• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTF is REALLY going on with the job market?

@HKslave Not sure on your location but find an LTL carrier and work the dock loading trucks. They hire a lot of PT workers and the pay is good. You‘ll work evenings from 4-9 if it’s a freight hub and sometimes longer if there’s enough freight. The docks aren’t heated so it’s basically working outside all year.
I actually have an interview with a place like this soon

Something else to keep in mind. I say this coming from someone in the employment industry.

If you are a black man, leverage that. You can to go almost any school in the country for free if you have half way decent grades. The amount of scholarship money out there exceeds the people who use it. Schools want to boost their minority numbers and due to the black community and culture ostrosizing those who do well in school, its hard for them to find black males..

If you go into one of the hard sciences, you will rise fast due to diversity hiring alone. A smart, driven hard working minority candidate is going to see much more opportunities than whites and Asians, which dominate these industries.

Its an advantage , not a disadvantage like many have been told their whole lives. This has always been the case in government but many private companies are trying to out woke each other and will get into bidding wars over minority candidates.

The trades are the same way. Dominated by white dues. Take advantage of the situation and provide a quality life to you're family.

Entry level jobs exist for a reason, I would guess most 'average' Americans have worked these entry level low paying jobs at one point or another. Unless you have family connections that allows you to skip this stage of work (Hunter Biden anyone?)

I made min wage working at an auto parts store when I was teen, it was $3/something dollars an hour.

I worked 3 jobs at one time in my life because no one job paid enough. I literally worked 7 days a week 12 hours a day for a long time (full time job + part time job m-f, then working side hustle jobs or anther part time job on weekends)

These low wage jobs are TRANSITIONAL jobs!! No one should stay in them for 20 years. They work out if there is a constant flow of new entry level workers, and the older ones move up and on to higher paying jobs as they gain skills.

That said, the world absolutely needs low wage workers, and lots of them. No one should laugh at them UNLESS they stay in that low wage job for 20 years and never try to grow themselves (assume mentally and physically capable people)

I think that jobs that were considered transitional jobs and were low paying because "anyone can do that" even 10 years ago are now going to be "living wage" jobs or we won't have anyone doing them. When I was a kid (the world I started in delivering papers and fixing old TV's for resale) and learning my job/work ethic the guy next door raised a family of four as a milk man. The guy across the street worked a full service gas station pumping gas, filling tires, cleaning windows. These guys were hard working men who were there every day, worked hard, raised their kids to study hard and work hard, coached Dad's Club Baseball. Stand up men.

Now they'd be ridden down as lazy assholes for not being able to raise themselves up and do a "real job" doing comparable work in 2022. My point is that this work day ethic us guys who are 50+ have is *GONE!* never to return. Not everyone is cut out to be a Master Craftsman, Doctor, Lawyer, etc. People who clean up the mess on the midnight shift should be able to feed their families and be proud of doing a job that absolutely needs to be done and not by someone just trying to get out of there ASAP.

IMO.

VooDoo

the average per capita income in the US is like 63k

So the idea that anyone who wants to work can make 100k to half a million welding seems a little off

Now I know people who went to trade school, learned to weld, worked for a shop for a year or so, bought a Craigslist truck and equipment and in a couple years we’re making over 100k, but I also know more welders who work for other people who are more around that 63k number.

The saying that if you just want to work, walk into your local welding/construction company and bust your ass, you will make well into the 6 figures is BS.

I make good money doing what I do, could make more too if I wanted a little different lifestyle, but I spent a good deal of time and money on my training, no scholarships or 3k a quarter tuition deals 😂

Something else to keep in mind. I say this coming from someone in the employment industry.

If you are a black man, leverage that. You can to go almost any school in the country for free if you have half way decent grades. The amount of scholarship money out there exceeds the people who use it. Schools want to boost their minority numbers and due to the black community and culture ostrosizing those who do well in school, its hard for them to find black males..

If you go into one of the hard sciences, you will rise fast due to diversity hiring alone. A smart, driven hard working minority candidate is going to see much more opportunities than whites and Asians, which dominate these industries.

