• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTF is REALLY going on with the job market?

Don’t lump me in with you. 28 and have a successful welding business. I started working at 14 for free for experience. Well the owner did give me a $100 visa gift card every month.

I’ll give you an profound moment I had at around 17/18 that changed my way of thinking. Was roughly 2013, making $13/hr which was damn good money for my age and the time. Was working for a flight school fueling airplanes, general facility maintenance, working on the planes when someone wanted to teach me something. Anyway they had a small lawn that needed to be kept mowed. I hated mowing with a passion. Anyway I’m pushing the shitty ass mower bitching and moaning to myself thinking I’m not getting paid enough to be mowing this stupid lawn. Exactly after thinking that I had a moment of clarity and realized I was getting paid double what it was worth at the time to be cutting that lawn. That moment changed how I thought about that job and my general outlook on work forever. That job paid me damn good money to learn so much as growing kid.

Anyway now a decade later I bill $450 for the first hour and $150/hr after that. Bid work is even better which healthy profit margins.

When my wife gave us our 2 kids there was no daddy stays home for 2 months bs. Mom stays home, you go work and pay for it. Somebody has to provide for those 2 kids unless momma is selling subscriptions to her titty pics.

I think I netted close to 10k last week. I really don’t love welding either. But when you make $3k in 2 days crawling around in a trash truck you suck it up.
View attachment 7855322
Next weekend I’m driving 3hrs to Austin doing 3 hours of work, and driving back, total bill is $3250 iirc.

I’m honestly not trying to flex or yada yada, but just show you that there is damn good money to be made if you are above average intelligence and work ethic. If you can weld and aren’t making good money that is 100% your own fault. Don’t come bitching to anyone but the bathroom mirror

Moral of the story, stop bitching, get off your stay at home dad ass, and go earn some damn money. It’s literally ripe for the picking hanging off every tree right now. Now you do have to go fetch the ladder that’s across the field to pick it but I guess that’s too hard for most.
Ya but can you build a bridge that will support a tractor?

This article sums up much of what's been said here. Not optimistic about the future with Gen M/Z coming along.

yup. i don't know the numbers, but lots of cute girls are satisfied selling their self respect on the internet until they don't have anything somebody wants to look at, and then what?

I found my white privilege card. I keep it right next to the alarm clock. That way I don't forget it on my way to work.

I don’t have time to read every post, and somebody probably already said this, but I assume you are talking about your white privilege card that also came along with the “privilege” to have a large portion of your compensation for your hard work taken from you to keep 50% of the people walking around from having to suffer from all the poor choices they have made in life. That ”white privilege” card right?? Fact is, I go to work 40% of the time so 50% don’t have to and I’ve about had it.

I’m all about helping people with a hand up, but I’m vehemently against hand outs and that’s all I see going on these days.

Short story is people will go back to work when the get hungry and cold which apparently might be never.

Not to throw more gas on this bonfire, but before I went to college I looked up the future estimated career demands and salary averages. Not sure how you get caught off guard on that.
On the other hand, I just quit a job paying $220K+Benefits because the CEO swapped out all management with his buddies who are idiots, and besides driving a $170M project into total chaos, it has now burned over $400M and climbing and any worker with any competency has already quit. They did manage to form a new diversity, equity and inclusion department, so I guess not a total waste. A man has to know his limits.
Seriously. Who doesn’t look into compensation before choosing a major and/or career?

My career is the furthest thing from glamorous. I was aware of this before I ever stepped foot on a campus.

I picked it because I went to school right as the whole Enron thing happened and that field was experiencing explosive growth and solid pay. I had a new baby and diapers to buy.

Everything went exactly as expected.

Reactions: BLEE and NoDopes
The OP thought this was going to be a holding hands and pitty me session. This reality check just slapped him harder than will smith did chris rock.

Politics doesn’t have to ruin this country. Just a bunch of lazy people who whine about the economy not handing them the golden ticket is all it takes.

All I have to add is that it takes a while lot more work than two months to raise a good kid. I'm only 3.5 years in and things are looking good except when she points out my beer belly!

You missed the point, but it's not your fault. I hoped my reply would be easy to understand, but we still don't have a sarcasm font on SH; I blame Frank.
I got the sarcasm and I'm with you condemning those who cry victim. Just telling my tale of overcoming poor and woops, now I'm the patriarchy. Seems to be two camps. Patriarch. Poor. I rather not be poor.

All I have to add is that it takes a while lot more work than two months to raise a good kid. I'm only 3.5 years in and things are looking good except when she points out my beer belly!
First two months are easy too, they sleep 80% of the time.

I’m disappointed there are no titty pictures.

Become a handy man, or is it handy person these days?

