• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wyatt's .308 Detachable Magazine Assembly

gun-rx

Private
Minuteman
Now taking orders for our new DetMag assembly. Trigger guard assembly is machined out of billet aluminum, magazines are steel. Retail per unit is $223.00 and includes one magazine. Mags are 5 shot cap. Spare mags are $54.00 ea. Order at Wyatt's Outdoor, Inc. 4856 Pioneer Rd. Medford, Oregon 97501 541-776-8417 or email at [email protected]
308A1.jpg

Re: Wyatt's .308 Detachable Magazine Assembly

got any pics? what max OAL will the mag allow?

Best drop in unit by far. Have one in hand, no pics though. SWEET!

what action do these fit

Yes on the mags, not sure about 10 rounders, Rem 700 SA.

Mag OAL is 2.880

These are a drop in fit for a Remington M-700 short action. 10 round mags are not in the immediate future. Sorry for not posting a pic, I'm still trying to get it uploaded on my website.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....are they available now?

Looks to be on blocked stocks anyway 100% drop in. On a couple of the non blocked stocks, the front of the mag box area needed opened up on the sides.

This unit sets just like the original bottom metal (BDL floorplate).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SINGLE.SHOT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">will they work for 300 wsm????? </div></div>

2.880 is not a lot of room for the WSM, you may want to wait for the Seekins BM as its going to allow over 3" OAL, or use a AICS mag with the front plate taken out (like the AccurateMag WSM magazine) wich will give you 2.980" OAL.

Didnt mean to hijack the thread.

These will not work with the WSM, the ctg. stop bends in the side of the mag box want to capture the front of the shoulder when feeding. They are designed to work with 308 and 7x57 based cases. These use a proprietary magazine which I currently have 250 in stock. Currently have 5 units for sale, picking up 50 more trigger guard assemblies tomorrow for anodizing. Should have those ready late next week. 300 more to follow. Kevin Wyatt

I have a question.

Where is the mag realease, is it in the stock release spot? Is there the possibility of putting a larger release in the trigger guard to make it easier to release?

Looks to be in the trigger guard, same as a BDL bottom metal.

Tried one of these today on a stiller tac 30 and it would not drop in. The bottom magazine port is not cut far enough back. I can't see how it will work on a remington either without milling out the rear of the port. It worked fine on the stiller predator, but they are .130 longer than a standard remington in this area. Other than that, it fed perfectly on the stiller predator. Ran some 22-243 cases and some 6x47 cases no problem.

I pretty sure those issues are taken care of.

could you explain how these issues are taken care of. I just got this bottom metal two days ago from wyatts. The back of the clip will not go up in the port. It hits in the back of the opening just in front of the adl magazine screw hole. On the predators this area is cut back .130. no problem there.

I don't have any pics. I ordered three of these units. I sent one to a buddy of mine who is a smith in okc. He told me about this problem trying to install it in his own action. I can tell you that if he says it wont work without mods, it won't, unless there is something different with his tac 30 action.

Will get back on this hopefully this evening. Have one to install and will verify on my end, maybe with pics.

If its the same problem that the CDI has then you have to modify the magazine or the action a bit,

This is the first I've heard of this problem. In the pic on my website, I show a Rem. factory .243 SPS with one of the units installed. There is a cutout at the back of the magazine that allows clearance of the center guard screw island. I've installed these in numerous factory rifles before you guys ever saw them. But, if there is a problem I'll get to the bottom of it. Kevin Wyatt

Figured out what the problem is. The island for the adl guard screw on a stiller tac 30 is .500 wide compared to remingtons .300 wide. You can't slot the magazine any wider at the back to fix this. You have to mill the island to .300 wide about .040 or .050 deep or back toward the rear of the action to fix this. I don't know why stiller made it this wide back there, but they did. I checked a surgeon action today and it looks like it will work fine. It measured .300 wide on the island.

Pics of the DM in a B&C 2956 Lt Tactical.

Very nice Kevin. Definitely a drop in unit for a factory rig. This rifle has an older Timney Trigger with the square housing in front of the trigger shoe. The newer ones are rounded. With the square older version, I had to machine out a pocket so there was no interference. .1" deep, .080 forward.

th_IMG_2012.jpg

th_IMG_2017.jpg

th_IMG_2015.jpg

I think I will order one. MidwayUSA carries these and they are selling 10 rd mags too. I'm reading good things about these units.

I have one of these as does a friend. It dropped right in on 700P's HSP factory stock, also have used it in a B&C A2,A3, and A5 - had to file the front take-down screw just a touch otherwise it fit perfect. Have one in my McMillan A5 with factory 700 inletting and I did have to sand a very small ammount of the front slot. Used it with two different 700 receivers, both .308.
My friend had a problem with his and it was due to his 700 receiver - the rear of the clip slot had to be opened a tad to get it to fit.

We chose the Wyatt's because we want the option of going back to the internal magazine and this is the one that does that. I have not used it much since both our rifles were sent off for truing & barrels and have not come back yet but it feed very well the few times I did use it. I have not tried the 10 round mags but have seen them on Midway's website.

I see that 10 round .308 mags are up for sale. How far below the trigger guard do they go to? Any pics of one installed?