Its an advantage , not a disadvantage like many have been told their whole lives. This has always been the case in government but many private companies are trying to out woke each other and will get into bidding wars over minority candidates.

The trades are the same way. Dominated by white dues. Take advantage of the situation and provide a quality life to you're family.
financial aid for trade programs are also widely available, although i don't work in that field and don't know specifics about your location.
i know when i went through an accelerated certification program, more than half were going for "free" through a jobs program.
i paid (student loan) while i was working full time. got to work and 6am and got home from school at 10:30pm M-F.

It’s definitely weird out there, last job I posted had one applicant, young kid with the worst resume I’ve ever seen. “I worked at Subway and learned things”, that was what he put down as “skills”. Zero up sell on himself. Application went right in the trash, if there was even a smidge of effort put in I may have called him in for an interview. Job starts out at $23 an hour, cheap health care, fat benefit package, 3% raise every year, and a chance to advance. I ended up head hunting a kid from another department to fill the position.

OP keep looking, there are a lot of opportunities to get your foot in the door. It may take a few years but if you can show up on time with a positive attitude and can learn you should be able to move up the food chain at a fairly rapid pace. To me those traits matter more than current skill set, I’ve seen plenty of people who were skilled that had shitty attitudes. They didn’t last long. Good luck on your new career search!

Reactions: Redheeler
there is also a lot more ways to make money than there used to be...

people figured out they did not need to work there lives away, when they where at home during covid.. a lot of changing priorities during covid .. not all of them where bad.

maybe they don't need to live as lavish as they did and spend more time with there family and doing what they enjoy.. rather than going to work 60 hr a week to make there boss or the investors more money. 🤔

Reactions: gigamortis
there is also a lot more ways to make money than there used to be...

people figured out they did not need to work there lives away, when they where at home during covid.. a lot of changing priorities during covid .. not all of them where bad.

maybe they don't need to live as lavish as they did and spend more time with there family and doing what they enjoy.. rather than going to work 60 hr a week to make there boss or the investors more money. 🤔

“Live as lavish” = lower quality of life.

I’ll fire my boss before I lower my QOL

Reactions: gigamortis
Why would anybody come to a forum called the fucking bear pit for a pity me session you fuck stick. Were here to fight about irrelevant bullshit get with the fucking program. You think anybody in here gives 2 shits what the other guy thinks?

I was tryin to get some humorous answers but the more I talk to any one of you given "fieldcraft sniper" faggots its just a blame game 3 posts in. What the fuck do any of you think youre accomplishing?

For a bunch of people who try so hard to make it sound like youve got it all figured out you sure do alot of assuming. Your hackneyed bullshit tropes of "get a fucking life you lazy fucking millenial stop bitching about your lack of interest in working for a living" is the most redundant shit in the world.

Ya know whats really wrong with you fucks? You old prunes are the reason my generation is littered with retards that wanna cut their fuckin dicks off like bruce jenner. You think you gotta nut up and play the tough act whenever something doesnt fit into your narrow simple minded worldviews. Your all social media addicts just like the generation you spend so much time shitting on, but instead of instagram or facebook you just come on here and scream into your little echo chamber.

you all shouldve just cut your own fuckin dicks off so you wouldnta popped any little shits that you seem to hate so much in the first place and maybe then you wouldnt be such a worthless bunch of bitchmoaners,
Buzz-Lightyear-Sad-Strange-Little-Man.gif

• Haha
Reactions: deersniper
besides calling people you dont know on the internet lazy worthless assholes, because thats generally something that people who are actually lazy worthless assholes do, who may or may not still live in their moms basement.

DD659960-6061-4AFB-9C2D-1A8A1B090EE4.jpeg

No employers and people who work their ass off are tired of seeing all the whiny ass leeches around

Labor is a commodity. Very few people have such unique and rare skills that cannot be replaced.

This is what I do for a living and some of my folks, there are less than 10 people in the world who can do what they do. I will still fire their ass and bring someone in new who wants to work and is trainable with a good attitude if it warrants.

No one is not replaceable.