The OP thought this was going to be a holding hands and pitty me session. This reality check just slapped him harder than will smith did chris rock.

Politics doesn’t have to ruin this country. Just a bunch of lazy people who whine about the economy not handing them the golden ticket is all it takes.
Why would anybody come to a forum called the fucking bear pit for a pity me session you fuck stick. Were here to fight about irrelevant bullshit get with the fucking program. You think anybody in here gives 2 shits what the other guy thinks?

I was tryin to get some humorous answers but the more I talk to any one of you given "fieldcraft sniper" faggots its just a blame game 3 posts in. What the fuck do any of you think youre accomplishing?

For a bunch of people who try so hard to make it sound like youve got it all figured out you sure do alot of assuming. Your hackneyed bullshit tropes of "get a fucking life you lazy fucking millenial stop bitching about your lack of interest in working for a living" is the most redundant shit in the world.

Ya know whats really wrong with you fucks? You old prunes are the reason my generation is littered with retards that wanna cut their fuckin dicks off like bruce jenner. You think you gotta nut up and play the tough act whenever something doesnt fit into your narrow simple minded worldviews. Your all social media addicts just like the generation you spend so much time shitting on, but instead of instagram or facebook you just come on here and scream into your little echo chamber.

you all shouldve just cut your own fuckin dicks off so you wouldnta popped any little shits that you seem to hate so much in the first place and maybe then you wouldnt be such a worthless bunch of bitchmoaners,

I’m disappointed there are no titty pictures.

Become a handy man, or is it handy person these days?
oh yeah, and if you wanna see me slam some tittys, you gotta pay for it.

jerkmates.net. youll know its me when you see a black dude reamin three babes you probably already jack off to.

^^^ first word of second sentence of your little tirade is "We'er"

Hope the rest of your career stuff is more accurate.

(I fixed a typo as pointed out below)

Good welders go to school for longer than average ones do. That is a fact, not a generational thing.
BULLSHIT…….. I got buddies who do welding in the gulf(make 6 figures if they want to) and NEVER went to school for welding. They learned it and got very good at it on their own, and with people that taught them. If you want to be good at something, you gotta put in the legwork

oh yeah, and if you wanna see me slam some tittys, you gotta pay for it.

jerkmates.net. youll know its me when you see a black dude reamin three babes you probably already jack off to.
I don’t want to see you slam tittys. Titty’s were mentioned numerous times in this thread, and I am disappointed that the tittys did not make an appearance.

I was serious about becoming a handyman. I’ve made more money at it than my real job over the years. I got paid $75 today to change lightbulbs.

As time goes on and the feminazis win the war against manhood, being able to fix simple shit has to be hired out.

I’ve only watched my calls and money grow over the last decade.

$300 to screw some 2x4’s together, attach hinges, and put on a post. Little shit like that. $600 to re-stain a deck. $75 to mount two brackets on a wall and lay a board of MDF across it to make a shelf. $300 to put bondo on a 1/4” hole in a bathtub. You’d be amazed at what I get calls to do.

BULLSHIT…….. I got buddies who do welding in the gulf(make 6 figures if they want to) and NEVER went to school for welding. They learned it and got very good at it on their own, and with people that taught them. If you want to be good at something, you gotta put in the legwork
yeah well, I dont really have time to do any of that on account of all the complaining about not having a job I have to do you see..

• Haha
Reactions: forthehunt
Welcome back to the conversation...I'm sure it will go better this time, since you've laced your replies with ignorance and profanity. Did momma heat up a pot-tart in the toaster so you'd have the energy to get back on the forum?

Welcome back to the conversation...I'm sure it will go better this time, since you've laced your replies with ignorance and profanity. Did momma heat up a pot-tart in the toaster so you'd have the energy to get back on the forum?
Why dont you just say it. Say what you really mean. Say that YOU think black people are lazy. Say it. You wont.

. I got paid $75 today to change lightbulbs.
Yeah, I bet you did...

saltwater-cowboy.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: forthehunt
Might as well share this since it's quite relevant.

About 2000-2005 (don't recall exactly) I had just moved from Arkansas where I was making about $100k as a auto mechanic to Huntington Beach Ca.
I was looking for a decent job and having about 25'ish years as a master auto tech I thought no prob, I'm where all the cars are, should be simple.
I applied at Huntington Beach Toyota, right on Beach Bl. in the heart of beach area money (those of you that know the area know that you don't live there making only $50k a year, you'll be laughed out of town).
I easily *got* the job since I do have factory Toyota training and had worked at Long Beach Toyota a while back.....it was honestly a gimme, I was in.
When I asked about the pay, I was told $12 a flag hour (book time if your understand that).
Wait, I said, $12 a flag hour ?
Yes, that's what we pay all our top techs, I was told.
After regaining my composure I said "I'm supposed to have my $150k in tools flatbedded here, with 25 years experience and more wallhanging accolades than all your *mechanics* put together and you're going to offer me the privilege of a whopping $12 a fucking hour ?
Are you really that stupid ?, do you really think I'm that stupid?"

