• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

Re: XLR Chassis Stock

I'm glad i ordered mine for my 300wm when the wait was only 2 weeks. Once I had it in my hands I knew the waiting times would get much longer once the word spread. I'll gladly order another. I'd like to use one for a 243 build and was hoping kyle could work out an extra lightweight version, but at this rate I looks like he'll be too busy just fulfilling orders for a while. Good for for them!

waiting for tracking number, could be any moment.
wink.gif

From a quick study of the pistol grip location, I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned an issue with the ergonomics for the web of the hand between the thumb and pointer finger. The upper shelf looks to be an aggressive V that drops off the rear shelf where the stock connects.

Has this simply not been an issue? Is this an area that current owners would like to improve on the chassis design?

Or am I all wet with this concern?

I tend to hold high on my AR grips which is why I prefer the Magpul MIADs with the curved back panel. As I understand it, MIADs would not be compatible with the back panel. Correct?

For anyone who has one in hand; is the grip hollow, open on the bottom or closed off? Looking for a place to stash some weight. Sent a check this week so hopefully I'll hear soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wtmgdh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For anyone who has one in hand; is the grip hollow, open on the bottom or closed off? Looking for a place to stash some weight. Sent a check this week so hopefully I'll hear soon.</div></div>

Yes, open and hollow.

i can't speak for you personally because i'm sure you have a grip that you have been comfortable with but from my stand point the grip is nice.its not to agressive for my style and i havn't had any problms with getting comortable with it<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattmcg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From a quick study of the pistol grip location, I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned an issue with the ergonomics for the web of the hand between the thumb and pointer finger. The upper shelf looks to be an aggressive V that drops off the rear shelf where the stock connects.

Has this simply not been an issue? Is this an area that current owners would like to improve on the chassis design?

Or am I all wet with this concern?

I tend to hold high on my AR grips which is why I prefer the Magpul MIADs with the curved back panel. As I understand it, MIADs would not be compatible with the back panel. Correct? </div></div>

I tried to call Kyle the last 2 days, no answer, and I should get the tracking number this week, but nothing,I was wondering if anybody was able to talk with him lately?

Answer to my question, Kyle just called me back, and he said everything ready except he is waiting for a buffer tube. So it will be few days I hope. It is for everybody so if you are waiting for it don't worry we are getting close
smile.gif

Just checked the whole thread and was wondering if anyone has the torque specs for all the following....
adjustment bolts on the stock-
folding stock anchor bolts-
front forearm bolts-
acc rails etc-
action bolts for a Savage 10PC-
and as an extra-IOR rings?
Thanks for any help with this, will be using the new Borka kit for this system to switch between complete 308 and 223 actions.

In the instructions that Kyle sent with my chassis the only torque specs that he provided were for the action screws, which he states to tighten to 55 in-lbs. I'm assusming that everything else can just be tightened until you feel it's adequate.

As far as I understand, torque specs are provided for action screws to provide repeatablity when the action is removed from the stock/chassis, and to ensure that there isn't undue stress on the action from overtightening.

in my instructions kyle said to tighten the action screws to 65 inch pounds and the cap bolts to 45 inch pounds. this is on a savage 110 action

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: icedragonmx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>
Will this stock work with the PC's and the bottom bolt release??Savage's torque specs are 40 in.lbs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tip2oo3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: icedragonmx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>
Will this stock work with the PC's and the bottom bolt release??Savage's torque specs are 40 in.lbs </div></div>

As long as you tell Kyle that is what you need. I have the bottom bolt release on my FCP-K and it worked fine. Kyle machines in a little slotted bolt that slides back and forth:

tan_014mod_op_800x533.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tip2oo3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: icedragonmx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>
Will this stock work with the PC's and the bottom bolt release??Savage's torque specs are 40 in.lbs </div></div>

As long as you tell Kyle that is what you need. I have the bottom bolt release on my FCP-K and it worked fine. Kyle machines in a little slotted bolt that slides back and forth:

tan_014mod_op_800x533.jpg
</div></div>
When you lift the action out of the chassis will that bolt need to be undone or adjusted to different actions or will it just press against the existing bolt release? Great picture! Thanks

Just put together this lefty 300WM; the scope is inbound.

