• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

Re: XLR Chassis Stock

Now that's a sniperish picture. Any other close-ups?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now that's a sniperish picture. Any other close-ups?
grin.gif
</div></div>

+1....or more please
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now that's a sniperish picture. Any other close-ups?
grin.gif
</div></div>

+1....or more please
smile.gif
</div></div>

Thanks, will try for more soon at a new spot.

IMG_1243.jpg

Crossing my fingers for a tracking number by the end of the week. If it holds up, huge thumbs up for Kyle as that's almost the exact lead time I was given 9 weeks or so ago when I ordered. Not easy to do, so impressive. Camera is charged and I have a long overdue date with some steel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: icedragonmx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now that's a sniperish picture. Any other close-ups?
grin.gif
</div></div>

+1....or more please
smile.gif
</div></div>

IMG_1243.jpg
</div></div>

Oh shit! It looks like someone found themselves a good spot!
smile.gif

And has anyone measured to see what the length of the rifle is when the butt stock is in the folded posistion with a 20'' barrel??

Mine Savage 10FP 308 is for sale with the xlr Chassis. +scope, 2 mags, bipod,etc. Let me know if you are interested in, I will send photos.

A question for the guys running the folding buttstock. From the pics I've seen the folding mechanism looks kinda bulky, does the top of your hand ever rub on it? It seems all you guys love this chassis and it functions well. Just can't decide if I wanna go this route. Anyone running one with a defiance action? I would love to see some pics with a defiance action in one.

Thanks,
Kelly

The base of my thumb touches the folding mechanism but not enough to be bothersome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okrebel92</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: icedragonmx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now that's a sniperish picture. Any other close-ups?
grin.gif
</div></div>

+1....or more please
smile.gif
</div></div>

IMG_1243.jpg
</div></div>

Oh shit! It looks like someone found themselves a good spot!
smile.gif

And has anyone measured to see what the length of the rifle is when the butt stock is in the folded posistion with a 20'' barrel?? </div></div>

With the 20" barrel and the folder mine is 29.75"- Hope that helps

From this weekend-new spot #2- tried for a cool picture..

Need a 4x4 or mountain bike to get to it but a nice spot on a lake that gives me shots at 554y, 871y (pictured), 1010y, 1240 and 1263yards. Had the .223 with 16.75" barrel and needed 30.5moa to reach 871y. I am going to need to learn to read the winds now!
blush.gif

PicsSept25-11246.jpg

PicsSept25-11265.jpg

30x to 871 yards
PicsSept25-11303.jpg

I go up to Ontario every year fishing and have dreamed of being able to take my rifle. Wide open spaces, no one around and plenty of large rocks to shoot at. Wish they'd loosen the regs a bit and allow it.
frown.gif

oh boy...your range could stand to use a little water! Nice range!!! Back to the dirt...

Got mine in today. Big thanks to Kyle. Answered all my questions and overnighted my chassis so I could have it in time for a shoot on Thursday.

The mystery brownish/redstone color came out great and the fit and finish are excellent. I was also surprised at how light the whole package is. I don't think the XLR has much more than a pound on my factory accustock with a sand/spray foam/putty fill.

I'll have photos up later tonight but I did want to chime in about ring height since that's a hot topic. I used a Weaver (brand, not style) 20MOA rail with Burris XTR mediums and a PST 50mm. The bell sits almost perfect, just under .2" from the handguard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">someday mine will get here and it will be glorious </div></div>

I'll echo everyone else and tell you that the wait will be worth it.

Y'all are making me jealous. As soon as I get some funds back from work I'll be able to order one, but until then all I can do is drool all over everyone else's on here!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I go up to Ontario every year fishing and have dreamed of being able to take my rifle. Wide open spaces, no one around and plenty of large rocks to shoot at. Wish they'd loosen the regs a bit and allow it.
frown.gif
</div></div>

I live here and wish they would allow the AR's to be used in the woods. A bolt gun is no worries but most semi's are not allowed off the range. A few nice places here to play regardless of the limits.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: icedragonmx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From this weekend-new spot #2- tried for a cool picture..

Need a 4x4 or mountain bike to get to it but a nice spot on a lake that gives me shots at 554y, 871y (pictured), 1010y, 1240 and 1263yards. Had the .223 with 16.75" barrel and needed 30.5moa to reach 871y. I am going to need to learn to read the winds now!
blush.gif

PicsSept25-11246.jpg

PicsSept25-11265.jpg

30x to 871 yards
PicsSept25-11303.jpg
</div></div>

You lucky SOB!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As promised. Sorry, no time to edit.

</div></div>

Awesome. Congrats on that beauty.