Needless to say I walked away from that wonderful opportunity.
As I walked out I made the effort to note if anyone in the shop appeared to be a US citizen.
Not a un-mexican in the house.

THAT is why no one works these days, we are not illegals and we do not wished to be treated as such.

BTW, about 2 weeks later I had a real job at (if I remember right) was about $37.5 an hour, you know, like it should have been.

Reactions: gigamortis
Might as well share this since it's quite relevant.

About 2000-2005 (don't recall exactly) I had just moved from Arkansas where I was making about $100k as a auto mechanic to Huntington Beach Ca.
I was looking for a decent job and having about 25'ish years as a master auto tech I thought no prob, I'm where all the cars are, should be simple.
I applied at Huntington Beach Toyota, right on Beach Bl. in the heart of beach area money (those of you that know the area know that you don't live there making only $50k a year, you'll be laughed out of town).
I easily *got* the job since I do have factory Toyota training and had worked at Long Beach Toyota a while back.....it was honestly a gimme, I was in.
When I asked about the pay, I was told $12 a flag hour (book time if your understand that).
Wait, I said, $12 a flag hour ?
Yes, that's what we pay all our top techs, I was told.
After regaining my composure I said "I'm supposed to have my $150k in tools flatbedded here, with 25 years experience and more wallhanging accolades than all your *mechanics* put together and you're going to offer me the privilege of a whopping $12 a fucking hour ?
Are you really that stupid ?, do you really think I'm that stupid?"

Needless to say I walked away from that wonderful opportunity.
As I walked out I made the effort to note if anyone in the shop appeared to be a US citizen.
Not a un-mexican in the house.

THAT is why no one works these days, we are not illegals and we do not wished to be treated as such.

BTW, about 2 weeks later I had a real job at (if I remember right) was about $37.5 an hour, you know, like it should have been.
Ok thank you man for a real answer finally.

Why dont you just say it. Say what you really mean. Say that YOU think black people are lazy. Say it. You wont.
I'll say it.
I've known good black people that were decent to be around and no one saw them as other than just a good person.
I known way more that were just useless lazy people not good for much of anything other than trying to deal drugs (which they were not good at) trying to run scams (which they sucked at) and being a burden upon society.

Happy ?
You're black aren't you ?

Reactions: Lange Carabine
I'll say it.
I've known good black people that were decent to be around and no one saw them as other than just a good person.
I known way more that were just useless lazy people not good for much of anything other than trying to deal drugs (which they were not good at) trying to run scams (which they sucked at) and being a burden upon society.

Happy ?
You're black aren't you ?
at least you said it. I didnt say it wasnt true.

Im glad those slave boats brought my people over here bro because Ive seen what they got goin on across the pond and their shit is Fuuuuucked up.

Gen Z wants more more money to do jobs. I don’t blame them, really. A person said that to me not to long ago, and I have been thinking on it ever since.

I think the scamdemic showed people the true value of their time, and they are saying no to working for minimum wage, or even slightly more. With the cost of everything, you probably lose money on monthly basis working minimum wage.

yeah well, I dont really have time to do any of that on account of all the complaining about not having a job I have to do you see..
One of them was a proficient welder before he left high school. Shop teacher couldn’t help him with anything welding related.

Gen Z wants more more money to do jobs. I don’t blame them, really. A person said that to me not to long ago, and I have been thinking on it ever since.

I think the scamdemic showed people the true value of their time, and they are saying no to working for minimum wage, or even slightly more. With the cost of everything, you probably lose money on monthly basis working minimum wage.
yeah but even so not everybody turns their nose up and thinks they are too good for those jobs. I didnt for the longest time. Do I wanna make more money? yeah of course, everyone does, thats how you buy into this money pit of a hobby that is shooting long range, but all these dudes sayin get off your ass and get to work are the same ones that are talkin down on people who work low wage jobs, when the reality is that the economy as we know it, for better or worse, COULD NOT EXIST without low wage workers.

not anymore at least.

Ahh, there's the lie.

If you say it, it's not racist, but if we (white people) say it, it IS racist ?
Isn't that racist in and of it's self ?
Yes, it is.
But you'll never admit it.
actually I really dont give a shit.

Thats what all black people say when you ask them bc secretly we think it is funny.

refer to post #131

Ahh, there's the lie.