358axbt.jpg

j9u0xy.jpg

2n9xchu.jpg

Thanks to Kyle for all his help!

I've got my scope mounted on medium rings, without the sunshade I have perfect height about two quarters will bit between my tube and the objective. Once I put my sun shade on I have enough clearance to run 4 peices of paper between the tube and the shade. Would recoil on a 308 be to much to have it this close to the tube? There really isn't much recoil at all compared to let's say a rem700 w/ a 20" barrel. I really don't want to go with any higher rings there pretty high as it is.

what type of base do you have?i've got a 20 moa base and a 44mm oblective and have to run extra high rings.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DUB19K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got my scope mounted on medium rings, without the sunshade I have perfect height about two quarters will bit between my tube and the objective. Once I put my sun shade on I have enough clearance to run 4 peices of paper between the tube and the shade. Would recoil on a 308 be to much to have it this close to the tube? There really isn't much recoil at all compared to let's say a rem700 w/ a 20" barrel. I really don't want to go with any higher rings there pretty high as it is. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bogger02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what type of base do you have?i've got a 20 moa base and a 44mm oblective and have to run extra high rings.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DUB19K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got my scope mounted on medium rings, without the sunshade I have perfect height about two quarters will bit between my tube and the objective. Once I put my sun shade on I have enough clearance to run 4 peices of paper between the tube and the shade. Would recoil on a 308 be to much to have it this close to the tube? There really isn't much recoil at all compared to let's say a rem700 w/ a 20" barrel. I really don't want to go with any higher rings there pretty high as it is. </div></div> </div></div>

I have a egw 20moa base on it my objective is 50mm
With sunshade..
2582y6r.jpg

Without sunshade..
szap8n.jpg

I'm at 8 weeks now , so it is just me or others order has delays because the buffer tube ?

I ordered mine on April 4th and I haven't heard anything. Doesn't really matter because I just found out Friday that the barrel I ordered for it on the same day is another 6-8 weeks out from the 6-8 weeks that I was quoted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tigerbikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just put together this lefty 300WM; the scope is inbound.

358axbt.jpg

j9u0xy.jpg

2n9xchu.jpg

Thanks to Kyle for all his help!</div></div>

Very sharp!

Thanks for developing such a nice product at a reasonable cost. You will be sending a few of these to Texas soon.

Kyle's work is excellent. I just received my second XLR chassis for my competition rig. He took my feedback into account and rolled it into the main line. I feel that it's important to have a good relationship with those who support your competition equip and Kyle is excellent at that, not to mention a huge supporter of tactical precision rifle.

Not to mention that I won the chassis at the Mesquite Creek Ranch rifle match which was an outstanding competition, and thus his support of the sport has generated even more supporters and customers.

I'd love to see a very lightweight SA version. I'll be buying my second XLR for a savage 243 one of these days.

Probably 2 more weeks , because the buffer tubing delays, so i will get it at 11 weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tigerbikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just put together this lefty 300WM; the scope is inbound.

358axbt.jpg

j9u0xy.jpg

2n9xchu.jpg

Thanks to Kyle for all his help! </div></div>

Which action?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> probably 2 more weeks , because the buffer tubing delays, so at 11 weeks. Everybody so polite, and happy to not getting in time what they ordered. I understand other companies has a longer order period, but it was promised 6 weeks, and after 7 weeks, no it will 11 weeks. When cnc machine shops take more orders than what are capable of this is exactly what happen. The buffer tubing is made by a different shop , so it isn't Kyle fault, but If this would happen with me, I would push it more or would find a different "tube maker " shop to keep my schedule tight for my customers.I wanted to take my dad to the range to try my rifle, and because this delays I can't do it because he will fly back to home, and I don't think I will have a chance in the near future to let him try it. I'm kinda upset and make my stomach moving when I'm reading all of those "honey sucker" post how wonderful is the delay , and it is not a problem. It is a problem, and I know Kyle is a nice guy , and he makes perfect chassis , but I was hoping I will get in time what was promised..</div></div>

First let me say that I'm sorry that you and your dad couldn't take the new chassis out shooting. I lost my dad last year and shooting is something that we did together that I miss dearly.

