• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors YHM 7.62 QD Brake w/ Suppressor

danierc

Private
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2012
Texas
Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a suppressor for my Rem. 700 SPS AAC-SD (20" 1/10 twist). I've been told by a local gun shop that the Yankee Hill QD is the way to go and pretty well priced. I've been looking at going with the actual QD 7.62 brake for the mounting point. Anyone have any experience with this brake and/or this whole setup with a suppressor attached. What's your thoughts/opinions??? Thanks in advance!

Re: YHM 7.62 QD Brake w/ Suppressor

No complaints from mine.... I would get the Ti version if you can swing it. They are half the weight of the SS model and actually suppress very well.

+1 on no complaints. Got mine about a month ago. 7.62 QD TI. Been running it on my 5R and 300 blk SBR.

5R is quieter than the 300 shooting supers. Very minimal impact shift.

I wouldnt think twice about it.

I just bought one today, hope to have the paperwork in the mail next week. It seems to be a great can at the price point.

just picked up mine with the form 4's on thursday. got to shoot on friday. as far as accuracy, i had limited time. i just went to shoot. no accuracy testing just yet. that will be next week.

to me, it sounds just like a 22 semi-auto pistol.

way better than a normal 30 cal rifle!

I will be using the QD brake on two different rifles. I should have my suppressor in the next couple of months! Can't wait to try it! I will be using mine on a LWRC 6.8 and a POF 7.62. It will be the SS version. I will be using it for hog hunting. I am thinking about buying a titanium for the 6.8. What do you guys think? The 6.8 is more of a tactical set up. The weight does not concern me for the 308. We'll see...

I got the SS 7.62 QD one and I am really pleased but I do have a Ti one on order. So I recommend the Ti one if you can afford it. It also works well on my 5.56 and 6.8SPC rifles too.

I have the YHM 7.62 brake on my 5R and love it.

Won't have my YHM Ti 7.62 can till mid Jan or Mid Feb of next year.
frown.gif