• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

you know what would be cool

[email protected]

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2012
Is to have a small ballistic computer that mounts to a picatinny rail, with different throw mount options, that takes in to account weather, shot angle, spin drift, and corrilos AND can connect to a blue tooth range finder! Its ridiculous to spend $4000 and have to carry around three units going back and forth. This inputs the range automatically, you get behind the gun and BAM.. there's your read out. Also does hold overs for wind.

I think ballistic computers are way behind the curve, and range finder companies need to collaborate to make a range finders that are able to connect to more things, smart phone, PDA's, and B. calcs. I know there's the vectronix..but $4500 really.

I know trijicon was working on that very system, and it even accounted for target movement and adjusted the aiming point to compensate for all of that. Sadly, its only available to the military, for now. But, as with many things military ....

That's what I use right now, but I would like a smaller beam divergence. Well if trijicon wants to make some big bucks, sell to us "civilians". God I hate that word

Is to have a small ballistic computer that mounts to a picatinny rail, with different throw mount options, that takes in to account weather, shot angle, spin drift, and corrilos AND can connect to a blue tooth range finder! Its ridiculous to spend $4000 and have to carry around three units going back and forth. This inputs the range automatically, you get behind the gun and BAM.. there's your read out. Also does hold overs for wind.

I think ballistic computers are way behind the curve, and range finder companies need to collaborate to make a range finders that are able to connect to more things, smart phone, PDA's, and B. calcs. I know there's the vectronix..but $4500 really.

I tend to agree with you. Most of the ones that I've see seem to try to give you a ballistics table that doesn't take everything into account. That's why I made my own ("BallistiComp"). Even though, I decided not to market it (at least for now), it's nice to have a computer that automatically takes atmospheric conditions into account and tells me where to shoot for a given range.

There are a couple out there that I have been working on with RIANOV.com. They do the hardware and I do the software. They have a couple more coming out that aren't on their website yet, but they're on mine under "Hardware". They aren't going to be anywhere near $4500!

Brad

Yeah I have seen the rianov and I think it's a great disign. I hope they make the final unit smaller and able to link to rangefinders! The technology is there, just have to put it all together!

I know trijicon was working on that very system, and it even accounted for target movement and adjusted the aiming point to compensate for all of that. Sadly, its only available to the military, for now. But, as with many things military ....

As anything with the Trijicon name, It will be very expensive if it becomes available on the commercial market.

Just throwing this out there and I doubt there a many that have. . . . but has anyone shot the Tracking Point gun in the above link??? I'd like to hear a review of it. If I ever came into some serious cash I think I could spare the coin.

Didnt that already come out for the 408 cheytac? it was crazy expensive but was already on the market...

Try the RIANOV EAGLE they have a commercial unit for under a $1000 and a military unit that works with the STORM, RULR and WILCOX Raptor once cable is completed. Commercial units are available in EuroOptic.com. For more information www.rianov.com Its like tracking point with a 15k discount and actually allows you to fire the weapon when you pull the trigger.

Rianov looks intereting has anyone used these, with JBM ballistics they should be good to go.

I have the Rianov Solo: overall id give it a C-
Cons:
I think the interface is really really slow and awkward. So you range the target (say 750 yards), you hit the power button, go to the bottom right corner click select, than it calculates slope and cant (takes about 3 seconds) and isnt super repeatable, than you scroll in the range and have to move to the bottom right again and hit select. overall i think it takes about 20 seconds. The PROBLEM is if you target moves, you have to repeat the whole process over again (big hassle). I wish there was not two "windows", and instead have the range right above your MOA/MIL readout... so up arrows move range up and down, left and right move wind speed, THEN if you want to calculate slant and slope (why slant?), you hit the select buttom after you already typed everything in!

Talked with Larry about the elite, bad news is it is the same interface..
Would be cool if the remote was wireless and had a display, up arrows move range, left and right move wind speed. Thank you click the center button, relays that info to the readout on the gun where you can see your corrections. Than if you want to change it to say 775 yards, you simply click two buttons.
Good news, bluetooth is in the works with tru-pulse and vectronixs, get rid of a large remote with 5 buttons lol.

For now: ill stick with my G7 rangefinder