• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

Re: XLR Chassis Stock

That looks great Plyhodog! Were the forearm rails on during the dip or installed after? What was the cost to do this? I think I want the same for mine!

Cost would be around $225 - $250. It was all disassembled and dipped separately.

I've been looking at these stocks for a while now. The look is growing on me
grin.gif
. They seem to look even better with a little camo paint! Keep posting those pics so the rest of us can drool some more!!!

Trying...to...resist...
cool.gif

10 weeks today for me. Guess the lead time is still growing.

Not really a big deal, as I'm in no real hurry with this build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mohonri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5-6 more weeks! </div></div>
Hi.
<span style="font-weight: bold">What BASE</span> will walk up for setting on XLR Rem.700 S/A <span style="font-weight: bold">WITHOUT PARING?</span>
http://www.ipsc.org.ua/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5266&start=40

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kristian55</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mohonri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5-6 more weeks! </div></div>
Hi.
<span style="font-weight: bold">What BASE</span> will walk up for setting on XLR Rem.700 S/A <span style="font-weight: bold">WITHOUT PARING?</span>
http://www.ipsc.org.ua/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5266&start=40 </div></div>

I think you are going to have to cut most of the one piece bases for length.

Not hard to do if you buy a good aluminum base like the EGW or Weaver extended multislot.

Don't know if they are available to you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kristian55</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mohonri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5-6 more weeks! </div></div>
Hi.
http://www.ipsc.org.ua/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5266&start=40 </div></div>

I think you are going to have to cut most of the one piece bases for length.

Not hard to do if you buy a good aluminum base like the EGW or Weaver extended multislot.

Don't know if they are available to you. </div></div>
Hi.
Thank you for an answer.
I put a question what producer of Scope Rails for Rem.700S/A does it a bit shorter than for example Badger Scope Rails P/N 306-06 Short action?
Kristian.
P.S.
This length near 5.52"
I search 4142 steel.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Possibly I will do shorter Badger Bases...</span>

hey guys, i have a question for you guys, i have my XLR and everyone my AICS mgs are really a tight fit.

They will slide in with a little muscle just fine and I will hear them click. When taking them out I push the level forward and they mag stays right there. Not even a little hint of dropping. I literally have to grab it while holding the rifle and pull down pretty hard while moving it back and forth to get it to come out. Not just one mag. All 5. Long action mags. 2 10 rounders and 3 5 rounders...

Do you guys have tight mag well areas as well???? OR how can I fix this???

Thanks for the help

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Snapped another pic at training on Wednesday.

XLR.jpg
</div></div>

Phylodog, how do you like the XLR with that wedge bag? I use a TAB and the thing just slides all over the place. That looks like a better setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CL1KKL4C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Phylodog, how do you like the XLR with that wedge bag? I use a TAB and the thing just slides all over the place. That looks like a better setup. </div></div>

The two work very well together. When the XLR showed up and I saw the angled portion of the stock I immediately thought it would be a match made in heaven with the wedge bag.

Well it appears you were right. It doesn't look like it can get much better than that. Looks like Steve's going to get more of my money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had AJ Brown dip my XLR in ATACS and got it back yesterday. I'm pleased with how it turned out and I'm thinking about having the new Evolution chassis dipped in Multicam when it comes in. I still need to get the rings coated and I should have sent the Atlas in with the chassis to be dipped, not sure why I didn't think about it.

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg
</div></div>

Are you kidding me?!!!!! It turned out sick!!!! Awesome, awesome, awesome.
grin.gif

Ordered this chassis about 5 weeks ago and trying to get a sense as to what height rings to buy for mounting the Vortex PST FFP 6x24 scope to the Tika T3 Varmint when it's mounted in this chassis. Anybody out there able to tell me what the outside diameter is for the barrel shroud?

Thanks, LoneWolfUSMC, Thanks for the quick response. I know the ones I have on there now won't clear the shroud because it's only about an 1/8' above the barrel. Just didn't want to be excessively high if I buy them before the chassis arrives.

Question.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Weight of your rifle?</span>
My 7 kg..
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kristian55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
pa290004.jpg

pa290002.jpg
</div></div>

I'd say sanding is an absolute must. I was torn between duracoat and cerakote (duracoat ultimately won since I couldn't manage to navigate cerakote's sure at the time). I called duracoat and asked them about the anodized alum and how well it would hold, they assured me minimal build up and that it adhered very well to the hard coat. While the former was accurate, the latter not so much. It flakes off very easily without any kind of sanding prep. Krylon sticks just as well if not better.