The secret is to make yourself valuable. Be and asset not a liability. That is really all there is to it. Just saved you a $10K self help seminar.

My dad told me 20 years ago that everyone is replaceable regardless of their skill level. Being good at what you do is very helpful though. I've been told by multiple employers that if it wasn't for my work ethic and experience that I'd have been fired a long time ago. However, I know that has cost me a few opportunities to move up into management positions but I'm fine with that.

My dad told me 20 years ago that everyone is replaceable regardless of their skill level. Being good at what you do is very helpful though. I've been told by multiple employers that if it wasn't for my work ethic and experience that I'd have been fired a long time ago. However, I know that has cost me a few opportunities to move up into management positions but I'm fine with that.

If someone told me that I’d be hunting a new job the same day.

View attachment 7856242

No employers and people who work their ass off are tired of seeing all the whiny ass leeches around

Hog wash, the majority I see running that line of shit are old ass burn outs, “I’d show you how to [task they won’t do] if it wasn’t for [fill in the blank invisible injury]”

I hear hardly anyone who is very successful ramble on about that, most I hear is puzzlement at the lack of staff, but never do I hear about whiny or leaches

It’s like the covid BS, “all the poors are getting rich off it” BUUULLLLL SHIT!
I collected covid plus unemployment for a couple months when the government outlawed work, the check I got was hilarious, it wouldn’t even cover what I spend going out to eat, thankfully I had enough that not working for a couple months till I got on with the new company was no factor.

There’s opportunity out there
There’s dead beats out there
There’s cockroach employers out there too

All the above can be true at the same time.

I keep my eye on my industry, and I think it’s healthy to interview even if you’re not really looking for a new job, that said recently there have been a good number of WTF jobs I’ve seen, a few of which were pretty much bait and switch from their postings.

Hog wash, the majority I see running that line of shit are old ass burn outs, “I’d show you how to [task they won’t do] if it wasn’t for [fill in the blank invisible injury]”

I hear hardly anyone who is very successful ramble on about that, most I hear is puzzlement at the lack of staff, but never do I hear about whiny or leaches

It’s like the covid BS, “all the poors are getting rich off it” BUUULLLLL SHIT!
I collected covid plus unemployment for a couple months when the government outlawed work, the check I got was hilarious, it wouldn’t even cover what I spend going out to eat, thankfully I had enough that not working for a couple months till I got on with the new company was no factor.

There’s opportunity out there
There’s dead beats out there
There’s cockroach employers out there too

All the above can be true at the same time.

I keep my eye on my industry, and I think it’s healthy to interview even if you’re not really looking for a new job, that said recently there have been a good number of WTF jobs I’ve seen, a few of which were pretty much bait and switch from their postings.
O my god thank you finally someone on the exact same page as me. The "get off your ass and get to work" trope is such a broken record. The govt "support" checks really were a joke, i was still employed the entire time but if i hadnt been the stimulus checks wouldve been burned on diapers and formula in a few short weeks.

The biggest problem i see with the employers isnt that unskilled jobs pay to low or "are big meanies to their poor mentally ill employees", its that in their job adds they blow the positions WAYYY out of proportion. Its like a bait and switch with all the crap they promise to get you in the door and then none of it pans out.

If theyd just have honest advertising then theyd have alot less people who come on board to train for two weeks only to quit and pursue better opportunities.

It’s definitely weird out there, last job I posted had one applicant, young kid with the worst resume I’ve ever seen. “I worked at Subway and learned things”, that was what he put down as “skills”. Zero up sell on himself. Application went right in the trash, if there was even a smidge of effort put in I may have called him in for an interview. Job starts out at $23 an hour, cheap health care, fat benefit package, 3% raise every year, and a chance to advance. I ended up head hunting a kid from another department to fill the position.

