear god please" phrases and words:

"muzzel" "break"
"reticule"
"turrents"
"high speed"
"low drag"
"fighting" to describe a knife that you've never cut an orange with
"sniper" to describe a rifle that has never shot anyone
"all day long" and "if I do my part"
"pills" for bullets
"cans" for silencers
"5x15x40" for scopes
"clicks" when talking about adjusting zero...just FREAKING dial it to the right spot on your "turrents"
"clips" instead of magazine
"high capacity" when talking about standard capacity mags
"stick" to mean rifle
"piece" to mean pistol

End rant

My list of "dear god please" phrases and words:

"muzzel" "break"
"reticule"
"turrents"
"high speed"
"low drag"
"fighting" to describe a knife that you've never cut an orange with
"sniper" to describe a rifle that has never shot anyone
"all day long" and "if I do my part"
"pills" for bullets
"cans" for silencers
"5x15x40" for scopes
"clicks" when talking about adjusting zero...just FREAKING dial it to the right spot on your "turrents"
"clips" instead of magazine
"high capacity" when talking about standard capacity mags
"stick" to mean rifle
"piece" to mean pistol

End rant

I agree with all of those, but if I had to just pick the top 3, it'd be turrents, stick, and anything sniper.

Not unique to discussions on shooting, but my favorite of all time is "defiantly," as the misspelling of "definitely." It usually works syntactically (hah, got someone there) and makes whatever is being said hilarious.

"I am defiantly coming over tonight."

"No, I didn't shoot your target. I defiantly shot mine."

"I defiantly misspell definitely all the time."

Outlook auto corrected my misspelled definitely to defiantly. This was in an e-mail to a customer and I found it when re-reading the e-mail a couple weeks later when I had to attach it to another e-mail going out to the president of our company and the upper management of the customer. I looked like a fool... and rightfully so... :-(