I'm getting one for my savage predator in Red Stone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_9147_2.jpg

IMG_9155_2.jpg

IMG_9178_2.jpg
</div></div>

That rifle is just beautiful... This is making it really hard not to sell off my H&S stock and get an XLR...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_9147_2.jpg

IMG_9155_2.jpg

IMG_9178_2.jpg
</div></div>

Damn. Nice setup. What tripod syatem is that? Ive never seen anything like it before.

is the XLR stock avaible for a sako trg22?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okrebel92</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Damn. Nice setup. What tripod syatem is that? Ive never seen anything like it before. </div></div>

It's a DCLW tripod. There have been a couple for sale here recently. Link

I picked up an A5 stock recently. Because of all the great stocks and chassis systems like the XLR the decision was not so easy. I find that I'm planning another build just to acquire an XLR chassis.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mammout0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is the XLR stock avaible for a sako trg22? </div></div>
YES.

no only trg42 because he need a sako trg22 to make the inlet arghh

if somebody would order an xlr stock for his sako trg 22 it would perfect;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mammout0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if somebody would order an xlr stock for his sako trg 22 it would perfect;-) </div></div>

Maybe we could go in as a group and buy the rifle so XLR can inlet for it. I volunteer to permanently demo the rifle when it's done.
grin.gif

I should be less than two weeks out from receiving another Evolution chassis. I just got a Rem700 SPS .223 barreled action in today to drop in it. Planning to have the barrel cut and threaded at 18" and pop my suppressor on there.

Anyone received theirs lately who could comment if Kyle's 10 week estimates are holding up?

Anyone received theirs lately who could comment if Kyle's 10 week estimates are holding up? </div></div>

Kyle started work on my TRG-S chassis right around August 15th, and I will be receiving it Friday. That's a new stock layout, so I don't know how that affected timeline.

hey Guys, I love my XLR evolution stock!!! I have the ACE folding butt stock and all the goodies. Couple questions if I may?

What are my options for different hand grips? I want to be able to just swap another out and give it a try.

what are my options for different butt stocks? I have the ace folder now but I think I would like to give another butt stock a try. I love the ace and it is really well designed just thought I would take a look at some more options. I would like to be able to just bolt another on... Can I do that?

Any advice would be great.

PS, anyone on the fence about this system needs to get off the fence and buy one. they are for sure a super slick set up and you will love it!!!!

Any AR grip without a "duck tail" will work. If it has a ducktail you will need to cut the tail off.

Most AR15 carbine stocks will work. Look for ones with the locking ring function. Stocks that index on the rear of the AR15 receiver won't work well (I.E. the UBR or PRS).

Anybody have a 5-25-56 schmidt bender on theirs? Which height rings? Think im gonna order one tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lessthanfour</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how are these for off hand shooting? </div></div>

They feel fine.

The adjustability lets you really dial it in if you so choose.

I was finally able to get the 300WM barrel installed today, and the rifle put into it's new home. Still waiting on my 338LM bolt body from Sako to make the switch barrel happen.

I warn you now, it's a crappy photo.

IMG_4385.jpg

Has anyone done a lightweight build using this stock with Magpul CTR/folder option?

I'm still looking to do a lightweight folder for hunting/easier transport options. Wondering what the minimum barrel length would need to be to be over the 26" AOL when folded? I know about the 16" barrel length rule.

pics pics pics!

Mark

I would think you'd have a difficult time obtaining a decent cheek weld with a CTR due to the scope needing to be mounted high to clear the forearm.

They have up to 3/4" risers for them. I wonder what the weight difference is for the supplied stock vs the CTR w/riser? Not a huge deal, the on the fly adjustment of the CTR would be nice though for clothing differences, although not a huge deal either since it's usually one shot anyhow.
What I'm truly after is the Eberlestock chassis.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mark5pt56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have up to 3/4" risers for them. I wonder what the weight difference is for the supplied stock vs the CTR w/riser? Not a huge deal, the on the fly adjustment of the CTR would be nice though for clothing differences, although not a huge deal either since it's usually one shot anyhow.
What I'm truly after is the Eberlestock chassis. </div></div>

I read a post that the Eberlestock chassis' have been shelved for now, not 100% certain that is true, but the post said it is because they are so busy with the production of their newer stock packs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mark5pt56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have up to 3/4" risers for them. I wonder what the weight difference is for the supplied stock vs the CTR w/riser? Not a huge deal, the on the fly adjustment of the CTR would be nice though for clothing differences, although not a huge deal either since it's usually one shot anyhow.
What I'm truly after is the Eberlestock chassis. </div></div>

I read a post that the Eberlestock chassis' have been shelved for now, not 100% certain that is true, but the post said it is because they are so busy with the production of their newer stock packs. </div></div>

Dang, It seems to be a nice system for the lighter builds. Maybe others will design some systems along those lines, most everything is heavier and bulky. I have no problem with the 8-9 pound range total with scope.And with out all of the sharp, protruding points.--and under 1k