• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

XLR Chassis Stock

Re: XLR Chassis Stock

Got mine an hour ago. Very nice workmanship and lighter than I expected. The new tactical stock is very nice too. 5 round AI mags fit nicely, 10 round AI mag was a little snug but will probably loosen up with a little use.

I will work on it tomorrow. I need to trim my scope rail and take my time so I don't mess anything up.

I need to bail on work someday next week and get to the range.

Here's mine all put together:

P1040202.jpg

Savage 110FCP-K .300 Win Mag pretty much stock at this point.

The quality of the stock is great and it fits nice and tight. I need to get out and re-zero everything and see if there was any change to the accuracy.

It's nice to have a decent magazine option too. The 10 rounder is more for show - I have some five rounders that aren't so huge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's mine all put together:

P1040202.jpg

Savage 110FCP-K .300 Win Mag pretty much stock at this point.

The quality of the stock is great and it fits nice and tight. I need to get out and re-zero everything and see if there was any change to the accuracy.

It's nice to have a decent magazine option too. The 10 rounder is more for show - I have some five rounders that aren't so huge.

</div></div>

Very nice!! What is the hight of your rings? I will be building the exact rifle you have, but in 7mmRM. What bbl lenght is that also?

Rings were:

NightForce UltraLite 30mm X-High Titanium/Alloy Ring Set - 1.265 NF1265UL

It's mounted on an EGW 20 MOA Rail. (FYI - I had to cut the first ridge/bump off).

Kyle has a formula for calculating the ring height here:

http://www.xlrindustries.com/Technical.html

My calculations were borderline between the two NF Ring sizes and I went with the higher choice which was good because the scope cover is a tight fit.

Barrel is 26 inches (I think).

kyle is one top notched guy to deal with.poor fella was probably about ready to have a nervous breakdown dealing with me trying to see if what i wanted will work or not.

Here she is...
1.jpg

2.jpg

This stock rocks!!!!!!!! I've shot lots and lots of sticks with a range of stocks. I can easily say this is by far the best stock setup I've come across. It's sleek yet rugged and SIMPLE. It is also designed to add pretty much whatever you want for a wide range of mission needs. I appreciate the integrity of the folder it appears to return to zero once folded. I don't anticipate a change to POI after being folded. I've run in to this issue with other folders.

If you're considering an upgraded stock. GET THIS ONE! Don't waist money on the others... trust me. You simply can't beat the quality and price. After finally getting my hands on it, I would easily pay twice the cost and still feel good about the purchase.

Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC .308.
Millett LRS 6-25 x 56mm
KRG Bolt-Lift (get one they're great!)
YHM .338 QD Muzzle Brake for my .338 YHM CAN. (still waiting for it)

Next stop... to the paint shop. Project in progress will post more pics when done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Attila The Hun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is it XLR butt stock or something else?
</div></div>

yes, it is the new style buttstock

Ordered mine about 30 min ago! 7mmRM build finally off the back burner!

I ordered a few small things from him today.Kyle is great to work with on the phone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uh, why do you got it on your bed? </div></div>

Look at it. Where else would it belong?

i ordered one today! i cant wait. it is going to be a long six weeks!

I ordered few days ago, and Kyle told me with a little luck can be faster than 6 weeks.:)
I ordered without butt stock, where can I find a bargain magpul butt stock?

Right now I'm sitting at 8 weeks, and still counting. I emailed Kyle last week and have not got a response back yet. I hope he's just busy with all the orders and will be sending out an email shortly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triman2008</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right now I'm sitting at 8 weeks, and still counting. I emailed Kyle last week and have not got a response back yet. I hope he's just busy with all the orders and will be sending out an email shortly. </div></div>I am also at 8 weeks . I think i will give him a call tommorow .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triman2008</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right now I'm sitting at 8 weeks, and still counting. I emailed Kyle last week and have not got a response back yet. I hope he's just busy with all the orders and will be sending out an email shortly. </div></div>
I'm sure he is busy getting stuff out but I'm also surprised you haven't heard back, he was pretty good about returning my emails.
Mine was expected to be 5-6 weeks but took 8 here it is:
Savage 10FCP-K
xlr1.jpg