OP keep looking, there are a lot of opportunities to get your foot in the door. It may take a few years but if you can show up on time with a positive attitude and can learn you should be able to move up the food chain at a fairly rapid pace. To me those traits matter more than current skill set, I’ve seen plenty of people who were skilled that had shitty attitudes. They didn’t last long. Good luck on your new career search!
My first resume after retiring from the military was 4 pages (one sided), so I could "capture" my career. Got rejected many times, TLDR kind of deal. Hacked it down to one side of a page, had prospective employers calling me at all hours of the day and night offering me jobs for more money than I was looking for, and jobs I had zero skill for the spot.

OP, I know we had some words, there are a lot of people that have offered advice in this thread. Not one person involved wants you or anyone reading this to fail.

Reactions: Alpine 338
HKslave - I have mostly just been poking fun in this thread with one slightly serious post

I will give a second more serious post. I am not going into a ton of detail here, but am a hiring manger and have been for decades.

It is just as much up to you to ask questions during an interview, and I mean targeted and intelligent ones. I usually will not hire someone if I say during an interview, ok your turn to ask me questions, what more do you want to know about the job, the company, me, etc

If I get silence or stupid ignorant questions, you will not get the job. you can google and come up with these gerneric interviewee type questions.

That said, there are a lot of bullshit hiring managers out there, PART of your job in interviewing is to figure that out. You would know in 10 minutes of talking to me that I have real jobs and I expect you to work intelligently.

My older daughter graduated college in 2021, not with serious degree that the world would respect, but a degree from a big name school that will keep her employed with a living wage. She has had 3 serious jobs in the year she has been out of college, each with higher and higher pay and more towards what she wants to do in life

Good jobs are out there. Start with researching the company a bit before you even worry about the interview, that might tell you all you need to know. There are also scammers out there, one contacted my daughter, completed multiple interviews with her, sent her an offer letter, all for an attempt at identity theft of my daughters information that they needed on the hiring paperwork. There were red flags, she didn't get stung by the scammers, but again, researching the company before, during and after the interview will many times help you figure out the job is bullshit. Confirm everything before you complete hiring paperwork.

I had personally posted a position and got a total of 2 resumes in 8 weeks. Serious company, serious job, $70k+
The only thing I was told by my recruiting team is, no one is applying to jobs that require going to the office everyday.

In years past, I would have 100's of resumes a week pour in when I posted a job. I have a full time recruiting team at my disposal.

I think covid did several things, and the covid vaccine did as well. Working people died in mass, working people are injured/crippled in mass, many older people that were still working past retirement age, just got fed up and retired. People losing jobs caused them to reevaluate life, and figure out ways to survive on less money (move back in with parents, etc) Combo of all this has caused a labor shortage.

now back to fun
I bought countless walmarts out of their entire inventory of 9mm when they discontinued it, so I paid less for a box of 9mm than you ;)

O my god thank you finally someone on the exact same page as me. The "get off your ass and get to work" trope is such a broken record. The govt "support" checks really were a joke, i was still employed the entire time but if i hadnt been the stimulus checks wouldve been burned on diapers and formula in a few short weeks.

The biggest problem i see with the employers isnt that unskilled jobs pay to low or "are big meanies to their poor mentally ill employees", its that in their job adds they blow the positions WAYYY out of proportion. Its like a bait and switch with all the crap they promise to get you in the door and then none of it pans out.

If theyd just have honest advertising then theyd have alot less people who come on board to train for two weeks only to quit and pursue better opportunities.
You are looking at the wrong jobs.

Those are tailored towards:

1. Idiots who do not know their worth.
2. Unrealistic requirements with very low pay as a way to get H1B workers. See we tried but no Americans wanted to do a job that pays $40/hr for $15/hr in an un air conditioned warehouse. We need to import workers since we will not pay prevailing wages.
3. A way to keep internal candidates from getting raises. If you bring in people from outside higher than existing slaves, they get mad.

Even if you could get a job with those companies, you wouldn't want to work there.

You don't see this in the trades or any real profession. People know their worth and their skills are in demand. Fuck you pay me or I go work for your competitor for even more and take all your clients with me. Especially in the last 2 years where the worker has ALL the leverage. The fact we are over 2 years into the greatest labor market for a worker in the history of this nation, and people are bitching about not being able to get a decent job, tells you all you need to know about the people bitching.