If you say it, it's not racist, but if we (white people) say it, it IS racist ?
Isn't that racist in and of it's self ?
Yes, it is.
But you'll never admit it.
Now what WOULD be fucked up is if a Jewish guy had this screen name.

yeah but even so not everybody turns their nose up and thinks they are too good for those jobs. I didnt for the longest time. Do I wanna make more money? yeah of course, everyone does, thats how you buy into this money pit of a hobby that is shooting long range, but all these dudes sayin get off your ass and get to work are the same ones that are talkin down on people who work low wage jobs, when the reality is that the economy as we know it, for better or worse, COULD NOT EXIST without low wage workers.

not anymore at least.
It’s not about being too good for the jobs, it’s because they literally don’t pay enough, and I’m not just talking flipping burgers.

Look at nursing. $25-$30 an hour as a staff nurse. Totally not worth it for what they do, which is why hospitals have such a hard time keeping nurses. Especially when the travel nurse working there makes $10,000 a month.

My honest opinion is for you to continue to work and grow in welding. It’ll be real good money some day, and when you start your own business you’ll be happier and better off. Looking back in time, all of my friends who went into the trades were making over $75,000 with no student debt by the time they were in their late 20’s early 30’s.

Most people who went to college will never make that amount of money, or if they do, it won’t be until they are much older.

Just my opinion.

It’s not about being too good for the jobs, it’s because they literally don’t pay enough, and I’m not just talking flipping burgers.

Look at nursing. $25-$30 an hour as a staff nurse. Totally not worth it for what they do, which is why hospitals have such a hard time keeping nurses. Especially when the travel nurse working there makes $10,000 a month.

My honest opinion is for you to continue to work and grow in welding. It’ll be real good money some day, and when you start your own business you’ll be happier and better off. Looking back in time, all of my friends who went into the trades were making over $75,000 with no student debt by the time they were in their late 20’s early 30’s.

Most people who went to college will never make that amount of money, or if they do, it won’t be until they are much older.

Just my opinion.
I really would like to be a successful welder, but really I wasnt that good at it in truth, which is why I lost interest. I really did enjoy working in the gun industry, but it seems like the real money there is bidding on contracts to sell guns en-masse, and there seems to be big opportunities going on somewhere between Belarus and Russia right now...

Working at a gun store IS a good job for those who like what they are doing but massive inflation and supply chain problems had to ruin that for pretty much anyone left who was in it for the sport and not just the money. However contractors I know make ALOT more. Im really just trying to get a side gig for the time being because I have all the right connections to start bidding on contracts Im just waiting for my necessary legal paperwork to go through, which as with anything the government does, takes literally forever.

It never crossed my mind what color you are. I'm married to a legal immigrant, from Korea. Keep your pity party going. Lazy doesn't have a color, calling you out for having an entitled mindset, throwing out the victim card, followed up with trying to call everyone a racist...look in the mirror.

I've been working since I was a child. Growing up on a farm where child slave labor is legal was normal. Fuck off. I never really knew what being a kid was, I started driving a tractor at 7, mowing and raking hay. A short day was 12 hours in the seat. 7am-7pm every day....minimum usually longer, can't count the days that went from 6 am to 3 am.

At 18 I moved out, found a job building houses for $5.75/hour 6 days a week. It was great, we only worked 10 hours a day, it was like being on vacation.

When I first got to Okinawa, we had shop PT twice a week...I wasn't feeling good, I still ran up 15 antenna poles that day doing maintenance, but when we got back to the shop we were supposed to go for a 3 mile run. I told the boss I didn't think I could make it, so he told me to mop the shop. I said, "ok, I'll get it done". 5 minutes later, I'm sitting at the break room table, and he called me out back. Said, "why aren't you mopping the shop? You got a problem with me telling you what to do, because I'm black?" I said, "no, I'm going to do it when everyone gets out of the shop, so they aren't tracking shit everywhere on the wet floor".

He told me he needed to talk to me after everyone left the shop, handed me a beer and apologized for jumping to conclusions. We got along a lot better after that.

This shit makes me angry. Literally race was no where in this conversation and no one has any inkling of an idea of what race of person they are talking to is, because it doesn’t fucking matter.

You want to throw race into it, I’m currently paying a black welder I’m friends with $1200 a day to bolt together fence. The color of the person doing any of this work is so irrelevant.

The race card has zero to do with any of this conversation.

This shit makes me angry. Literally race was no where in this conversation and no one has any inkling of an idea of what race of person they are talking to is, because it doesn’t fucking matter.

You want to throw race into it, I’m currently paying a black welder I’m friends with $1200 a day to bolt together fence. The color of the person doing any of this work is so irrelevant.

The race card has zero to do with any of this conversation.
dude did you not read any of the posts after that?