With that out of the way, Kyle is about as stand-up a guy as exists and will do whatever is in his power to satisfy his customers. I had a problem with my chassis bolting up due to having a timed and trued reciever that was shorter than a Savage spec'd reciever. Kyle fixed the problem free of charge and in a VERY timely manner. Didn't even ask me to pay return shipping, all for something that WAS NOT his fault.

As far as getting a alternate supplier on board, well that is an option but not as easily realized as some might think. I'm sure that he has an agreement for the parts that he contracts out. With that agreement a price is established, I assume, that factors into the cost of the chassis and his profits. Going to another supplier may throw his pricing out of whack or erode his profit margin. And that is if he can find an alternate supplier in the midst of performing other operations within his company.

I'm just trying to open peoples eyes and let them know that I'd be totally suprised if Kyle wasn't doing everything in his power, and within reason, to get chassis' out to his customers.

For what its worth I understand that it's easy for me to say this as I already have my chassis.

Just my two cents, I hope that everyone waiting on a chassis get's them soon. You won't be disappointed in the product.

Does the HD chassis for the TRG-42 use the Sako mags or does it use AI mags?

Thank you Jeo!
The first good news, I was able to change the flying ticket , so my dad can stay more with us. It is not about to shoot with an xlr,
smile.gif
, it is about he is very sick, and I tried to made him stop smoking. I got the best E-cigarette, and after 40 years smoking he quit almost 2 weeks now! It is amazing, he feels much better , he has better appetite , he can walk without stop every 5 minutes, because he couldn't catch his breath .So if I will get the chassis next week, (what I'm not sure...) he might come with me to the Bush park, (1000 yards range) and will have fun. Thank you for your post , I know Kyle is trying everything, I'm thinking of myself to open a cnc shop here and do a something like this, because everybody is loaded with works, and if you do a great job like Kyle, you will make money, and people will satisfied .
have a great weekend my friend!

MG, The TRG chassis uses the AICS CIP length magazines.

Attila, Buffer tubes are on the way as of today! Not much longer now. Thanks for the patience.

-Kyle ~ XLR Industries

Thanks. I assume that the TRG chassis doesn't include the trigger guard since the TRG trigger assembly has the trigger guard and mag release built?

Also, I'm not super knowledgeable on AI mags. When you say CIP length are you talking about the CIP .338 Lapua mags?

I will get mine tomorrow, via ups. It was exactly 11 weeks, but i will be a happiest person tomorrow afternoon
smile.gif

It is recommend any specific torque when I will put it together the chassis? Is a recommended inch / pound number?

Got it this afternoon
smile.gif
I had couple of questions, my hand guard is off a bit, and I don't know it is normal or not. Also I noticed the butt stock with a buffer tube is not solid, it has a little movement because the folding mechanism's spring. Is it normal?
xlr.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Attila The Hun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got it this afternoon
smile.gif
I had couple of questions, my hand guard is off a bit, and I don't know it is normal or not. Also I noticed the butt stock with a buffer tube is not solid, it has a little movement because the folding mechanism's spring. Is it normal?
</div></div>

Attila,

The handguard being off-centered a bit is no worry. My .338LM in the XLR is the same.....

DSC00060.jpg

Hard to see it in the pic, but the barrel is slightly off-centered in mine as well. Regarding the folder, it's possible to have a bit of play in it as well. Nothing short of an AICS 2.0 folder will lock up like FT. Knox.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Attila The Hun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got it this afternoon
smile.gif
</div></div>

I prefer the tube offset as it allows more room for a scope with larger objective.

XLR doesn't make the folders for the butt stocks. They add them as a service to their customers. For my non-sniper purposes a folder isn't necessary, so I don't run one.

You appear to be a whiner Atilla. People like you seem to have problems with every vendor they deal with. Hopefully you never order a faulty hand grenade that explodes in your living room. That would be a real tragedy....

Thanks,
-Chris

I just wanted to be sure if is usual. I didnt want to find out at the range if i did something wrong with the install. So i'm not a whiner...
I was curries how is suppose to work.
Attila