HKslave - I have mostly just been poking fun in this thread with one slightly serious post

I will give a second more serious post. I am not going into a ton of detail here, but am a hiring manger and have been for decades.

It is just as much up to you to ask questions during an interview, and I mean targeted and intelligent ones. I usually will not hire someone if I say during an interview, ok your turn to ask me questions, what more do you want to know about the job, the company, me, etc

If I get silence or stupid ignorant questions, you will not get the job. you can google and come up with these gerneric interviewee type questions.

That said, there are a lot of bullshit hiring managers out there, PART of your job in interviewing is to figure that out. You would know in 10 minutes of talking to me that I have real jobs and I expect you to work intelligently.

My older daughter graduated college in 2021, not with serious degree that the world would respect, but a degree from a big name school that will keep her employed with a living wage. She has had 3 serious jobs in the year she has been out of college, each with higher and higher pay and more towards what she wants to do in life

Good jobs are out there. Start with researching the company a bit before you even worry about the interview, that might tell you all you need to know. There are also scammers out there, one contacted my daughter, completed multiple interviews with her, sent her an offer letter, all for an attempt at identity theft of my daughters information that they needed on the hiring paperwork. There were red flags, she didn't get stung by the scammers, but again, researching the company before, during and after the interview will many times help you figure out the job is bullshit. Confirm everything before you complete hiring paperwork.

I had personally posted a position and got a total of 2 resumes in 8 weeks. Serious company, serious job, $70k+
The only thing I was told by my recruiting team is, no one is applying to jobs that require going to the office everyday.

In years past, I would have 100's of resumes a week pour in when I posted a job. I have a full time recruiting team at my disposal.

I think covid did several things, and the covid vaccine did as well. Working people died in mass, working people are injured/crippled in mass, many older people that were still working past retirement age, just got fed up and retired. People losing jobs caused them to reevaluate life, and figure out ways to survive on less money (move back in with parents, etc) Combo of all this has caused a labor shortage.

now back to fun
I bought countless walmarts out of their entire inventory of 9mm when they discontinued it, so I paid less for a box of 9mm than you ;)
The single biggest thing, and what I fight with on a daily basis with my senior leadership is remote work. If you work a white collar job from a computer, there is a high probability the job can be remote.

The last 2 years were a proof of concept. People do not want to go back into the office. They do not want to live in high cost of living areas, sit in traffic , put on business attire to sit in a fucking cubicle when they could have saved 2-4 hours of prep/commute time per day and sit at home in their underwear to do the same job for the same money. They can eat at home saving a ton of money. They don't waste money on gas and dry cleaning. They don't have to pay for parking.

Smart companies are adapting, some are even doing location pay leveling. Many companies are run by moronic boomers who do not understand the labor market and what it takes to attract quality candidates. Want to force someone to come to office? You will need to pay them $50-100K more for that inconvenience. Is it really worth that much to have them on site?

Places like where I work are bleeding people because senior management refuses to adapt to the times. I lose great people every week and can't replace them. Once their emails stop working, people stop getting paid or the grid shuts down, they will have to change. Its inevitable remote work will be the standard going forward. Either companies get ahead of it and adapt...or bleed until they are forced to change doing irreparable harm.

Remote work is the 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th concern for anyone looking for a job now. Good workers can pick and choose where to go and they will take the quality of life benefits over pay and projects most of the time.

Lol I’m a millennial.
Tired of supporting leeches
tired of all the shit employees. Lazy and dgaf.
Oh you are? Because that was just an assumption. Which is exactly what you're doing. You must just be one of those people that doesn't actually understand the economy then like the rest of our generation.

You and the rest with your "sick of the leeches attitude seem to think that the second someone is out of a job that the unemployment checks start rolling in on day one, and that they just keep coming in indefinitely while you pay for it.

Employers pay for a thing called unemployment insurance you jackass. And even if they never once approve anyone to receive unemployment checks, they still continuously pay into that pool of money.

Idk who or what you think is leeching off you but it aint me.