For those worried about ring heights ... shown is PR 3-15x50 on a NF 20 moa rail and Badger 1.125" rings. My original Seekins .92 rings were too low (the lip of the objective just touched the handguard) I knew it would be close so I ordered the Badgers. The 1.0" would have cleared the guard but IMO would be too low. YMMV

Hey Guys, I do apologize for those that had delayed shipping. We have had a large increase in demand and I am still learning this projected delivery date thing. It is important to me to keep production times short for you guys. We put more CNC's on the line to speed up production but then our anodizing could not keep up. We are installing a larger anodizing studio this week so we should be back on track in the next few days.

Thanks for your patience and please contact me with any concerns.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR Industries
[email protected]

Have not recieved mine yet but I am so sure it will be worth the wait! Keep up the great work and thanks. PS: I will post pics as soon as it's together.

Sould be REAL soon and I will have mine in hand! 700 LA w/338 CIP DBM for my 700 MLR.

I will have to say, Kyle's service is top-notch!!

Kyle is a stand up guy. I will be going back to him with my next build. I am very excited to receive my stock, and get out there and shoot a little. Thanks again Kyle, and I hope you stay busy with the increasing demand for your product. I know that if I have a friend looking for a stock, I will give them your name.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uh, why do you got it on your bed? </div></div>

My wife moved to the couch. For some reason she just wasn't into the whole "threesome" idea...

Kyle is super with communication and very patient
wink.gif

I'm waiting on confirmation on my action, then I am ordering an HD stock with options for my 375 project and will be eagerly awaiting his bull-pup design to replace my AICS stock and make it even shorter/lighter.

XLR=A#1

quick question, the Magpul UBR Utility Battle Stock will fit on the chassis?

Well first and foremost.....a HUGE thanks to Kyle at XLR. He came through big time. He 2-day air'd my chassis so I could have it before the weekend. Thanks again Kyle. Now on to the chassis.

I haven't had time to really give a review, but what I can say is this thing is ADJUSTABLE!!!! I toyed with it for the last hour and half, and think I finally got it where I want it. Only range time will be needed. I wish I could say more right now, but it's midnight......and I'm tired. Here are a few quick pics I did for you guy. I know there crappy, but it was last minute. Enjoy.

208471_2025841088343_1313504679_2421101_8145003_n.jpg

215082_2025841208346_1313504679_2421102_3591805_n.jpg

206251_2025842488378_1313504679_2421108_7441700_n.jpg

207511_2025842208371_1313504679_2421107_4433042_n.jpg

Thanks Kyle
Very nice guy to deal with he next day aired my stock to me. FN PBR .308 ,Bills bolt knob,Super Sniper 10X42 side focus,cryoed barrel and action,18 tooth AAC muzzle brake,AAC 7.62SD . Cant wait to get out to the range .
XLRStock038.jpg

XLRStock037.jpg

XLRStock045.jpg

XLRStock044.jpg

XLRStock035.jpg

XLRStock031.jpg

XLRStock015.jpg

Any of you have a Savage 10 FP 4.4" bolt spacing on thin evolution Chassis? I was wondering what scope rings you are have on it...

This has probably been answered somewhere in here, but with a Remington 700 action with a heavy 20" barrel about how much does one of these chassis weigh?

Packing slip on mine the stock,2 10 round and 1 5 round magazine box and generous amount of bubble wrap weighed 7 lbs of course that is only the chassis couldent tell you how much the whole gun weighs

Well guys, I recieved my XLR chassis last Friday and I'm totally pleased that I choose this system.

Out of the box I inspected the chassis to find a literal work of art. I serioulsy wasn't sold on the looks of this system but decided that it was the best value for a Savage LA. Obviously my opinion has changed significantly, it looks amazing and feels even better.

