• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MarositheMarine0311

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2013
I am looking for a 22lr can that is mag rated so I can run it on my 17hmr. I want one for my 556 but I was told that I can get one for my 762 and run it on my 556 as well. I am looking for at this point a 22lr can. if I can run a 556 can on my 22lr then thats the route I would like to take. I am also looking for a good pistol to put it on. I have several rifles in 22lr 17hmr and 556. not looking for full auto just a good one.I have been looking at ruger 22/45 and buckmarks. please advise.
thank you.

The sparrow is rated for the 22lr, 22 mag, 17 hmr 17hm2, 22wmr and 5.7x28fn per their paperwork. This is the stainless steel sparrow which I have. You can easily take apart to clean. The 5.56 requires another grade of can. Buy a good 22 and a good 30 cal can and you will have most of your shooting covered.

I have a 22 Sparrow and works great for 17hmr. Can even handle FN 5.7 ammo. A friend of mine has a Huntertown Arms suppressor that can handle 17hmr. Not as nice as the Sparrow but can still be taken apart for cleaning. Also costs much less than a Sparrow if thats a concern.

AAC Element 2. I love mine. It has minimal zero shift and it works on 17HMR.

...or if you are operating at extremely close distances refer to the vid in the sig line above my post. This method of suppression is quieter, requires no tax stamp, and instills a fear into your adversary that will demolish enemy morale.

MarositheMarine0311: you should really invest some time and money to locate a dealer and demo a few suppressors.

The sparrow is rated for the 22lr, 22 mag, 17 hmr 17hm2, 22wmr and 5.7x28fn per their paperwork. This is the stainless steel sparrow which I have. You can easily take apart to clean.

I have a SS Sparrow and love it, plus it works great on my 22 mag.

Have both sparrow and element 2. Both will handle all the rimfire ammo. I prefer the sparrow because it is much easier to take apart and clean. The element has a little less first round pop. Both are very quiet dry and stupid quiet wet. One other negative to the element is that if you do not have the can screwed together very tight, it can come apart when taking it off your pistol (22/45 in this case). I have had the front cap stay attached to the pistol and the tube unscrew from the front cap. Remember to keep some gun oil on the treads and the muzzle shoulder and you will be fine. You won't go wrong with either of these.

The SS sparrow
SWR Spectre
Mack Brothers Lima

All will do what you want. 5.56 thru a centerfire can is not a good idea.

SWR Spectre II super quite, Stainless Steel, low FRP, and handles 22LR 22Mag, 17HMR, 5.7.