The single biggest thing, and what I fight with on a daily basis with my senior leadership is remote work. If you work a white collar job from a computer, there is a high probability the job can be remote.

The last 2 years were a proof of concept. People do not want to go back into the office. They do not want to live in high cost of living areas, sit in traffic , put on business attire to sit in a fucking cubicle when they could have saved 2-4 hours of prep/commute time per day and sit at home in their underwear to do the same job for the same money. They can eat at home saving a ton of money. They don't waste money on gas and dry cleaning. They don't have to pay for parking.

Smart companies are adapting, some are even doing location pay leveling. Many companies are run by moronic boomers who do not understand the labor market and what it takes to attract quality candidates. Want to force someone to come to office? You will need to pay them $50-100K more for that inconvenience. Is it really worth that much to have them on site?

Places like where I work are bleeding people because senior management refuses to adapt to the times. I lose great people every week and can't replace them. Once their emails stop working, people stop getting paid or the grid shuts down, they will have to change. Its inevitable remote work will be the standard going forward. Either companies get ahead of it and adapt...or bleed until they are forced to change doing irreparable harm.

Remote work is the 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th concern for anyone looking for a job now. Good workers can pick and choose where to go and they will take the quality of life benefits over pay and projects most of the time.
Again not going into full details, I will leave it at this
Some jobs must be done onsite, there is no option for them to be done remote.

It’s ppl like you. My costs are off the chart and I’ve never layed anyone off
How the fuck do you think your money is somehow being teleported into my bank account through a check that im not receiving?

you just came on here because youre mad about something but i don't think you even really know what it is

From what I've seen here, it appears that there is another generation just waiting to take the boomer's place. Like they say in Russia, "new boss, same as old boss."
Yeah i didn't actually mean that seriously. This fool @deersniper keeps assuming shit so i threw one back at him.

No your whiny and have no work ethic and it’s everyone else’s fault. Seen you 100x

Sounds just like employees missing work because their 14th grand parent died
Bitch all you been doin is whining about "ooooh i have to pay unemployment insurance like every other business owner in America but its not fair because it makes me mad".

Bitch, go stick your head up your own ass where youre safe from generation lay-Z.

If someone told me that I’d be hunting a new job the same day.

I did quit a couple of jobs shortly after that was said. I know that I can be a pain in the ass though because I don't cut corners just to save the company a few bucks. I build or repair shit as if it were my own. I won't halfass shit just because someone that's never done my job says I should. I also don't sugar coat shit which tends to cause issues.

I did quit a couple of jobs shortly after that was said. I know that I can be a pain in the ass though because I don't cut corners just to save the company a few bucks. I build or repair shit as if it were my own. I won't halfass shit just because someone that's never done my job says I should. I also don't sugar coat shit which tends to cause issues.
Thats just called an abrasive personality its a common character trait in people that get shit done and dont tolerate half assed co workers

Reactions: Bradu
An unintended consequence of the scamdemic, is that it showed people the value of their time, and it showed them how much of their time and money is wasted by working.

Commute time, gas, clothes, etc.

Seriously, I’m pretty sure people lose money working even at $15 an hour.

People realized that it’s not worth it, and to make it worth it, employers need to open the wallet…or hire a bunch of wage suppressing immigrants.

On remote work, I’d love to foist costs of work on employees. Shit like toilet paper, utilities, internet and internet support, paper, ink, printers, etc. Think about how much time is saved in your life remote working, and how much time is saved not going to redundant dumb fuck meetings.

Shit costs more, so if people want workers then they have to pay more or offer other benefits. It’s that simple.

An unintended consequence of the scamdemic, is that it showed people the value of their time, and it showed them how much of their time and money is wasted by working.

Commute time, gas, clothes, etc.

Seriously, I’m pretty sure people lose money working even at $15 an hour.

People realized that it’s not worth it, and to make it worth it, employers need to open the wallet…or hire a bunch of wage suppressing immigrants.

On remote work, I’d love to foist costs of work on employees. Shit like toilet paper, utilities, internet and internet support, paper, ink, printers, etc. Think about how much time is saved in your life remote working, and how much time is saved not going to redundant dumb fuck meetings.

