• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes WOTAC optics?

Jason280

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2005
GA
Whats the general consensus on a WOTAC 4-14x50? How do they compare with the Falcon line of optics, and what are the differences between a Gen 4 and 5? I have a chance to pick up one to use on a .22, but I don't have a lot of experience with the brand. Thanks!

Re: WOTAC optics?

I didn't fully quantify the testing, but I remember the 4-14 or so SFP being about equal to the Falcon 4-14 FFP I replaced them with.

I think it was during the Gen III to Gen IV transition. I got one of the first ones from two different shipments which were NOT QC'd fully and they had mechanical/tracking problems. Not wanting to wait AGAIN, I took the Falcon instead and haven't looked back because of the FFP thing.

Matt Wonders was quite good through the whole thing, took care of me well. His suppliers just betrayed him, and the Stateside inspections...I imagine his standing orders are quite strict now. Even Vortex got tagged that way last year.

Optically, both are great for the price. And my opthalmologist calls me a "fine discriminator".

Re: WOTAC optics?

I own three of them. A Gen II, and two Gen IV's. I also own USO, NF and Leupold. I am not about to compare the WOTAC to these however I believe it could be considered as a budget alternative. The only problemI ever had was with a Gen II where the Paralax adjustment knob was real stiff. I called Matt Wonder he said sent it back, I did and a few days later a Gen IV showed up on my doorstep. For sub $400 I think this scope is excellent and often overlooked. If you ever do have a problem the customer service is top notch.