Without even chaning the stocks length of pull and cheek adjustment I could tell that this thing is going to make shooting effectively a lot easier than a standard hunting style stock that I'm acustomed to.

All in all the XLR chassis is a great product all on it own, not to mention the customer service that Kyle provides that makes the choice a no-brainer.

So where are the picks of the rig?

Well, here is a testiment to Kyle's customer service and my own stupidity.

So I opened up my chassis and proceed to follow the installation instructions. However, I cannot seem to get the action screws to catch the treads on the bottom of my action.
So I'm slightly confused and at this point think that something is wrong with my chassis. So I email Kyle and wait for a response. Then a light goes off in my head, the action that I purchased used, had been T&T'd by SSS and the front face of the action had had some material removed. Kyle machines his chassis to stock specs so my action is just a hair short.

By the time I realize my stupidity Kyle is already calling me on my cell to iron out a problem that isn't his fault or his responsibility. I explain that the action had some taken off the face and we agree that is the reason that the chassis isn't bolting up. I offer to pay for any maching that is needed to make the chassis work and Kyle says not to worry about it. Tells me to mail the chassis back to him and he'll slip it into the CNC machine right away.

I don't think that I need to say much more. A great product with what could possibly the best CS in the industry.

Don't hesitate to give this man your business, you will not be disappointed.

Thanks Kyle,

Kyle,
Here is a Great Big Grateful, THANK YOU!!!!!
This chassis is absolutely awesome to shoulder. I was a bit apprehensive about selling my 2.0 AISC. Man I am happy to be rid of it.
I'm late for work, but here are the photos.
photo.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo1.jpg

14.jpg

10.jpg

GAP .243
Badger M2008
Alpha Mags.
25" Bartlein
USO Tpal, MPR-MIL/MIL.
Pad Claws
Harris BRM-S 6-9
KMW
Hydro Graphics by, Northwest Hydro-Print.

Wow that looks awesome. Is that finish something that you did or can it be had by anyone from XLR?

STS, you just made up my mind for me......

I'm definetely getting my Chassis dipped.

Might be the best looking rig I've ever seen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Attila The Hun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pyplynr , what scope you got on it? </div></div>
All I have right now is the action. 2 weeks after I get my stock I should be getting my new bbl from Jim at Northland.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeo556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STS, you just made up my mind for me......

I'm definetely getting my Chassis dipped.

Might be the best looking rig I've ever seen. </div></div>

From this I gather the finish was something you did after you got it from XLR.

Ordered mine this morning for Savage 10 FCP in .308. Looking forward to getting these 7 weeks past so I can try it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad to see all the excitement guys. We have the CNC's running over 15 hours a day 6 days a week trying to get these to you as fast as possible.

Here is a picture of about 50 action blocks waiting for anodizing or for butt stocks.

Maybe one of these is yours...
wink.gif

-Kyle ~ XLR Industries

actionblcoks004_crop.jpg
</div></div>

Quit taking pics and send them to us!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SHAKAZULU</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here she is...
1.jpg

2.jpg

This stock rocks!!!!!!!! I've shot lots and lots of sticks with a range of stocks. I can easily say this is by far the best stock setup I've come across. It's sleek yet rugged and SIMPLE. It is also designed to add pretty much whatever you want for a wide range of mission needs. I appreciate the integrity of the folder it appears to return to zero once folded. I don't anticipate a change to POI after being folded. I've run in to this issue with other folders.

If you're considering an upgraded stock. GET THIS ONE! Don't waist money on the others... trust me. You simply can't beat the quality and price. After finally getting my hands on it, I would easily pay twice the cost and still feel good about the purchase.

Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC .308.
Millett LRS 6-25 x 56mm
KRG Bolt-Lift (get one they're great!)
YHM .338 QD Muzzle Brake for my .338 YHM CAN. (still waiting for it)

Next stop... to the paint shop. Project in progress will post more pics when done.
</div></div>

Offtopic but I have to ask how you like your Millett LRS 6-25 x 56mm I got 4 of them in a few months back and havent got to play with them?