Shit costs more, so if people want workers then they have to pay more or offer other benefits. It’s that simple.

My girlfriend basically works remote, but has to go in X days a week, it make zero logical sense, I’ve come to the conclusion it’s just job security for pointless mid level management; if everyone was remote the amount of pointless managers would be decimal to the left.

Thats just called an abrasive personality its a common character trait in people that get shit done and dont tolerate half assed co workers

That's exactly how it's been worded lol. I also have problems with half ass coworkers that cause me to do a lot of rework. Never enough time to do it right the first time but I always have to make time to fix it the right way...Companies don't like that personality, they are content with mediocre employees that get along and go through the motions.

My girlfriend basically works remote, but has to go in X days a week, it make zero logical sense, I’ve come to the conclusion it’s just job security for pointless mid level management; if everyone was remote the amount of pointless managers would be decimal to the left.
I agree with this. I also believe that the elite class wants workers back to support the city centers by buying dumb shit.

My hats off to the younger millennials and Gen-z. I honestly hope they keep it up.

A bit of wisdom from a hooker: “Gen z isn’t lazy, they just don’t want to accept $13.50 an hour for a job that 2 generations ago paid for a family, house, car, college, and vacations with only a high school diploma.” She’s a smart one, and has a big ass.

Bitch, go stick your head up your own ass where youre safe from generation lay-Z
You’re so typical

Never had responsibility never cultivated a work ethic. When the going gets tough you quit

Good at running their mouth cause no one has set you straight. Either your parents or class mates

Quits welding cause it’s too hard , to go get some retiree job answering phones and mounting Barskas and Simmons.

Blames someone else (employers and boomers ) for all his failings

Gen z isn’t lazy
No they are
Just like all our welfare scum. Not the jobs they won’t do. The jobs they don’t have to do cause someone’s paying for them

Some of you all need to hire and employ people. Or talk to people that do.

No they are
Just like all our welfare scum. Not the jobs they won’t do. The jobs they don’t have to do cause someone’s paying for them

I see them all the time. The ones I know are hard workers. Good solid people, who want their piece of the American dream.

You don't see this in the trades or any real profession. People know their worth and their skills are in demand. Fuck you pay me or I go work for your competitor for even more and take all your clients with me. Especially in the last 2 years where the worker has ALL the leverage.
^^^This right here^^^. I've been sitting out the labor market for my specialties for over a year now. I've worked for too many top heavy companies with middle management whose only goal is to come up with ways to justify their existence. They add zero contribution to getting the final product out the door. Their illogical decisions make the front line tradesman's job harder just so their job is easier. When and if they trim the useless fat, I'll go back to work.

Once all the middle management fat gets trimmed out the budget, that leaves plenty leftover to pay the front line tradesmen what they are actually worth.

Last edited:
No they are

In my experience, every generation has become lazy. I think the boomers have watched the younger generations get by with it and have decided to join them. The older generation also acts like they are entitled to be able to take it easy until they retire. The workforce has become pretty fucking sad in the last 10 years.

Reactions: deersniper
You’re so typical

Never had responsibility never cultivated a work ethic. When the going gets tough you quit

Good at running their mouth cause no one has set you straight. Either your parents or class mates

Quits welding cause it’s too hard , to go get some retiree job answering phones and mounting Barskas and Simmons.

Blames someone else (employers and boomers ) for all his failings
Yeah bitch life is hard in this street. Its cold out here stuffin ya jacket full of newspaper so ya ass dont freeze to death at night.

I dont need your welfare bitch. Cripset gon run up in yo house and clean you out boy. Then who gon be a broke bitch?

No they are

I’ve met folks of every age who rocked, and who sucked.

The folks who says “son I’ve been doing this for XYZ years” I’m like what’s it like to suck for that long?

Managing to still exist, like the proverbial cockroach, for however many years is far less impressive as what you have done, show me some examples of your work.

I’m equal opportunity with my praise and my dragging through the mud, don’t care you age/sex/race/religion/etc, show me why I should give you my business and the best wins.