I also got my XLR earlier this week. The wait was more than worth it. To say I'm pleased would be an understatment. I'll deff. post some pictures in the next couple days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Barjew... Barrel length and length of the handguard?? </div></div>

Stock Savage FCP-K barrel and action. It's 24" without the brake and a 14" handguard. Folded, the entire package is exactly 36".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Awesome. Congrats on that beauty. </div></div>

Thanks brother. I'm in the process of filing down the bikini covers that came with the PST unless I can rummage up something thinner but I'm not sure even a BC would squeeze under there.

Also wanted to give another shout out to Kyle. My chassis shipped with the tactical buttstock instead of the standard so I gave him a call and he told me that he'll send out a standard but to keep the tactical and try them both, then keep the one I like and send the other back. It's really good to see that he takes care of his customers, even after the transaction has been completed.

Mine came in Monday, but still waiting on barrel. Barrel is not going to be here till first week in November, so I dropped my .223 in and it is very comfortable to shoot.

Only prob. is now I have to order another for my .260 so I can leave the .223 where it is.

Kyle was great to deal with and answered all questions. Returned call same day. Great product. Fit was very precise.

I posted this elsewhere in the forum, but I feel i may have some merit in this thread.

Here is my XLR Evolution review:
XLR Evolution Review

IMG_8012.jpg

IMG_8016.jpg

The rifle in the image is a 700 ADL Varmint with KRG Ops Bolt Lift and Bushnell 6-24x 4200 Tactical. Base is a Weaver Tactical 20 MOA and TPS TSR rings.

I read Your review of XLR - pleased me.
Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I posted this elsewhere in the forum, but I feel i may have some merit in this thread.

Here is my XLR Evolution review:
XLR Evolution Review

IMG_8012.jpg

IMG_8016.jpg

The rifle in the image is a 700 ADL Varmint with KRG Ops Bolt Lift and Bushnell 6-24x 4200 Tactical. Base is a Weaver Tactical 20 MOA and TPS TSR rings. </div></div>

Anyone have a Rem700 mounted in an XLR with a Nightforce 50mm objective scope? I need to figure out what ring height I'm going to need and as always I want the scope as low as I can get it.

TIA

Phylodog, I've got a SS 50mm on my xlr and after much deliberation I settled on a set of Badger highs. I think they measure 1.125". I'm quite pleased with the clearance I ended up with. However, if your going to run flip up chances are you'll need to sand a bit of the objective off.

I figured I should put my finished product in this thread also for info.
DSCN0045.jpg

Savage 110 in 284 Win
28" BBL with the 14" handguard
Scope is Nighforce NXS 5.5-22x50
Rings are Vortex/Seekins High 1.26"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CL1KKL4C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks great! Is that painted or dipped? </div></div>

Thanks, I painted it (Duracoat).

I used natural sponges to do the dark brown, black and green on the chassis.

Very nice. I don't know if I trust myself enough to do something like that. If I tried it, I'm sure it would come out looking somewhat like a disease on metal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used natural sponges to do the dark brown, black and green on the chassis. </div></div>

did the duracoat bond well with the anodied finish underneath?

I guess so. I used 220 grit sandpaper then cleaned with acetone.

dgh0ki.jpg

Well, finally got the bits and pieces together.

- XLR Stock (of course and really, really like it)
- Early 80's Rem 700 with ~ 20 rounds, Timney trigger, factory heavy barrel (actually very nice workmanship, deep bluing on barrel and receiver)
- HDMR with Horus H58
- TBAC 30BA 3 months into my Form 4 wait

Next; having the receiver trued and a 20" Bartlien barrel...but want to put a few rounds through this as is for a baseline.

ZY

I was able to get a quick video when I was dialing it in a couple weeks ago. Quality isn't too good but you work with what you got. I'll try to get something better next week. For now this is all I got.

I don't think linking to your own youtube channel is against the rules but if it is I will remove it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThrottleJunkie?feature=mhee

Ordered mine today. It's for a Tikka T3 that I don't have yet. I'm ok with the 8-10 week wait because it will give me some time to find a rifle to go in the stock!

Just a heads up to those running the chassis and a 50mm obj. scope and a 20moa base. I decided to go with a set of ARC M3 Gen.3 rings in 32mm height and it works well. I have a little clearance, enough for scope caps, without looking too tall. I'll try to post some pics when I get a chance.

Had AJ Brown dip my XLR in ATACS and got it back yesterday. I'm pleased with how it turned out and I'm thinking about having the new Evolution chassis dipped in Multicam when it comes in. I still need to get the rings coated and I should have sent the Atlas in with the chassis to be dipped, not sure why I didn't think about it.

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg